Wind noise

Thank you Bobby..I'm trying to understand this a bit better. What does 'drilling edge of driver door' mean? Where is this striker? How do I move this striker? Sounds like this is about a screw not threaded in properly and I have no issues with working on it but please help me understand what to do exactly..I'll owe you a beer case if you can help me fix the only real issue I have with my lucid! Thanks again...
Sorry, I dictated that one and did not read it over carefully enough. I meant the trailing edge.

Sorry, I dictated that one and did not read it over carefully enough. I meant the trailing edge.
Ok trailing edge ..got it..no problem. Now, what is the striker and how do I adjust it?

Ok learned about door catches today... now how do I move this sucker in?

Ok learned about door catches today... now how do I move this sucker in?
Does your door sit a little bit out at the trailing edge in comparison to the forward edge of the rear door? If it does, try loosening that striker and moving the door in to compensate. Perhaps the additional pressure on the seal will help.

While I don't think it sat outside what id consider flush..I loosened the striker, closed the door, pushed in on the closed door to see if it goes in any further and it didn't...so I tightened the striker as best I could while moving it closer inside towards the car. Not sure I made a big difference but I shall see tomorrow while driving to work.

Does anyone hear lot of wind noise when driving above 40-50 mph ?
There are some black strip of foam looking material in the door right around glass seal that kind of starts coming out. I was about to snip them with scissor as it was looking a little ugly (you can see it) and had a mobile mechanic come home for fixing soft door close and pilot panel retraction mechanism. He told me immediately that this foam material is crucial to block wind noise.

Just in case you removed it or cut it or it just fell off calling them would solve the issue. They would redo it under warranty. At least that’s what the mechanic told me and he fixed on both front doors.

I was also experiencing some wind noise but now it has just gone back to quiet.

There are some black strip of foam looking material in the door right around glass seal that kind of starts coming out. I was about to snip them with scissor as it was looking a little ugly (you can see it) and had a mobile mechanic come home for fixing soft door close and pilot panel retraction mechanism. He told me immediately that this foam material is crucial to block wind noise.

Just in case you removed it or cut it or it just fell off calling them would solve the issue. They would redo it under warranty. At least that’s what the mechanic told me and he fixed on both front doors.

I was also experiencing some wind noise but now it has just gone back to quiet.
I did cut that material off a few months ago! It became a squiggly little three that seemed like it had gotten squeezed out .. I've had an email now sitting with the service center for over 10 days but no response. I'll call them tomorrow to look into this.

Yesterday, out of nowhere, my left rear passenger window/door started getting noisy. I can't see anything amiss, but it's a big enough change that I would have expected to see something different.

FWIW, I finally had a chance to drive a GT in Germany and it was easy to compare the noise levels with the BMW IX.
First off, BMW does a great job insulating their cars. I noticed the Lucid having a pronounced motor whine at low speeds while the BMW is silent. Both cars have similar window seals and frameless window designs.
Besides the whine, the Lucid was still a quiet car. We drove the car on the Autobahn for an extended period of time, mostly at 120-130mph but also quite a bit at 150-170mph (top speed is a touch above 270km/h). Car is super stable, very controllable at speed. Car had the 21" wheels with Pirellis. A fun car to drive.

I should mention that the German cars have no demo mode all offer the full power sprint mode.

Then we drove the BMW to its top speed, which is limited to 125mph (200km/h).
When it came to wind noise, there was a light wind noise on the Lucid drivers front door but it was neither intrusive or bothersome. The BMW was initially quieter but the wind noise (and tire noise - 20" Goodyear EV tires) became significantly louder at speed about equal at 80 miles and much worse over 100mph.

The Lucid was the quieter car to drive at speed and the whine only noticeable at city driving. It's a bit annoying but easy to ignore. The Lucid rep mentions that this is a common comment but then most Germans drive Diesels which are much louder anyways.

I like the software layout/design but recognize that it's pretty rough vs the BMW iDrive software.BMW also uses better system sounds than Lucid. I could appreciate a quieter turn signal or if not, at least a better sound clip.

Couple other items:
The center screen was laggy and the rep did a software reboot. I thought I had read of a different method but the way he did it was by turning on the left turn light, exit the car and lock it with the card. The software was reset once the turn light turned off. Nothing else.
The speed limit recognition sucks vs other German cars. It often read conditional speed limits as the one to use (during night or rain) or doesn't update as needed. This can cause speeding tickets or issues with other drivers.

Overall I find the car a compelling performance car that will improve with every software update. In regards to the wind noise, we have had plenty of cars that have the same issue (BMW, Mercedes) and if a future seal replacement will fix this I wouldn't fret it. A Mercedes dealer will tell you that it's normal ;)

Back