Build date

The only thing I would worry about are the tires. Make sure the tires are good and not deformed by having been parked for a long time. My 2023 touring would wobble a bit at low and high speeds due to a couple tires having flat spots. I had to take the car in for Lucid to replace the tires. So take a test drive and visually inspect the tires to make sure you do not feel issues with the tires or see any deformed spots.
Anyone experiencing blowouts due to potholes? I had 2 in a week. The holes weren’t big or deep either. Other cars went over with no problems

Anyone experiencing blowouts due to potholes? I had 2 in a week. The holes weren’t big or deep either. Other cars went over with no problems
21" wheels, with their very low profile tires, are susceptible to road hazard damage. Check your tires carefully for sidewall bubbles on both the inside and outside sidewalls. 19" wheels are significantly less likely to experience tire damage - though not immune. There are several very lengthy threads on this topic.

21" wheels, with their very low profile tires, are susceptible to road hazard damage. Check your tires carefully for sidewall bubbles on both the inside and outside sidewalls. 19" wheels are significantly less likely to experience tire damage - though not immune. There are several very lengthy threads on this topic.
This. Also, if you search the forum for 'bubble' or 'sidewall' or 'blowout' or similar, you'll find lots of threads on this topic. :)

Also inflate your tires to 45 psi, but yes read the other thread like @borski mentioned!

Also inflate your tires to 45 psi, but yes read the other thread like @borski mentioned!
I prefer the 21s at 42, but as @Worldwide Beagle pointed out, I’m pretty cautious about keeping them at 42 - I check them regularly (as in once a week or so) with a real gauge.

45 is easier because you don’t have to worry about it quite as much.

Great info, everyone, and thank you.

I'm coming from a BMW M4 convertible. I often drive my son and one or two of his football buddies. They play on a very good high school team here in San Francisco and are all 6-foot +. Their knees are up near their chests even with the front eats moved forward! Worse if a lineman shows up (but i put the lineman in the front!).

I do believe the lucid will be an improvement!

I prefer the 21s at 42, but as @Worldwide Beagle pointed out, I’m pretty cautious about keeping them at 42 - I check them regularly (as in once a week or so) with a real gauge.

45 is easier because you don’t have to worry about it quite as much.
Correcto Mundo Mr Borski. Six months with the infamous 21" Pirellis at 45psi and not one issue.

Just under 7k miles at 45psi here and one of my tires developed a slow leak over the holidays. 😥
I don't see an obvious problem, but it sure isn't easy to see in that tiny gap around the tire. Time to explore tire repair options I guess.

Wife picked up new Audi a few days ago, and low and behold, 35 ratio Conti performance tires. Checked TP when we got it home. Tires were at 27 - cold, while the "comfort" Audi recommendation minimum was 35. Like @borski said, you gotta stay on top of it - especially low profile.

Just under 7k miles at 45psi here and one of my tires developed a slow leak over the holidays. 😥
I don't see an obvious problem, but it sure isn't easy to see in that tiny gap around the tire. Time to explore tire repair options I guess.
Slow leak = small nail or screw. Likely still in there. Our bolt in TPMS do not tend to leak like old cheap valve stems - and our cars are not that old.

You have a nail or some other sharp object in your tire. You can find someone to repair it, but if it’s in the tread, they’ll have to cut out the sound insulating foam to plug/patch it.

Some places won’t do that at all, since it’s not acceptable by manufacturer standards (and voids any warranty). Some will, but you may end up hearing a thunking sound whenever you roll over it.

Some swear they hear nothing. As usual, YMMV; the safest thing is to replace the tire, but it depends on where the leak is and if it’s repairable.

Also, just go buy the discount tire/americas tire certificates (yes, on your OEM tires and if you buy a new one). It’s super cheap ($268 or something?) and protects you against blowouts, nails, and any other road hazards, and is honored by any discount tire / Americas tire across the country.

Back