Why So Many Negative Forum Posts? I've Been a Very Happy Customer.

Love the car and enjoy driving it immensely.

Wish communication was better in many respects.
Seriously worried about access to service here in the southeast based on many factors.

Life is not all rainbows and butterflies, nor is perfection a valid expectation. Just because a customer may have concerns does not necessarily mean he is not a happy customer. If I was, I would not be taking time out of my day and meeting potential customers, upon request here via DM, at the local shopping mall to show them my car. This kind of access is a must for potential buyers in my area as the closest Service and/or Center is an overnight trip away.

I guess it is the nature of auto forums that negative postings seem to dominate. I for one am very happy with my Lucid. I'm coming up on 9000 miles and every time I get into the car it makes me smile and I just enjoy the driving experience. I'm aware there are many of us who feel the same way and I'm wondering if there is a way to also identify those who are generally happy with their cars?? Maybe if those who feel as I do can post a brief reply to this posting, then perhaps individuals who come to this forum for information won't leave with an overly negative opinion of the car? Not trying to create a "fanboy" atmosphere but just trying to establish some offset to the overly negative tone of this forum.
I am 15,000 miles in. Love my Lucid Air GT. Would buy it again. Extremely reliable. Only took it back once in that time for a sticky frunk which they fixed by replacing latches. Almost all of the early software issues have been fixed. Enjoying the free SiriusXM beta which is also getting better and better. Highway Assist was always great but seems to be even better with the last few updates.

Never need the key fob anymore because the iPhone key works all the time now.

In fact, my Lucid Air has needed the least service visits during the first 15,000 miles of any car I have owned which includes multiple Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Cadillac, Corvette, Porsche… I have a Tesla 3 that is also reliable.

I absolutely love driving the Air. Endless power and seating for 5 with two trunks and tons of range. It’s an amazing car. Quiet. Balanced. Love driving it both around town and on the highway.

So the complainers will complain. Barron’s airports will only quote complaints because bad news sells.

I‘ve had my LGT for 8 months now, close to 5,000 miles from short trips and doing fun things. I love the car and it is far and away the nicest car I have ever owned. My initial complaints have been mostly about the clunky software, which has since improved in may ways. I LOVE the car and would buy it again today, BUT it has had some issues which have been quite serious resulting complete shutdowns, or “bricking” twice. The first time it bricked on me was on the highway in a very dangerous area and had to be towed back. I was very lucky to be within 200 yards of a place to pull over(and then past that, I would have been on a mile long bridge with no safety lane). It took 4 hours to get a tow truck and a ride, then two weeks to repair. Lucid paid for everything and they were very helpful, but it was a while before I could trust being in the car without looking for safe places to turn off. Turns out it was a broken relay inside the battery pack and they had to fly up (to Seattle) some engineers to figure it out and fix it. Second time was because part of the plastic housing/rubber gasket around the trunk was loose or cracked and water was slowly leaking down under the trunk. Once moisture was detected in the battery area, the car just stopped and once again I had to work out a tow and transportation which, again, Lucid was very helpful with everything.

I have not gone onto the forum to talk about these issues because, as scary and negative as it could be, we are all by choice “walking beta test consumers”. A big part of me is willing to put up with some level of frustration to be a part of this experience. Lucid has been very good about fixing each issue quickly and in as convenient way for me as the owner/driver as possible.

I agree that it is too easy be negative in online forums. New car companies come and go all the time- I think this one is here to stay and I’m still happy to be a part of it.

I too love my Air! 2900 miles and 4 months. Most fun (on road) driving I've ever had. I'm very thankful I had the opportunity and means to purchase it. I still get all tingly when I open the garage and see it. Oh wait that's my foot fell asleep. All this talk about how cool it is... I'm gonna go drive it now for absolutely no practical reason.

I guess it is the nature of auto forums that negative postings seem to dominate. I for one am very happy with my Lucid. I'm coming up on 9000 miles and every time I get into the car it makes me smile and I just enjoy the driving experience. I'm aware there are many of us who feel the same way and I'm wondering if there is a way to also identify those who are generally happy with their cars?? Maybe if those who feel as I do can post a brief reply to this posting, then perhaps individuals who come to this forum for information won't leave with an overly negative opinion of the car? Not trying to create a "fanboy" atmosphere but just trying to establish some offset to the overly negative tone of this forum.

I think that there are a lot of posts about owner's "reality" that you can think of as negative but if you have had major issues then you may not be a happy customer.

My DE is over a year old and I have around 11K miles. I love driving the car but have to say that still not having production quality software puts a damper on my enthusiasm. I know that you all are surprised that I would still complain about the software! :cool:

I had some initial mechanical issues, frunk jamming and auto close door failure plus a few pieces of gasket material coming lose but no major issues. Having heard of some of the drive-line and HV battery failures does make me nervous taking long trips but that just me. I also feel that Lucid could me more transparent as to what the cause is of some of these catastrophic failures.

I still have my car and hope that Lucid does prosper. I have been a forum member for over a year now and I think that the majority of posts are balanced. Yes, there are some very negative members and some fanboys with blinders on but not that many.

Just my humble opinion as always.

10 months ownership
7000 miles
I don’t get to drive as much due to traveling schedule and household of round robin vehicles. This is one of 2 of my all time favorite cars. I love AGT for agility and going to places. I love the way AGT drives more than any other car I’ve ever driven (plenty). Therefore I can overlook software UX needed improvements. Granted, the highlight of Lucid ownership was UX20. I haven’t used physical fob for almost half year, my iPhone fob is just very convenient. I believe Lucid can keep improving software features, and that is what this kind of EV is all about. But Lucid, please don’t break what’s alreasy working! 😂
I dislike hearing Lucid turtle/software joke at Rivian Service Center. it’s just so lame. When I drove AGT to tag along friend to Tesla Service Center, when Tesla guys asked me “Why Lucid? Why not Tesla?!” My reply, “I’m a risk taker, I want adventure with non-Tesla! Tesla is too plain vanilla for me.”

Could not be happier with my decision to get my Touring. My journey with Lucid very quickly went from "What else is out there besides Tesla?" to finding Lucid existed, to reserving, to joining this forum, to getting my car and falling in love with it in what seems like a whirlwind of a year. The best part has been meeting all of you and sharing the joy (and sometimes frustrations) together. I feel like I'm part of a larger family here, and I am very grateful for that.

And it could not have come at a better time, as Twitter devolved into a total cesspool and I was looking for somewhere I could spend my online time more constructively.

And it really is true; I look daily for excuses to drive my car. Volunteering to take people to the airport. Running errands. Going to cafes in nearby suburbs—just to get a few more minutes on the open road. The car is a sheer joy to drive. And it's only getting better the longer I have it.

Love love love my Touring. Zero regrets. I've had it for 2 and a half months and am always looking for an excuse to drive it. I actually WANT to go on road trips and get out on the highway which is completely new as I generally detest highway driving. With my Air I arrive much less fatigued thanks to Highway Assist, quite comfortable ride and seating comfort. I have had a few software hiccups along the way but nothing major and it self resolves with a reboot or Bobby reset. I only wish they had a full line of vehicles now so I could buy them all haha.

I've owned my car for about five months, and have a little under 2,000 miles on it. Only experienced a camera not loading once or twice, and minor annoyances with XM & Tidal. Customer service has been excellent on the two occasions I've had to have the car there (no defect on Lucid's part, nor mine actually-don't let your spouses drive your car!) I can't speak to any charging issues as I only charge at home and that's been easy and convenient. I absolutely LOVE driving this car, still get excited when I head out to the garage and see it, and love catching all of the people that check it out while on the road or in a parking lot!

I would recommend this car to anyone who could afford it, and know that they are buying from a new company and still working through bugs and kinks. Although, just in the last 24 hours, two long standing well known car companies have had major recalls, so defects and bugs will happen with any manufacturer. This car and Lucid are special, and I believe that's why we all purchased when we did, knowing that we were part of the innovation. Besides, who doesn't like to have something this beautiful that not many others do?

Last edited:
2 months and close to 2k miles. I was seriously worried I'm wasting money since I don't even really like to drive. It turns out it's the road noise, uncomfortable seats, and paying for gas from my previous car that I don't like.

Minor issues so far but they seem to have fixed themselves. Oh windshield and rain has been my biggest complaint but got better after I applied some coating. There was also a warm day and it got hot inside. I hope I dont have to get tinting for summer weather.

I did a DIY ceramic coating. Keeps the car easy to clean. Haven't needed a real car wash. A rainy day, leaf blower, and microfiber tower wipe has been enough to keep the car looking new.

About 9k miles since early March 2022 delivery! Love this thing! Sure, some little things or annoyances but never an issue that prevented me from driving this amazing machine! Great service team at the Scottsdale SC too.
We also have a 2023 Genesis Electrified G80 and when people ask which one I prefer I answer "If I only owed the G80 I would think it's pretty amazing until I get in the Air and drive. Driving dynamics are just a blow you away feeling. FYI.. the G80 is an excellent ride too.

We doubled the miles on our Air GT last week with a long road trip. Very pleased with the way the car drove - the car behaved perfectly, including software. It's such a comfortable, beautiful vehicle. We did have problems charging at a few of the Electrify America locations, but expected this and dealt with it. I'm expecting the public charging situation will improve greatly over the next couple years.

AGT, 4,500 miles. Echoing the sentiments of this self-selected group- best car (by far) that i've ever owned. It's pretty close to ideal, really- power, handling, comfort, panache, and the not-to-be-ignored coolness factor. It's not perfect- not sure any car is- but it's pretty close. I was leery of how it would handle the winter, but aside from expected range decreases due to the cold, with snow tires it's a great mountain car. We did have some service glitches early on, but we knew that we were taking a chance on a new company, and the downsides pale in comparison to the just plain greatness that this car represents. Looking forward to the Gravity, so I can have something to haul the dogs around.

Only two months and 1,500 miles, but I love my Touring. Tiny issues but far outweighed by the driving enjoyment. Would happily recommend the car to anyone interested in an EV.

Pete

14,000 miles on mine, 5 road trips on the car in 10 months of ownership. The lone event which “stranded” me wasn’t really a stranding but more an inconvenience that delayed me getting home by a couple hours, which I don’t entirely blame Lucid for. I was shocked by how quick and competent Lucid service was. And they’ve continued to be quick and super responsive. I also need my frunk latches replaced like @AZLucidGuy but all that means is I’m not opening the frunk until Lucid fixes it, and they actually wanted to take the car tomorrow to fix it, but I need it until Saturday so I’m actually asking them to delay service. I have a nightmarish schedule and anytime I’ve changed appointment times or asked for the car back by a certain time they have delivered every time without issue.

Here’s the other thing, which I hope informs expectations. It is not possible to have version 1 of any car, especially from a brand new manufacturer, be 100% trouble free. But I think we should all remind ourselves that we did not assume we were getting a trouble free car, and if we did or thought that somehow because it’s a six figure car that entitles us to less trouble, well that’s on us for deluding ourselves. I’ve been fortunate enough to have a few illuminating conversations with some of those behind the making of this vehicle about how this car came to be and the enormous effort involved, the precision engineering from scratch, and hurdles overcome, and I can confirm that this car really is incredibly innovative and the ingenuity that has gone in to what you’re all now driving is remarkable. Isn’t that why we got the car? Yes they are still working and improving things and there are bugs and some wrinkles to iron, but they actually listen to feedback, and also want to make this vehicle the best it can be because they’re proud of it. So yeah I’m a happy owner, even with the few issues and service visits I’ve needed I still have yet to experience any frustration with any of it. Put me in sprint mode, crank up the music off the USB which sounds fantastic, turn on the heated and massaging seats, and I’m certain I don’t want to drive anything else.

Last edited:
I think that there are a lot of posts about owner's "reality" that you can think of as negative but if you have had major issues then you may not be a happy customer.

My DE is over a year old and I have around 11K miles. I love driving the car but have to say that still not having production quality software puts a damper on my enthusiasm. I know that you all are surprised that I would still complain about the software! :cool:

I had some initial mechanical issues, frunk jamming and auto close door failure plus a few pieces of gasket material coming lose but no major issues. Having heard of some of the drive-line and HV battery failures does make me nervous taking long trips but that just me. I also feel that Lucid could me more transparent as to what the cause is of some of these catastrophic failures.

I still have my car and hope that Lucid does prosper. I have been a forum member for over a year now and I think that the majority of posts are balanced. Yes, there are some very negative members and some fanboys with blinders on but not that many.

Just my humble opinion as always.
I clearly recognize that some owners have had some serious problems with the car and by no means did I intend to diminish their situations. My intent with this post was simply to put it all into perspective for those individuals who come to this site with little knowledge of the Lucid experience. I agree we need to accept that this is a brand new company and there will be problems as the company continues to evolve. I have had the experience to meet with most of the senior executives of this company and I am convinced their intention is to resolve the remaining software issues in the near future and deal with any other problems (software or hardware) as they may happen in as expeditious a fashion as possible. I have been an owner from the very beginning and although not fully complete (Apple CarPlay) I can say that the software advances through OTA updates have been constant and for the most part very positive. All of that said, I do appreciate your perspective.

Back