AC turning off and on constantly

Gap323

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring R
Has anyone had an issue where you have the a/c on at a certain level and it turns off for appx 10-15 minutes then comes back on? My AC keeps on turning off when I am driving and if I don’t mess around with the switches it will stay off for quite some time then go back on, then off, then back on.

Anyone else come across this issue?

Yes my AC goes off but it’s only 3-4 seconds. It will happen one or two times during a 20 min drive. I often wondered what is the errant bit of coding that causes this? What is the input that trips this glitch? I’m just glad it comes back on unlike the radio that if I ask Alexa the wrong thing the radio blinks off, takes the pilot panel with it and there is no resolution till you stop and get out of the car for 5-10 minutes. That’s really annoying.

I may have noticed that once on our drive home from Short Hills. Both my wife and I noticed it got warmer in the car for several seconds, then began cooling again without any action on our part.

Has anyone had an issue where you have the a/c on at a certain level and it turns off for appx 10-15 minutes then comes back on? My AC keeps on turning off when I am driving and if I don’t mess around with the switches it will stay off for quite some time then go back on, then off, then back on.

10-15 minutes is new. Everyone reporting here is no more than a minute. Send CS a report!

10-15 minutes is new. Everyone reporting here is no more than a minute. Send CS a report!
Yes with all the research I have done. I think I’m the only one so far. It was in for repairs, they said they can’t duplicate it. Long story short video and issue have been sent to headquarters with what the service advisor told me. Now we wait and see.

Yes with all the research I have done. I think I’m the only one so far. It was in for repairs, they said they can’t duplicate it. Long story short video and issue have been sent to headquarters with what the service advisor told me. Now we wait and see.
Yeah the AC issues are weird. Mine besides no cooling used to get stuck in the Defrost mode.

Also had the shutdown and start issues a few times and once again in Houston they flew in AC people and they put probes all the way around but “Per their Specs” it was working fine.

Last Tuesday they came and using a computer did the AC soft reset but as has been communicated by a couple of others it seems the AC just is not strong enough in very hot weather and Tinting all the glass has helped.

Sorry to hear of your trouble but as these cases mount, same as the 12V/Turtle mode then Lucid will have to take a hard look and a deeper dive into these. Please keep after Service and escalate to a Manager if possible to get more attention.

Yes my AC goes off but it’s only 3-4 seconds. It will happen one or two times during a 20 min drive. I often wondered what is the errant bit of coding that causes this? What is the input that trips this glitch? I’m just glad it comes back on unlike the radio that if I ask Alexa the wrong thing the radio blinks off, takes the pilot panel with it and there is no resolution till you stop and get out of the car for 5-10 minutes. That’s really annoying.
Have you reported it? If not please, please report it. I can confirm that if the AC goes off and you do not touch the controls it will stay off.

Also you cannot save your AC settings, it uses the settings that were there the last time the car was turned off so I have had issues where I get No AC when I get in the car and have to mess with the controls.

I have another post below but after the reset the AC off issue has not recurred 🤞

No mine is longer than that 3-4 seconds.

I may have noticed that once on our drive home from Short Hills. Both my wife and I noticed it got warmer in the car for several seconds, then began cooling again without any action on our part.
Super annoying if you ask me. Loving the car and the drive, hope they can fix these issues soon.

Yeah the AC issues are weird. Mine besides no cooling used to get stuck in the Defrost mode.

Also had the shutdown and start issues a few times and once again in Houston they flew in AC people and they put probes all the way around but “Per their Specs” it was working fine.

Last Tuesday they came and using a computer did the AC soft reset but as has been communicated by a couple of others it seems the AC just is not strong enough in very hot weather and Tinting all the glass has helped.

Sorry to hear of your trouble but as these cases mount, same as the 12V/Turtle mode then Lucid will have to take a hard look and a deeper dive into these. Please keep after Service and escalate to a Manager if possible to get more attention.
Yes I agree these are stuff we need to get their attention about to fix. I mean I’m happy with my car, there are issues like this which annoy the hell out of me but yet again, i think Lucid will be able to fix it soon, hopefully.

Have you reported it? If not please, please report it. I can confirm that if the AC goes off and you do not touch the controls it will stay off.

Also you cannot save your AC settings, it uses the settings that were there the last time the car was turned off so I have had issues where I get No AC when I get in the car and have to mess with the controls.

I have another post below but after the reset the AC off issue has not recurred 🤞
You can use the remote climate option to not have to mess with it when you get in the car. Or you can use the 45-minute hold if you’re just gonna be gone briefly; I use the remote cooking all the time when I’m at the gym, for example, because I know I’m gonna be a million degrees when I’m done haha

YES. my AC will randomly turn off. It’s more than a few seconds, but I go back in and turn it on so I don’t know how long it would stay off for. I also will have the ventilated seats turn off randomly and the audio fail to load either Spotify, bluetooth or the radio.

YES. my AC will randomly turn off. It’s more than a few seconds, but I go back in and turn it on so I don’t know how long it would stay off for. I also will have the ventilated seats turn off randomly and the audio fail to load either Spotify, bluetooth or the radio.
Ditto

First time was a long time - now it’s 5-10 seconds but happens constantly - every 15 or so minutes on a drive. I have reported it - someone me tioned they thought it started with 1.2.10. - I wasn’t keeping that close an eye on it but it is a new issue that has developed over the last month.

I have not experienced that and I have never heard of it going off for such a prolonged period of time.

I will also mention that I lost high reservation. It reverted to standard. Not sure when that happened. Was wondering why it was not stopping as it used to on my trip, although I still got 4.1 miles per kw with standard regen.

Yes same here, that’s what I mean if I don’t turn it back on I have timed up to 15 minutes maximum until it goes back on. My ventilated seats will randomly turn on as well. Not sure what’s going on.

First time was a long time - now it’s 5-10 seconds but happens constantly - every 15 or so minutes on a drive. I have reported it - someone me tioned they thought it started with 1.2.10. - I wasn’t keeping that close an eye on it but it is a new issue that has developed over the last month.
I am on the latest software, it was in for service repairs. Haven’t really been driving ever since but hoping to see a difference.

I have not experienced that and I have never heard of it going off for such a prolonged period of time.
Yeah mine has that issue. Hoping since it’s back from service it is better now, but I am not driving as much anymore to notice it.

Back