• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

AC turning off and on constantly

That’s possible, but it makes me wonder then why are things usually cured by a reboot? Of course @hmp10 couldn’t troubleshoot the AC cuz his pilot panel went out. Other solutions could be to park and lock the car then try and remote set the climate system from the phone app. I just think if it was a hardware/wiring problem then it would just fail and that would be that. Doesn’t make sense to me that resetting the software would somehow change the electrical layout, although software can dictate open/closed circuits. I’m more suspicious that the underlying software which controls how power is distributed to various modules in the vehicle is bad. Given they did a recall on every car for a wiring harness issue that affected almost no vehicles, I’d think if this was a wiring problem we’d have seen another recall.
Excellent points! In such a software intensive "system" as the Air, it makes me wonder how detailed of software engineering analyses were performed give the time pressure Lucid was under to start deliveries. The interaction between the hardware subsystems and the software can cause all types of intermittent performance gremlins. This can be caused by hardware failures in functional subsystems or signal related timing issues driven by software communication. The aerospace industry typically performs a functional Failure Modes, Effects, And Criticality Analysis (FMECA) on their design topology. Essentially, if you lose a function due to a hardware failure, what is the effect and criticality of the resulting functionality loss. In the case of the Air being so software intensive, I would also hope that the Lucid Software Engineering team has done an extensive functional Sneak Circuit Analysis (SCA). A SCA assumes the hardware is functional with no hardware failures (reasonable assumption for a new Air) but that unintentional (and usually undesired) signals are being energized at the wrong time. This is often signal timing related or functional states not being reset properly. These Sneak Circuits often manifest themselves as intermittent unexpected functional performance, i.e. one seemingly unrelated subsystem left in the wrong state at the wrong time can possibly impact another subsystem... Those gremlins can be difficult to trace to root cause, and one can only hope that with time the Software Engineering team can leverage their FMECA and SCA to deliver a much more robust software system design... The SCA is usually performed under the assumption of having a robust software design that anticipates and accommodates user actions in satisfied software design requirements. Obviously the consensus of this Forum indicates the Air has not yet reached that level of software design maturity... Personally I have to believe they will be able to resolve these issues before my Touring Stealth gets built next year!

Has anyone had an issue where you have the a/c on at a certain level and it turns off for appx 10-15 minutes then comes back on? My AC keeps on turning off when I am driving and if I don’t mess around with the switches it will stay off for quite some time then go back on, then off, then back on.

Anyone else come across this issue?
This a problem that Lucid is aware of and does not have on a high priority fix list per the assistant manager of customer experience

This a problem that Lucid is aware of and does not have on a high priority fix list per the assistant manager of customer experience
I don't believe that for a second. If you look back at the history of updates and compare it to certain issues reported here on the forum, the software team certainly prioritizes specific fixes after being reported.

Every person I’ve met or spoken to from Lucid is very careful not to reveal future plans, production numbers, update timelines, etc. I seriously doubt that anyone in a managerial role would say such a thing. Please elaborate on how you have this insider information.

We have had this since we got the car. It’s very strange and seems to happen randomly. Usually it is off for around 5-10 minutes. We live in the desert and frankly the AC isn’t adequate to begin with.

We have had this since we got the car. It’s very strange and seems to happen randomly. Usually it is off for around 5-10 minutes. We live in the desert and frankly the AC isn’t adequate to begin with.
What version of software? 1.2.21 fixed the intermittent AC issue for the rest of us.

The car is currently in the SC for a battery fault so I don’t know the current ver.

Back