Taking a look at Lucid

Here is the entrance to our driveway...
Time for some math estimation. What is the distance across the concrete gutter and the distance from the low point to high point.
Better Yet, there’s bound to be some Lucids around you in CA. I’d be surprised if there isn’t looking for a reason to drive their Lucid somewhere….. like to check gutter clearance.

For those who are using this thread to get basic information about switching to Lucid, I want to clarify that the doors do unlock and the handles extend when you approach the car, although the doors do not physically open (as a Model X door would). Also, the app allows you to turn on the climate control remotely and adjust the temperature, but does not yet include the seat warmers or the steering wheel warmer.
Well they sometimes extend when approaching the car…

Well they sometimes extend when approaching the car…
I don't know how the car figures out when to extend the handles. Mine always extend when I approach the car with the exception of first thing in the morning. It seems like the car is in a deep sleep or something. That is the only time I have to push in the handle to open it.

I don't know how the car figures out when to extend the handles. Mine always extend when I approach the car with the exception of first thing in the morning. It seems like the car is in a deep sleep or something. That is the only time I have to push in the handle to open it.

So if the car is unlocked the handles are extended?

One of the things that annoyed me about the Model S was the door handles. They used to break all the time and I hated having to unlock the car to get into it while in the garage.

After a couple years Tesla added the ability to keep the car unlocked while at home. That was perfect. I am sure Lucid will add this option eventually.

So if the car is unlocked the handles are extended?
Yes., and side mirrors are unfolded. Once in a while, if the car is in a deep sleep, I have to push in the door handle to get the car to unlock. It just takes a second. FWIW we use the fob exclusively so that the car does not develop profile confusion between my phone and my wife's.

Yes., and side mirrors are unfolded. Once in a while, if the car is in a deep sleep, I have to push in the door handle to get the car to unlock (I use the fob exclusively). It just takes a second.
Thanks

if it goes into “deep sleep” it will retract the door handles?

If I move the fob/phone into the house (out of range of the car) it will lock?

if it goes into “deep sleep” it will retract the door handles?
If I move the fob/phone into the house (out of range of the car) it will lock?
The car retracts the door handles any time it's locked. I haven't checked lately if it can sleep without locking.
There are dash settings to enable auto lock and separately enable auto unlock with key proximity. It doesn't matter if the key is a phone or the fob, they work the same.

If your car is parked close to the fob or your phone, it may not lock and go to sleep (e.g. if your phone/fob overnight location is above or adjacent to the garage). I keep our fobs in small faraday pouches as we store them just inside the garage's entry to the house, and the car sleeps on the other side of that door.

The car retracts the door handles any time it's locked. I haven't checked lately if it can sleep without locking.
There are dash settings to enable auto lock and separately enable auto unlock with key proximity. It doesn't matter if the key is a phone or the fob, they work the same.

If your car is parked close to the fob or your phone, it may not lock and go to sleep (e.g. if your phone/fob overnight location is above or adjacent to the garage). I keep our fobs in small faraday pouches as we store them just inside the garage's entry to the house, and the car sleeps on the other side of that door.
Great info, thanks.

I used the same trick with our first Model S. But my Faraday pouch was an old cookie tin. If you left the key fob visible to the car they would constantly ping each other and drain the fob battery in a few days.

...I used the same trick with our first Model S. But my Faraday pouch was an old cookie tin. If you left the key fob visible to the car they would constantly ping each other and drain the fob battery in a few days.
Some have reported the same with the Air's fob. The Faraday pouches I bought are small and inexpensive. They work great. On long trips, where both my wife and I carry our fobs, we keep the inactive one in the pouch. It still fits easily into a pocket or purse.

Back