• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Why So Many Negative Forum Posts? I've Been a Very Happy Customer.

I did ask about Costa Mesa doing a mobile annual service and they said it’s currently not available. Great points on workload so that may adjust.
Good to know. Was hoping to they would have the service center in San Diego ready by the time I made it to the 12k service visit, but I guess that won’t happen.

Again, this has been just a joy of a car to drive. The software has improved after the 2.0 versions and now with scheduled charging, everything just keeps getting better. The software will continue to mature. What you can’t change is the hardware and this car is top notch. Why not a Tesla or one of the luxury sedans? Range, range and range for my trips! And comfort, style, luxury, ease of controls. It’s is minimalist but the frequent Controls still have tactile buttons for muscle memory and not buried behind layers of touchscreen menses. This car is a Driving machine! It is one of the best cars I have owned in any category, and the best overall. My question to others is why would you choose anything else unless it was needing a SUV for passengers/ more cargo or the purchase is purely cost driven? If you are getting a sedan, this is the one to own.

Pleased to add my two bits worth to such a positive thread:

A GT with 19” wheel option, delivered in Seattle last June. Now at 17,287 miles back in Seattle getting a front wrap.
As an early build have had issues and interesting trips of ‘adventure’. First to Denver without a functioning Navigator. But CC was most helpful in leading us by the hand to ‘just in time’ changers. Then a cross country trip to Michigan trusting the GT’s range to get us to whatever charging stations lay ahead. Our longest reach was from Tomah Wisconsin to Gaylord Michigan, 465 miles and pulled in to EA chargers with indicated 65 remaining range.

Bottom line is that’s been a fun adventure and now itching for the next one - considering Florida this month.

We’ve been Subaru fans since our first 2011 Forester and currently have an Ascent. Yesterday we drove both GT (me) and Ascent (wife) over to Seattle to get GT front wrap. I drove the Ascent back and immediately the contrast was incredible. Horrible throttle response compared to Lucid. Noisy in comparison, steering clumsily with crude lane assist, seat discomfort by comparison, poor ride quality, etc. This transition directly from the GT to the Ascent was a unique eye opener as to why we love the Lucid and itching to get another adventure trip underway.

And oh yes the Software updates have been a step by step upgrade to what has been an incredible machine albeit with early issues, enhancing the Lucid experience with each step.

Gonna need a lift
Just to close the loop on this, per Richard H., Lucid Service Manager located in PA, mobile techs can perform the annual service and a lift is not needed.

My intent with this posting initially was just to provide some balance and show prospective buyers that many (most) owners are very satisfied with their car. The response has in fact exceeded my expectations and I am very happy to see so many owners who have not previously been very active on the forum responding. There are some owners who unfortunately have experienced problems but as this post hopefully indicates, there are substantially more who have been very pleased with their ownership experience. Further, I feel it is safe to say that the vast majority of the problems encountered thus far have been fully addressed by Lucid after sales service and support.
I must admit I love this thread because I almost chickened out after reading some of the forum stories of issues with the Air. The messages about those who LOVED driving their car held me tight! Picked up my Black Touring on Feb 17 at Goose Island and was grinning the whole way back to Kentucky. So far the worst experience I have had was a 10 second delay in loading the top down 3d camera. That's it. If this car continues to be this good it shames my old Mercedes S, BMW 7, Audi Q7, Lexus LS, but for some reason I can't say anything was better than my old Saab Turbos from the early 80's. First love.

I guess it is the nature of auto forums that negative postings seem to dominate. I for one am very happy with my Lucid. I'm coming up on 9000 miles and every time I get into the car it makes me smile and I just enjoy the driving experience. I'm aware there are many of us who feel the same way and I'm wondering if there is a way to also identify those who are generally happy with their cars?? Maybe if those who feel as I do can post a brief reply to this posting, then perhaps individuals who come to this forum for information won't leave with an overly negative opinion of the car? Not trying to create a "fanboy" atmosphere but just trying to establish some offset to the overly negative tone of this forum.
I love our Lucid Air GT as well. There have been some growing pains these past few months but this is the best car we’ve ever had. The price point is what it is but the charging range you get with the vehicle puts all the other existing EV alternatives to shame. It’s not even close.

8 months and nearly 9000 miles into ownership of my AGT, I still get excited driving the car. I've had some early trim repairs and software issues that most have experienced but still feel it's by far the best car I have owned. I have been very pleasantly surprised by the efficiency as well and have driven it on a couple 250 mile road trips without any issues.

8 months and nearly 9000 miles into ownership of my AGT, I still get excited driving the car. I've had some early trim repairs and software issues that most have experienced but still feel it's by far the best car I have owned. I have been very pleasantly surprised by the efficiency as well and have driven it on a couple 250 mile road trips without any issues.
Very nice to see all these new owners posting their comments.

I previously drove an Audi A6 for 8 years (great car) and after ordering my Lucid Touring, I purchased a refreshed Tesla Model S to experience EV ownership while waiting the 1 year for the Lucid to arrive. I'm glad I did as it gave me perspective on how it compares to a similarly priced EV (much better ride, interior controls, wipers, build quality, etc.). Aside from the EV comparison, I continue to be impressed by what a great all-around great car it is. I had a few minor trim issues at delivery, but none since and no annoying rattles or loose parts. Everyone knows it rides well, but it's also much easier to drive smoothly than other cars I've owned...Lucid's done a great job of programming the software to allow for a very linear acceleration in Smooth mode and providing the right amount of feedback to the driver while on the road through steering and suspension. I've had a couple of software glitches early on (rear backup camera not coming up, etc.) but once I learned to always do a soft reset after an update is installed I haven't had any similar issues. What a great car.

Speaking of positive things about the car, has anyone noticed a significant improvement in software stability since 2.055? I haven’t had many software issues in general, but I’ve literally had zero since 2.055. No problems with backup camera lag, no problems with audio, absolutely nothing.

I actually did have an issue with the audio player (Tidal app, actually, I guess) not updating the progress bar or properly displaying the "shuffle" status when clicked (again, a screen update issue). A Bobby reset fixed it for now. I had never experienced that before .55 but that doesn't mean it wasn't possible before then.

I have owned my GT for 7 months and 5k miles. I live onLong Island New York and have rarely seen another GT. I absolutely love the car. I stopped reading the blogs because of all the negativity. I thought i was in the minority loving the car. Thank you for starting this thread. I wish Lucid would advertise the car and show us, the happy owners.

I have owned my GT for 7 months and 5k miles. I live onLong Island New York and have rarely seen another GT. I absolutely love the car. I stopped reading the blogs because of all the negativity. I thought i was in the minority loving the car. Thank you for starting this thread. I wish Lucid would advertise the car and show us, the happy owners.
You are welcome and thank you for your post.

my Maserati quattroporte. (I still miss the sound 😊).
Maserati knows owners will put up with ownership because Italians love music; 50% of Maserati engineering is the tuned exhaust note.
I thought I would keep that Porsche for at least 10 years
I was so certain I'd keep the E63s wagon for a decade or more I did the stupid thing and bought a 10 year warranty ... nope. Lucid ruined that plan.
No issues of any kind since the .55 OTA.
I've never had a software issue (Sept. 2022 build). I"m kinda pissed that people keep posting: " minor software issues " .
That is history. Get over it, people. Be here, now.
So, an Audi dealership near me had a white dream edition. It’s been sitting there for a while now. I’ve been extremely tempted to not jokingly ask if they’d want to trade for my AGT 😂. I wish I splurged a bit.
I got on the Dream waiting list too late. Never occurred to me that I could get one at a discount. I may do this. (.. wish Lucid made a wagon....sigh).

Bobby I'm amazed you gave up a convertible and live in convertible town. amazed. I deeply miss my classic R129 v12 ....but a car that sexy needs to have many many lovers. It was time to let it go.
mysl600.jpg

I gave up this classic beauty for a Lucid. That's how good Lucid is.

My son in Chicago sent me his 328 so he could get a Miata...he drives to work with the roof off. Like, today. Chip off the block. Today he sent me a photo of his first mods; outside mirror covers (black) and a lip spoiler (also black ... car is the correct color for a Miata. I don't know how to get the photo he sent off my phone and on here)..

Today I got my first performance mods for the Lucid GT. I sent him this as my reply:
PXL_20230303_202553918.jpg

If anyone lurking is reading this: just do it. be happy now.

Last edited:
I love my LUCI :) (she's the daughter in my family), enjoy the eye brow raised attention (of course she's a beauty - runs in the family), makes me smile too - but when that piece of metal liner on the edge of the trunk pops out like someone didn't put enough super glue - makes me wonder how much did I just folk out for a vehicle with things coming off and one that was delivered with a nik.

We have to share the negatives so Luci can be perfected - Hope there's someone from Lucid Motors reading this...

Got my Touring 2 months ago. 2500 miles in and I love it. Daily commutes are far less stressful with Highway Assist. Reading this forum prior to and after delivery helped me maximize my enjoyment and reminded me that early adopters need to have some patience with the software bugs. Never driven anything more enjoyable.

Wait, you got an AGT as a LOANER????????????

That will never happen for those of us that live an overnight trip from the closest Service Center, for whatever reason the car needs service. On the plus side though, maybe the mobile service guys can do these annual checks. Anyone know what is involved in the annual service visit and if the car has to go to a Service Center to complete said service? I had not thought about it up until this, but the mobile guys are now going to have this piled on top of their current workload in an ever-increasing amount.

This may lead to another question, but better post another separate thread regarding that.
Its hopeful thinking for me to consider a pure as a loaner lol

I just did my 1st long distance drive from Fremont, CA to calabasas CA.
Starred with 96% and drove on 680 to 101 south.
Used highway assist at 72 mph on 101.
After 172 miles I stopped at EA Paso Robles in 2hrs 45 min at 46% 3.7 miles per KWh and in 48 minutes charged to 96% 53.6kWh on air pure awd ddp ssp while having lunch and a short walk. It was 55F ambient and sunny. Heat 64F heated seat and steering made it very comfortable.

Drove to calabasas 202 miles non stop and arrived with 40% soc 152 mile range. The range estimate was 36% but I did 40% 3.8 miles per KWh 70mph highway assist.

Then drove to Pasadena on 101 south to 134 east to 210 east 36 miles in 58 minutes with hughway assist 95% of the time. 4.1miles per KWh and arrived with 113 mile range estimate.

It was a totally relaxing experience.

The range estimate was excellent.

What is not to like?

I guess it is the nature of auto forums that negative postings seem to dominate. I for one am very happy with my Lucid. I'm coming up on 9000 miles and every time I get into the car it makes me smile and I just enjoy the driving experience. I'm aware there are many of us who feel the same way and I'm wondering if there is a way to also identify those who are generally happy with their cars?? Maybe if those who feel as I do can post a brief reply to this posting, then perhaps individuals who come to this forum for information won't leave with an overly negative opinion of the car? Not trying to create a "fanboy" atmosphere but just trying to establish some offset to the overly negative tone of this forum.
I love my Lucid Air Touring. It's Cosmos Silver with the bear logo and a Mojave interior. I smile every time I see it. My only regret is not splurging for the Dream edition.

Ten months and 15,000 miles on my Air GT and even after some serious teething issues I still have no regrets. I’m coming from a background of restoring cars since I was 15 and driving high performance cars ( mostly German) since I was 20. From a design standpoint Lucid has carved their own path, reinventing the three box sedan by stretching the cabin towards both axles to give the passengers a wonderful airy space, complimented by luxurious materials and textiles with some not traditionally found in auto interiors. Add to that a cornucopia of creature comforts and a surplus of seamless power and you have a winning formula.
Has it been perfect? For me finding out that the 21 inch rims and New Yorks third world infrastructure do not mix well was a definite drag. I also had a battery replacement at13k. The original software? Enough said. Would I do it over again ? in a heartbeat. For me I think buying from a new company with a clean sheet of paper design philosophy will have its challenges but the benefits far exceed the negatives. This must be how the buyers felt buying the Tucker in 1948, but sadly that company was far too underfunded to continue past 51 cars. I only hope Lucid can keep building brand recognition and fix some of its birthing pains to become a major player in the EV universe. I can’t wait to see what lucid model I’ll trade up to in 4 years.

Back