Want to purchase concerned about viability

Since we're straying a bit ... I was an early-adopter because the weather forecast for this planet does not look so hot (ironic poetic license).
I have kids, and grandkids. Looks like they will see the end/ending of human civilization, and it's all my fault. Also, I worked on developing a cheap source of lithium, did work on lithium battery chemistry, sent hundreds of samples all over world, and worked on the foil impurities and dendrite problem.
PXL_20221003_221236180.jpg

So I had skin in the game. Nobody, nothing, was going to stop me from buying the Lucid. I am an EVangelical.

Soon there will be enough Lucids in the wild that people like the OP can get a proper ride / test drive. I'd love to do this. Some way to let the general public know we are having a gathering so they can come and see / feel / drive the cars? Agree with Deane ... a showroom test drive is not nearly enough.

Everyone has a different risk quotient. There is some risk in purchasing a vehicle from a new company but there is also some risk in purchasing a car from an established company: Studebaker, Plymouth, etc. Each of us must determine which risks cause angst and which are manageable to the individual.

When Saab ceased to exist, other dealers took on the responsibility of stocking replacement parts, etc. But, when it failed, it was part of GM (which also probably explains why it failed) and Lucid is not part of any existing car company,

This post, to here, demonstrates to me the validity of what I am saying. Some think the OP makes sense, some think it is not a real fear, etc. Only the OP can make that determination for herself.
True, my community for example is more "conservative" and most people I try to convince give the same reason: that Lucid might go bankrupt. Some of this is further exacerbated by such nonsense from people like you-know-who.

... it was part of GM (which also probably explains why it failed ...
Also, this is savage and sadly true 🤣

I am looking to purchase my first EV. I really love the luxury of Lucid, but I am concerned about its long term viability. This is nothing against Lucid. I just feel this way about any start up company.
As I like to actually purchase rather than lease my cars, I need to know that the warranty is supported by a company that will be there when I need them. Even if you get past the warranty issue, how do you get comfortable knowing that replacement parts will be available when needed?

I really don't want to purchase a TESLA. But I am really wondering how are people getting comfortable with the aforementioned risks?

There's no guarantee in life. Even among the Big Three: GM and Chrysler already went through bankruptcies.

Lucid is a quality product so even if it will not make it in the future, I think there are many informed customers who will keep the company going for many years to come.

That means I believe Lucid will still be around long after your warranty runs out, so there's no fear about extinct replacement parts for the foreseeable future.

Anyone see the Matt Damon scene in Syriana (he's financial consultant for House of Saud) where he's arguing with them , loses his temper, and says something like:
" ... what do I think? I think a hundred years ago you were living in the desert in tents and cutting peoples heads off, and in a hundred years, when the oil runs out, you'll be back living in tents cutting people's heads off."

They heard it. Saudi's are heavily invested in nuclear, solar, and now heavily invested in Lucid. Imagine Saudi Arabia as a major EV producer ?

I had these same concerns when I bought the first of our Teslas 9 years ago.

As others have said, Lucid’s IP is very valuable and, worse case, someone would buy up the company just for that. Someone who is far behind in EV‘s - like Honda, for example.
Saudis won’t sell, they want EV manufacturing in Saudi Arabia, that’s why they are holding majority stake. No takeover possibility.

Back