315 is in Turtle Mode after 61 miles - first day

Picked up the car yesterday and went back to the office plus a couple of errands. Got home, wife and kids wanted to check it out. Took them for a quick spin and the car dumped into limp mode. Kids laughed that dads electric rc car broke. Called Customer Service and between them and the service center, they had a tech out this morning. The declared fault is a door handle sensor. I flat bedded the car back to the service center, now we wait and see how this goes.
Lucid had to replace my driver side handle.

So, obviously that error had nothing to do with the door handle. I am told at this point the car needs a new rear motor. That motor is on order and is expected to arrive today or tomorrow with a day and a half of installation.

It's supposed to be like that. Customers are expected to just get some caulk and fix the motor up themselves, along with installing brake pads that didn't come on the car as well. Also, when you get a chance, replace the 2 mismatched tires on your new vehicle as well.

Fred Flintsone.gif

Likely would’ve been after 1 mile too, haha - sounds just like a factory defect, not an issue of use/overuse.

I do like the fact that the replacement is so soon (of course...the Scottsdale service center is only an hour or so away from the factory).

So, obviously that error had nothing to do with the door handle. I am told at this point the car needs a new rear motor. That motor is on order and is expected to arrive today or tomorrow with a day and a half of installation.
It happens... Do you know if they are giving you a whole new drive unit or just the motor? in 2016 TESLA replaced our MS drive unit. As I recall Tesla came to the house around 10:30 Am with a loaner and took our car. We got a call around 3PM the same day from service and were told that our car was ready. TESLA took just three hours to replace the drive unit. If this happened to my Lucid I would want to see the part that failed.

Looks like another Dream went to “turtle mode”. On the other forum, the owner of Dream #82 said there was an issue at 5000 miles.

any update on this one?
Got the car back over the weekend. They had to replace the rear motor. It failed in some form. I’ve been driving it since with no issues. They had to do a number of charging tests to validate the battery wasn’t the cause of the motor failure. They seemed happy enough with the results to return the car.

Got the car back over the weekend. They had to replace the rear motor. It failed in some form. I’ve been driving it since with no issues. They had to do a number of charging tests to validate the battery wasn’t the cause of the motor failure. They seemed happy enough with the results to return the car.
They had to replace the font motor in my DE 458. I wonder if it was the same issue.

They had to replace the font motor in my DE 458. I wonder if it was the same issue.
Why did they have to replace it? Did you have a similar problem? That would be three cases that I have heard about which would imply a larger issue since only a limited number of cars are on the road.

Why did they have to replace it? Did you have a similar problem? That would be three cases that I have heard about which would imply a larger issue since only a limited number of cars are on the road.
Mine didn’t throw any errors. The service center actually found a small leak in the front drive unit.

Mine didn’t throw any errors. The service center actually found a small leak in the front drive unit.
So how did they find the leak? Was it something they looked for? I wonder if a leak was the reason for the other cars errors, but yours was caught early? Might be a conversation I have with the service center when I finally get a delivery.

Back