315 is in Turtle Mode after 61 miles - first day

Variable

Cars
Many
Picked up the car yesterday and went back to the office plus a couple of errands. Got home, wife and kids wanted to check it out. Took them for a quick spin and the car dumped into limp mode. Kids laughed that dads electric rc car broke. Called Customer Service and between them and the service center, they had a tech out this morning. The declared fault is a door handle sensor. I flat bedded the car back to the service center, now we wait and see how this goes.

Attachments

• B6CBB7C2-9DF8-4D45-AC37-E087914F5D27.jpeg
    B6CBB7C2-9DF8-4D45-AC37-E087914F5D27.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 476
yikes. when it's in turtle mode, what's the maximum speed you can achieve?

So a faulty door handle sensor can cause a "drive system fault"? Uh, NO :eek:. Somebody tell that engineer a door handle sensor is not part of the drive system.

Picked up the car yesterday and went back to the office plus a couple of errands. Got home, wife and kids wanted to check it out. Took them for a quick spin and the car dumped into limp mode. Kids laughed that dads electric rc car broke. Called Customer Service and between them and the service center, they had a tech out this morning. The declared fault is a door handle sensor. I flat bedded the car back to the service center, now we wait and see how this goes.
Ouch. That is not good. Hope I never see turtle mode, especially if I am driving cross country and happen to be out in, say West TX.

It built enough momentum to get up to 15 mph or so... Frankly I didn't look as I was just trying to get it home.
Is this a DE?

Ouch. That is not good. Hope I never see turtle mode, especially if I am driving cross country and happen to be out in, say West TX.
Heaven forbid that you might have to step outside in Texas

Sounds like it since he said #315 in the thread.
Thank you. Didn't attend to the heading.
Waited all this time and now this development!

At least the kids have a good sense of humor (hope Variable is equally stoic). This is a new one.

So a faulty door handle sensor can cause a "drive system fault"? Uh, NO :eek:. Somebody tell that engineer a door handle sensor is not part of the drive system.
Yea, I’m not buying the explanation so we will see….

Yea, I’m not buying the explanation so we will see….
I could see it from a safety feature standpoint. The car won’t operate with a door open but that wasn’t the fault that was thrown. It was a drive fault vs a safety error.

Fascinating. Never seen that.

Had steering lock up on me exactly once, but a reboot fixed that and it’s never happened since. I suspect it was a race condition (and it happened at boot, not while driving or anything).

Did you do the reset? That fixed my car (DE 305) when it went turtle mode at 45 miles.

I could see it from a safety feature standpoint. The car won’t operate with a door open but that wasn’t the fault that was thrown. It was a drive fault vs a safety error.
Not sure this is what you’re saying but I wanted to say that the car does operate with a door open… I found out a couple of weeks ago.

Not sure this is what you’re saying but I wanted to say that the car does operate with a door open… I found out a couple of weeks ago.
What I meant was, I could see the car being put into turtle mode if a door was open, from a safety standpoint. But, that wasn't the error that was thrown. It was a drive system error, not a safety warning that a door was 'open'.

Well, they have now had it almost two and a half days. Communication has been good, I am persistent so I have initiated the contact. It appears they have discovered an issue that needs resolving, one way or another but no ETA currently.

What service center is your car at?

Back