Wind noise

There is a TSB on model year 2024 as well? Why would they continue to manufacture cars with this issue being known without a fix?
I only know about TSBs available for my model year, 2022.

There is a TSB on model year 2024 as well? Why would they continue to manufacture cars with this issue being known without a fix?
Because it doesn't affect most cars, and it takes time to obtain new parts once the problem has been diagnosed and the required parts designed. It's not the kind of issue you bring down a production line for.

I also have wind noise, coming at the top of the front door windows on both sides. My brother and I noticed this as we were driving home after pickup in Denver in February. We could also feel the cold air on our fingers while driving at highway speeds. I reported it to service, and they showed up in July and took them out for a ride. They mentioned hearing turbulance from the outside mirror maybe, but as hot as it was, no sense of feeling the cold air. They checked the window seals and found nothing, but I will report it again on the next visit.

I also have wind noise, coming at the top of the front door windows on both sides. My brother and I noticed this as we were driving home after pickup in Denver in February. We could also feel the cold air on our fingers while driving at highway speeds. I reported it to service, and they showed up in July and took them out for a ride. They mentioned hearing turbulance from the outside mirror maybe, but as hot as it was, no sense of feeling the cold air. They checked the window seals and found nothing, but I will report it again on the next visit.
I had a GT loaner for almost a week and I noticed wind noise all the time from the drivers side window while it was up which I never do on my Touring

I’ve had the mobile tech look at my drivers window twice. It is loud. So much so that my wife commented about it from the passenger side. They can find nothing wrong. I was wondering if it was just because I am used to driving German cars. It’s so annoying it has me second guessing the Gravity.

I’ve had the mobile tech look at my drivers window twice. It is loud. So much so that my wife commented about it from the passenger side. They can find nothing wrong. I was wondering if it was just because I am used to driving German cars. It’s so annoying it has me second guessing the Gravity.
Same thoughts as me...loud wind noise and last two cars were German where there was none of these issues ever ..but I still love my car...

Does anyone hear lot of wind noise when driving above 40-50 mph ?
Yes I do hear the same noise. First, I want to recognize that Lucid service folks are A+. They are trying to fix this issue. I respect Lucid’s sincere attempt to resolve my concern. Lucid customer service is the best I’ve ever experienced. However, I’m starting to think this is a defective design based on my own experience and this forum. The Lucid loaner I’ve been given to use (while mine is in to address the problem) has the same wind noise issue at 45 mph ! I’m trying to reconcile my feelings about this by acknowledging all of us are essentially early adopters and should know things are not going to be perfect. That said, I’m really sad to say that I couldn’t lease a Lucid again unless the problem is totally resolved. A fantastic vehicle in so so many driving dimensions but for the constant wind noise.

My problem is I can’t reproduce the wind noise each and every time I drive. Sometimes I hear the sound of rushing air from the upper part of the driver’s door frame, sometimes I don’t. It’s maddening because when I make up my mind to call Lucid Customer Care to make an appointment, the wind noise as well as every other noise, goes away.

If my Tesla ownership experience is anything to go by, I know for sure when I will be able to reproduce the wind noise, and the creaking coming from my driver’s door - when my car falls out of warranty.

I think we can all agree "Loud" wind noise is very subjective.

My car is not tomb quiet, but what little wind noise I get "at speed" is acceptable to me.

It may not be completely subjective because I think there is likely variability in wind noise depending on the specific car. Many people do not report any significant noise while others ( like me ) have noticed it quite often.
I think the number of individuals who do notice it is probably significant .

It’s not that big of a deal for me, but I do get irked from time to time.

Just remember, there is a TSB for wind noise due to door seals. Parts for the TSB, are to my knowledge, not yet available, so just a little more patience is required for this fix. =)

Just remember, there is a TSB for wind noise due to door seals. Parts for the TSB, are to my knowledge, not yet available, so just a little more patience is required for this fix. =)
For what model years is the TSB? 2022 and 20223? Or 2022 to 2024? Does the current year model 2024 have the good seals?

For what model years is the TSB? 2022 and 20223? Or 2022 to 2024? Does the current year model 2024 have the good seals?
I still don't know 🤣

The interior of my car (Dream P 21") and my friend's Touring (20" wheels) both measured between 70-75 dB-A on a local (85) concrete freeway. My wife's GV60 measured 65-68 dB-A on the same portion of the freeway. All three cars are quieter on asphalt roads.

The interior of my car (Dream P 21") and my friend's Touring (20" wheels) both measured between 70-75 dB-A on a local (85) concrete freeway. My wife's GV60 measured 65-68 dB-A on the same portion of the freeway. All three cars are quieter on asphalt roads.
This shows the two Airs are consistent.

I'm pretty sure they have it, but too bad Lucid doesn't make the spec and test method publicly available.

It may not be completely subjective because I think there is likely variability in wind noise depending on the specific car. Many people do not report any significant noise while others ( like me ) have noticed it quite often.
I think the number of individuals who do notice it is probably significant .

It’s not that big of a deal for me, but I do get irked from time to time.
Of course, I agree there are measurable SPL differences between cars. I meant subjective between different people evaluating the car to determine if there is excessive wind noise.

The OP will always rightfully believe his car has excessive wind noise and the only way to prove it it to take measurements and show him how it compares to the spec. Sure, the techs at he service center probably have a pretty good idea from evaluating a larger number of cars, but the OP will always feel he's right without being shown the facts. At least this is how I'd also feel if I were the OP. (My engineering side) ;)

I'd like to know more about this. I have similar exterior noise / cold air issues at highway speeds - not so much as to meaningfully detract from the enjoyment of a wonderful vehicle, but it's noticeable. Service were (earlier this week) unable to find / reproduce, but the (glass roof) Touring loaner I had was noticeably quieter in a variety of circumstances.

To be fair to the chaps at Tysons they offered to keep looking into it, but I opted to take the car back and schedule further investigation at a more convenient time.

Back