2023 Q4 Deliveries

Also inflation was a surprise, which will likely push out any rate cuts. High rates for longer is seen to be negative for expensive cars.

Last edited:
Hey that avg came down though!

This is an example of my unrelenting stubbornness overcoming logic. I sold all my Tesla holdings some months ago, as I firmly believe Elon Musk is a long-term risk to that company, but I still wanted to play in the EV sandbox. My stubbornness comes in with my acting as if the best technology must and will win out eventually. Yet I know that is not always the case.

I still haven't gotten over the fact that VHS beat out Betamax or that streaming killed off CDs and DVDs. I'm an angry old man.

I'm a shareholder, but I think/fear that short sellers are now pretty much in control of the LCID stock price, and the narrative, and that they will remain in control until there is some definitive change to the status quo. The Q4 units cracked the low end of the range that I hoped for, but I think it won't be the catalyst they need, and while the word is getting out about how great the cars are, fears about the future is a powerful deterrent to making the purchase decision. Another significant partnership, or some definitive sign of PIF support, would help.
Price target 5.2, wall street won't buy in unless a 40-50% upside, especially for volatile stocks. 3.12 means 40%. I bought today anwill if it falls again. Will go back to $4 again.

This is an example of my unrelenting stubbornness overcoming logic. I sold all my Tesla holdings some months ago, as I firmly believe Elon Musk is a long-term risk to that company, but I still wanted to play in the EV sandbox. My stubbornness comes in with my acting as if the best technology must and will win out eventually. Yet I know that is not always the case.

I still haven't gotten over the fact that VHS beat out Betamax or that streaming killed off CDs and DVDs. I'm an angry old man.
Thats why you don't sell in the 3's, think of how many sold....wall street knows how to screw retail investors most of the time. Reversal near, its grossly oversold at this point.

I grabbed 1000 in solidarity at 3.17.

I'm a big believer in only owning stock in companies whose products and intellectual property I actually believe in and would use myself.

Perhaps my overconfidence in LCID comes from the fact I bought AAPL when it was $3 several splits ago. Back when me and five other people thought they would survive the 2000s.

Today was overall mixed news for the EV market:
1. More federal grants to charging infrastructure providers to support 50% EV sales by 2030.
2. Hertz selling 20,000 of their EV fleet based on consumer demand and high cost of repairs and maintenance.
3. CPI came in hotter than expected so interest rate cuts now probably pushed back.

high cost of repairs and maintenance.

That was the Headlines reported in the press.

In reality it was long wait times for repairs because Tesla takes their time delivering parts for collision repair. This down time cost Hertz money in lost rental revenue.

And Hertz took a bath when they sold their Teslas. Because they bought HIGH and sold after Tesla slashed prices.

LCID is down because deliveries are down 12% vs Q4 2022. This raises demand concerns. Q4 2022 Lucid had backorders. Now Lucid is living off of fresh ongoing demand.

Possibly because an analyst just dropped LCID from SELL to STRONG SELL.
Nope, only 1 sell, most are hold. Unless you are a trader looking for a quick buck, its stupid to sell or short at these levels. Lots of catalysts going forwards.

First rule of thumb never listen to an analyst as they are wrong 90% of the time. I can’t tell you in my investment portfolio over the years how many times certain analyst had advised against decisions make your own and live with them. Search some of the analyst and their investment picks and you will see most of them have losing positions. This especially holds true for this stock.

Friendly word of advice: learn some cold, hard technical analysis before investing and set a stop loss limit. Unfortunately, the performance of the car and the performance of the stock are not directly related.

Some of my posting about buying Lucid stock is tongue-in-cheek. It's the only stock in my portfolio I buy for reasons beyond investment returns. (I'm a retired Senior Managing Director of a major hedge fund and understand full well the utility -- and limitations -- of technical stock analysis.)

Back