Air Dream Deliveries?

Torque. What u hearing?
Haven't heard of the bolt torque issue becoming a recall (to @hydbob's point, it is currently a campaign). From what everyone has post, so far it has only affected cars that haven't been delivered and kept them at service centers until the packs are checked.

Haven't heard of the bolt torque issue becoming a recall (to @hydbob's point, it is currently a campaign). From what everyone has post, so far it has only affected cars that haven't been delivered and kept them at service centers until the packs are checked.
Hmm...ive had my car for 2 months and they are saying i need to bring it in for 1.5 days. I thought that would be considered a recall vs. a campaign. I don't know the difference.

Hmm...ive had my car for 2 months and they are saying i need to bring it in for 1.5 days. I thought that would be considered a recall vs. a campaign. I don't know the difference.
That's news. Dream Edition? They said it was for the battery pack bolt torque?

A recall is mandated by the NHTSA. A campaign is the company getting ahead of a potential issue by doing checks. Essentially, the NHTSA hasn't forced Lucid to do anything about the bolt torque thing, but Lucid is going to check and see if it's an issue.

I have been told my car is “preparing to leave the factory”. What ever that means.

I was told they would update me when it is in Illinois.

I am guessing a week for them to actually get it on a truck plus another week of transit.

I have been told my car is “preparing to leave the factory”. What ever that means.

I was told they would update me when it is in Illinois.

I am guessing a week for them to actually get it on a truck plus another week of transit.
I believe that’s final factory inspection and wrapping before going on transport. Are you doing home delivery? If so then I think they do the PDI as well before it leaves.

I believe that’s final factory inspection and wrapping before going on transport. Are you doing home delivery? If so then I think they do the PDI as well before it leaves.

I am taking delivery at the Chicago service center.

1648082112993.png

Interesting shipment of Lucids (2), where one is covered (Dream Edition) and one is not covers (Grand Touring).

View attachment 1179

Interesting shipment of Lucids (2), where one is covered (Dream Edition) and one is not covers (Grand Touring).

Maybe a test drive vehicle? Everything we've seen so far shows they cover them at shipping?

True....weird...

Picture was taken during the delivery drivers lunch break when he took someone’s Dream for a spin.😊

I just received a slew of emails to sign my purchase order and pay.

I assume that is a good sign. Any idea if that implies it is ready for delivery?

Since I have never seen the car, I’d like to hold on to payment until I drove it. Does anybody have any experience paying with a check?

I just received a slew of emails to sign my purchase order and pay.

I assume that is a good sign. Any idea if that implies it is ready for delivery?

Since I have never seen the car, I’d like to hold on to payment until I drove it. Does anybody have any experience paying with a check?
It means it's ready to ship or has already shipped from the factory, but may not be ready for delivery YET. The PDI could hold it up like it has for others on this forum.

I believe most everyone here did a wire transfer or a loan. You can pay and do all your walkthrough and everything and refuse to take delivery and they will refund you. But, if it makes you uncomfortable, definitely check with your DA. It's also a different process if you are taking a home delivery vs. picking up in studio.

OK, now I know I might be making a mistake with the Lucid. My wife came in all excited yesterday afternoon after walking the dogs and tells me that she just saw a black Lucid drive by our house. We live on a secondary road, not in a neighborhood so we do get a bit of traffic at certain times. We have seen a Lucid here in Charlotte one other time, at night, passing, so she did not see it very long, if at all, probably the same car as we saw it less than a mile from my house. Well, after yesterday's sighting she went on and on about how she loved the look and that the car's badging (not her words) was so understated.

This could be a very bad thing if my wife is excited about a car, she is never excited about cars.

OK, now I know I might be making a mistake with the Lucid. My wife came in all excited yesterday afternoon after walking the dogs and tells me that she just saw a black Lucid drive by our house. We live on a secondary road, not in a neighborhood so we do get a bit of traffic at certain times. We have seen a Lucid here in Charlotte one other time, at night, passing, so she did not see it very long, if at all, probably the same car as we saw it less than a mile from my house. Well, after yesterday's sighting she went on and on about how she loved the look and that the car's badging (not her words) was so understated.

This could be a very bad thing if my wife is excited about a car, she is never excited about cars.
Happy wife...happy life

Not if she decides she just wants to drive the Lucid all the time. I guess at that point I do as others have suggested, buy her one and get it wrapped whatever color she likes.

Back