Air Dream Deliveries?

You people getting vin numbers is it like Tesla where the last 6 can tell you the number made ? If so can you’ share like the last 6??

No, the serial numbers (last six digits of the VINs) are not sequential. Each Dream is stamped on the door sill with the production number, and they don't correlate to the serial numbers.

I just received my VIN an hour ago. They are still saying delivery by year end. Called my insurance and gave them the VIN and it popped right up. Just waiting for the purchase agreement and then I will wire the money. Feeling a little more optimistic but I am wondering how they are going to ship all those cars in the next 10 days??
curious to know how much more is your car insurance? i haven't been able to get an online quote from my provider yet.

EVERYONE - is the Lucid Air Dream Edition #114 the highest number we know of that has been delivered? Thanks!

curious to know how much more is your car insurance? i haven't been able to get an online quote from my provider yet.

They quoted me $750 every six months. Full coverage and $500 deductible on collision.

I have a quick question. After a couple of communication miscues between my Delivery Advisor and me (at least one of which was my fault) I got an introductory email and phone call from a new DA yesterday. He reiterated that they are still committed to full DE delivery by 12/31. We'll see.

On to my question. I received wiring instructions today. Did those who have paid for/received vehicles wire funds before receiving a VIN or delivery date?

I'm inclined to wait on one or both but not TOO worried about it.

Did those who have paid for/received vehicles wire funds before receiving a VIN or delivery date?

I got my VIN on November 19 and my request for final payment on December 11. (I still don't have a delivery date.) This dodgy practice of demanding payment before delivering product seems to be becoming the norm in online EV sales, but asking for payment while a car is still so early on the production line that a VIN hasn't even been issued is a bit much.

If your VIN hasn't been issued yet, I'd hazard a guess that you have ZERO chance of seeing your car before year end. This sounds as if Lucid is trying to book income for a fiscal quarter in which product will not be delivered. It's been years since I've had to worry about FASB rules, but this smells fishy enough to warrant more inquiry before sending the money.

So I have also received wiring instructions but my DA specifically told me to wait until I receive the Docusign package which will provide the final amount, etc. Reality is I already know the final amount but since the wire will be received same day if I process in the morning I see no advantage to jumping the gun.

My inclination especially given hmp10’s experience is to wait to wire the money until I have a firm delivery date if possible.

Interestingly, despite asking for it I still don’t have wiring instructions.

I got my VIN on November 19 and my request for final payment on December 11. (I still don't have a delivery date.) This dodgy practice of demanding payment before delivering product seems to be becoming the norm in online EV sales, but asking for payment while a car is still so early on the production line that a VIN hasn't even been issued is a bit much.

If your VIN hasn't been issued yet, I'd hazard a guess that you have ZERO chance of seeing your car before year end. This sounds as if Lucid is trying to book income for a fiscal quarter in which product will not be delivered. It's been years since I've had to worry about FASB rules, but this smells fishy enough to warrant more inquiry before sending the money.
I just reviewed the email and there was no final invoice or request for payment and I did request the wiring instructions so I wouldn't go so far as to call it fishy. I was curious as to what SOP was.

They're going to have to make one hell of a herculean effort to get the delivery to MT by 12/31. In earlier conversations I had told my Delivery Advisor that I hadn't decided whether to take delivery at my MT residence or my AZ. (There's a substantial sales tax savings in MT but I'll be spending most of the winter in AZ so hadn't decided). I emailed him in late November that I had decided to go with MT. The new Delivery Advisor who contacted me yesterday was still going off the AZ address on my reservation so I think some wires got crossed somewhere.

Are they not in your payment portal?

. . . but since the wire will be received same day if I process in the morning I see no advantage to jumping the gun.

I paid on November 11 using the ACH portal. My bank processed the payment on November 12, but it was only on November 16 -- after a call and an email to Lucid -- that I got confirmation that Lucid had credited my account with payment.

Last edited:
Back