Air Dream Deliveries?

And I paid a $25,500 deposit, so I won't be refusing delivery. If I'm angry enough by then at this continuing opaqueness, I'll just sell the car to one of the people who are willing to pay a big premium to get a Dream Edition.

We already have the Tesla Plaid, and I'm still holding my reservation for a Rivian R1S Launch Edition, so it's not like the Air is the only EV I'll have on hand.

Are they telling you when DreamDrive Pro or Apple Carplay will be ready?
No. Communication on updates seems to be pretty limited. I’ve gotten excellent response from customer care, but no information regarding anything that is not currently on the car.

And I paid a $25,500 deposit, so I won't be refusing delivery. If I'm angry enough by then at this continuing opaqueness, I'll just sell the car to one of the people who are willing to pay a big premium to get a Dream Edition.

We already have the Tesla Plaid, and I'm still holding my reservation for a Rivian R1S Launch Edition, so it's not like the Air is the only EV I'll have on hand.
I bought the car to share with my wife who does not feel comfortable with driving it. Hopefully that will change as updates roll out. At any rate I’ve floated the idea of selling to a few resources and I think the market to pay much above sticker is pretty soft. Lots of talk, little action.

I bought the car to share with my wife who does not feel comfortable with driving it. Hopefully that will change as updates roll out. At any rate I’ve floated the idea of selling to a few resources and I think the market to pay much above sticker is pretty soft. Lots of talk, little action.
Why is your wife not comfortable driving it???

Primarily, security. Car will Unlock all doors without prompting. Locking the car is inconsistent. Also, she is short enough she needs to move the seat back to get out and Lucid has not programmed in a “comfort access” feature to automatically moves seat back for exit / entry then up to drive. Pretty standard. Every car we have had for last 10 plus years has it. Include GMC and a Honda Accord. It’s not a high end only feature. I think part of the issue is Lucid also does not have a way to “turn the car off” and indicate you getting out. From P The car has exact same status whether you are opening the door or shifting into D or R.

Primarily, security. Car will Unlock all doors without prompting. Locking the car is inconsistent. Also, she is short enough she needs to move the seat back to get out and Lucid has not programmed in a “comfort access” feature to automatically moves seat back for exit / entry then up to drive. Pretty standard. Every car we have had for last 10 plus years has it. Include GMC and a Honda Accord. It’s not a high end only feature. I think part of the issue is Lucid also does not have a way to “turn the car off” and indicate you getting out. From P The car has exact same status whether you are opening the door or shifting into D or R.
Comfort access actually took Tesla quite a while and they ended up hacking it in as a user profile. It should be there for Lucid though.

As for the power: a lot of electric cars are this way. It’s a preference thing, in fact, it drives me nuts having to press the power button in my Taycan to turn it off and on.

Comfort access actually took Tesla quite a while and they ended up hacking it in as a user profile. It should be there for Lucid though.

As for the power: a lot of electric cars are this way. It’s a preference thing, in fact, it drives me nuts having to press the power button in my Taycan to turn it off and on.
Part of wanting an off mode is carry over from ice, but also, I wand my pod cast or audio book to stop playing. If a simple second press of P button turned everything off, I think all parties could be happy. Also, gives the car feedback as to when to initiate a comfort access feature. There are certainly time you go to P without wanting to get out.

Part of wanting an off mode is carry over from ice, but also, I wand my pod cast or audio book to stop playing. If a simple second press of P button turned everything off, I think all parties could be happy. Also, gives the car feedback as to when to initiate a comfort access feature. There are certainly time you go to P without wanting to get out.
The way other OEMs tend to handle this is by using the door as a trigger. When it is opened it turns everything off and activates comfort access.

I didn’t realize the seats don’t move back upon exiting. That’s the first I’ve heard of that and a feature I’ve always enjoyed. As you say, it’s not a luxury feature and it’s in my wife’s Sonata Hybrid. Is this something promised for the future?

You know Lucken, the way you keep comparing everything to your wife's Sonata, sounds like you already have the perfect car

You know Lucken, the way you keep comparing everything to your wife's Sonata, sounds like you already have the perfect car
Not at all. I'm simply making the point (that others have made too) that there's no reason that Lucid can't do it if a cheap Hyundai can do it. My e-Tron has the feature too, but didn't mention it because it's in a higher price class than the Sonata. I don't think it's at all out of line to ask why a $170,000 car doesn't have simple features that most other cars have and luxury car buyers expect.

I don't let Lucid off the hook as do some others here, so that may be why I come across as I do. You have every right to expect something special from a $170,000 car.

You have every right to expect something special from a $170,000 car.

Yes, you have a right to expect something special, but that's different from expecting everything.

In 2011 I paid $182,000 for an Audi R8 with 2 seats, no air suspension, no ADAS, and that did not even have Audi's latest generation of infotainment software at the time. Yet I felt I was getting something very special for the money.

in 2015 I paid $128,000 for a Tesla Model S that only had a fraction of the capability, features, and room of a Lucid Air, but I knew I was paying to amortize astronomical development costs and to generate a margin that Tesla would deploy for development of other cars -- just as Lucid is doing. Even so, I felt I was getting something very special for the money, as there was nothing remotely like it on the road at any price.

For $170,000 you're getting the longest-range, most efficient luxury sedan in the EV space. You're getting a top-drawer suspension that some reviewers put on a par with a Lotus and handling that almost every reviewer says puts a Tesla Model S Plaid to shame. (Although it remains to be seen, you're probably getting a significantly higher level of fit and finish than in any Tesla, too.) You're getting a rear seat that reviewers find more roomy and comfortable than the Mercedes EQS. You're getting the most extensive ADAS hardware suite on the market. And, while this is highly subjective, in my view you're getting the most forward-thinking and elegantly-styled car inside and out on today's roads.

That's an awful lot of special in my book, even for $170,000.

Last edited:
Yes, you have a right to expect something special, but that's different from expecting everything.
We look at luxury in very different ways. There are certain creature comforts I expect in a luxury vehicle. I don’t think expecting something as basic as seats that move back upon exiting is ‘expecting everything’. I knew my expectations would be met dismissively by some, but that’s fine.

Although apparently most here don’t seem to care, I do think a feature like this can be added OTA. I say that because that was precisely what happened with my 2017 MS. That feature was added post-purchase.

Yea, I get that and I understand where you are coming from. I think it really comes down to whether or not you have faith that Lucid will add these features. I remember someone saying in this forum that if nothing else changes on the car would you still buy it? For me personally, if no other features were added other than the ones that were advertised, I'd be happy with my purchase. I haven't missed the comfort seat moving from my Odyssey to the Air. Wasn't even something that crossed my mind until it got brought up.

We look at luxury in very different ways. There are certain creature comforts I expect in a luxury vehicle. I don’t think expecting something as basic as seats that move back upon exiting is ‘expecting everything’. I knew my expectations would be met dismissively by some, but that’s fine.

Although apparently most here don’t seem to care, I do think a feature like this can be added OTA. I say that because that was precisely what happened with my 2017 MS. That feature was added post-purchase.

I don’t think anyone is arguing it’s an unreasonable feature to wish for - it would certainly be nice. It’s just that for a v1 car, it already has a ton of luxury features (and materials and build quality etc) and thus doesn’t have everything everyone could want… yet. I suspect lots will be added OTA.

For example, I want CarPlay, pet mode, sentry mode, Netflix, etc. I just expect these things to be added later.

I could do without the whoopee cushion though, tbh. ;)

I don’t think anyone is arguing it’s an unreasonable feature to wish for - it would certainly be nice. It’s just that for a v1 car, it already has a ton of luxury features (and materials and build quality etc) and thus doesn’t have everything everyone could want… yet. I suspect lots will be added OTA.

For example, I want CarPlay, pet mode, sentry mode, Netflix, etc. I just expect these things to be added later.

I could do without the whoopee cushion though, tbh. ;)
My grandson is going to hate not having the whoopee cushion feature. He may never forgive me.
I’m certainly hoping when I get my GT, these things are working but if not, I’ll figure it out. (Other than dream drive or at least adaptive cruise control). There are so many other things that this car seems to excel at.

It has climate stay, but only for 45 minutes which is similar to pet mode.

Sentry mode, car play/android auto and ADAS are necessary.

Yea, I get that and I understand where you are coming from. I think it really comes down to whether or not you have faith that Lucid will add these features. I remember someone saying in this forum that if nothing else changes on the car would you still buy it? For me personally, if no other features were added other than the ones that were advertised, I'd be happy with my purchase. I haven't missed the comfort seat moving from my Odyssey to the Air. Wasn't even something that crossed my mind until it got brought up.
I think that’s it in a nutshell. You have to buy the car based on the assumption nothing more will be added beyond what Lucid promised would be added. I agree with borski, whoopee cushions aren’t necessary.

Where did this assumption originate that the Lucid's seats will not automatically drop or move back if programmed to do so.

On the other forum Cyber3dx, who was concerned about the intrusive roof rails, posted this:

"However, my salesperson confirmed that I could set a default position for the seat (all the way down) to allow me entry. And it will rise from there to my personal setting and lower when I exit. When my wife enters the car the seat will be all the way down and rise up to her personal setting and lower when she exits." (Post #7 in the link below)

Back