13 month old “date of manufacturing”: concerns?

Generaldisarray

Referral Code
CRTE06Y6
Would this be odd or raise any concerns/red flags if the 2023 Air Grand Touring that I am supposed to get this week has a “date of manufacturing” of 11/22, which is 13 months ago?

It seems like this car must have been sitting somewhere for 13 months. When I hear of so many people have waited a long time to get a delivery, this seems strange to me that this car has sat somewhere for so long.

Should I try to change the car to get a more recent manufactured car? Or are there any questions that I should be asking?

I am really excited to get the AGT, but should I be concerned?

I would not be worried, Lucid was offering discounts to sell the older inventory. The warranty starts the day you pick it up so you will be well covered in case there are any issues. If the car is the configuration that you want, go for it. Forums like this highlight issues more than an owner saying everything was fine. We did hear of one case with tire flat spots so definitely take it for a drive to check.

Generaldisarray,​

I took possession of my AIr GT 22 in November '22 and its manufacturing date was in 10/22 ( wanted the original grandfathered pricing and tax break) . I have had no major issues like the (battery replacement or drive train failure issue) so perhaps that stuff was worked out from the Air's produced in early 2022. In fact my only issue was the wiper adjustment thing that was a quick fix so I would not worry about it at all

Thank you! That is good to know as I am sure the build quality is good. But it seems like I would get a car that is 13 months old, and has been sittting in a lot somewhere for over a year, when it seems like others get a car that was manufactured one or just a few months before they purchase. I wonder is this car could have been rejected/declined by other prospective owners or was a display model that was not available for purchase? But I’m sure it will be great either way!

My car, coincidentally, was manufactured the same month as yours. I've had no issues.

When you receive the car, just check all of the physical moving parts like t/frunk, door handles, windows, etc. They'll check that before delivery, but you should as well.

Any recall items will have been addressed.

I would not worry about it. Covered by warranty from the day you take delivery. The car is amazing. you will love it.

Thank you! That is good to know as I am sure the build quality is good. But it seems like I would get a car that is 13 months old, and has been sittting in a lot somewhere for over a year, when it seems like others get a car that was manufactured one or just a few months before they purchase. I wonder is this car could have been rejected/declined by other prospective owners or was a display model that was not available for purchase? But I’m sure it will be great either way!
This is from Dec 2022, your car is probably here at the factory. All those cars are new from the factory. It is unlikely that it was rejected by another buyer before you. Lucid over produced during this period.

IMG_2972.jpeg

Build quality is good. Warranty starts from delivery date. You will be good and will love the car!

@Generaldisarray How did you find out your date of manufacturing? I recently bought a pre-owned Air Touring and want to find its manufacturing date.

Generaldisarray,​

I took possession of my AIr GT 22 in November '22 and its manufacturing date was in 10/22 ( wanted the original grandfathered pricing and tax break) . I have had no major issues like the (battery replacement or drive train failure issue) so perhaps that stuff was worked out from the Air's produced in early 2022. In fact my only issue was the wiper adjustment thing that was a quick fix so I would not worry about it at all

Hi Generaldisarray
My Air GT was born in 10/22 as well.
Same experience just the wiper adjustment
Hopefully our good fortune continues
Car is an amazing ride

Back