When do we see 2.0?

Love seeing the varying opinions here and the attributing the disappointment of those that are annoyed as just not being patient enough (or "feeling entitled, perpetually aggrieved, and haunted with the intolerable feeling that YOU are the only one that’s missing out"). I was just pointing out that the UX as it is in Version 1.XX is not only mediocre, it's actually detrimental to the enjoyment of the car. When tacking that on to the other hiccups that many of us have had, it's the icing on the cake. At this point, it's detrimental enough where I've cancelled my release day Sapphire reservation because I lack confidence in Lucid at this stage. I don't think those hiccups will be resolved by the time Sapphire is in production.

As @the1sen brother says, ""Try enjoying life while you wait since we spend so much time waiting for the next thing." That's exactly what I'm doing.
Sheesh. Enjoy life my friend. Car gets better every day. Loving my GT.

Love seeing the varying opinions here and the attributing the disappointment of those that are annoyed as just not being patient enough (or "feeling entitled, perpetually aggrieved, and haunted with the intolerable feeling that YOU are the only one that’s missing out"). I was just pointing out that the UX as it is in Version 1.XX is not only mediocre, it's actually detrimental to the enjoyment of the car. When tacking that on to the other hiccups that many of us have had, it's the icing on the cake. At this point, it's detrimental enough where I've cancelled my release day Sapphire reservation because I lack confidence in Lucid at this stage. I don't think those hiccups will be resolved by the time Sapphire is in production.

As @the1sen brother says, ""Try enjoying life while you wait since we spend so much time waiting for the next thing." That's exactly what I'm doing.
Gotta do what you feel is right. :) I think a lot of people who sold the car because of the 1.0 software are going to miss it, and particularly if they sold it right before the 2.0 rollout. I have no doubt the Sapphire will not have these software warts.

Last edited:
Yes, 2.0.12 has a few bugs. Here is what I have observed since installing on Sunday:

orange triangle random alert
key fob not recognized when car is placed in park. PIN required to resume driving.
Bluetooth inactivated. Need to turn on in settings.
Brake light malfunction warning.

but I love the instant on and the Homelink when leaving the garage is better but not perfect. I will add that the 1.0 versions DID NOT negatively affect my enjoyment of the car.

Gotta do what you feel is right. :) I think a lot of people who sold the car because of the 1.0 software are going to miss it, and particularly if they sold it right before the 2.0 rollout. I have no doubt the Sapphire will not have these software warts.
I got my car 12/31/2021 with software version 1.04 and have almost 8,000 miles on it. I have been a "somewhat vocal" critic of the software; ok I called it crap! I said that the software was a year late and that about correct. The latest update is much better, and I think that by years end things will be stable and we should see CarPlay and Android Auto. Having said all of that, I still have the car because it's fun to drive a car with 1111HP and great range.! I think that there are UI issues with HomeLink and the NAV system, but Lucid's software group seems to have turned the corner. I would not sell or cancel an order based upon software alone any longer.

Just my $0.02.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my car 12/31/2021 with software version 1.04 and have almost 8,000 miles on it. I have been a "somewhat vocal" critic of the software; ok I called it crap! I said that the software was a year late and that about correct. The latest update is much better, and I think that by years end things will be stable and we should see CarPlay and Android Auto. Having said all of that, I still have the car because it's fun to drive a car with 1111HP and great range.! I think that there are UI issues with HomeLink and the NAV system, but Lucid's software group seems to have turned the corner. I would not sell or cancel an order based upon software alone any longer.

Just my $0.02.
Uh oh, @MoniputerLM post count is about to slow down dramatically!

Yes, 2.0.12 has a few bugs. Here is what I have observed since installing on Sunday:

key fob not recognized when car is placed in park. PIN required to resume driving.

but I love the instant on and the Homelink when leaving the garage is better but not perfect. I will add that the 1.0 versions DID NOT negatively affect my enjoyment of the car.
wait..Homelink triggers when leaving the garage for you? I thought it's so far only when close to entering garage

I guess I got lucky with none of these!

wait..Homelink triggers when leaving the garage for you? I thought it's so far only when close to entering garage
It will trigger based on the gps location of where the car was parked when programmed. I actually parked the car like 50’ from my gate to program it so it would pop up earlier.

Just my $0.02.
That means a lot coming from an early adopter who also happens to have been one of Lucid’s most vocal critics. 👏🏻 👏🏻

That means a lot coming from an early adopter who also happens to have been one of Lucid’s most vocal critics. 👏🏻 👏🏻
Software critic! 😇 :cool: 🤣

I guess I got lucky with none of these!
Neither did I. I tried to find ways to break it. It’s actually rather durable. Only time I had hiccup with Alexa was when I get only 1~2 bars signal at bumper to bumper I-10 and Alexa just pause talking during rush hour highway.

Today I was going to downtown Houston, while pasing thru midtown, there was a street with barricades. Lucid Navigation actually adviced me to drive thru barricade. 😂 Alexa: “Go forward, then turn right!”, Me: “It’s dead road, Alexa!” I wish I had picture that time, but it during rush hours with cars behind me to expect turn left on one way street. I think Navigation can use a little more refinement. But overall, UX2.0 is what the car should be, it’s awesome! I know as car ages, it only gets better and better as I had hoped when I ordered this AGT.

Neither did I. I tried to find ways to break it. It’s actually rather durable. Only time I had hiccup with Alexa was when I get only 1~2 bars signal at bumper to bumper I-10 and Alexa just pause talking during rush hour highway.

Today I was going to downtown Houston, while pasing thru midtown, there was a street with barricades. Lucid Navigation actually adviced me to drive thru barricade. 😂 Alexa: “Go forward, then turn right!”, Me: “It’s dead road, Alexa!” I wish I had picture that time, but it during rush hours with cars behind me to expect turn left on one way street. I think Navigation can use a little more refinement. But overall, UX2.0 is what the car should be, it’s awesome! I know as car ages, it only gets better and better as I had hoped when I ordered this AGT.
Navigation picks poor routes here in Phoenix also. The owners in California seem to think it is good. I think it really depends on your location. 2.x software did not help the navigation pick the fastest route.

Navigation picks poor routes here in Phoenix also. The owners in California seem to think it is good. I think it really depends on your location. 2.x software did not help the navigation pick the fastest route.
But Navigation now let you pick one of 3 available routes with traffic colors and time estimation. That is a vast improvement.

Also, certain area, Highway Assist will turns off itself. It turned off for me when I was on a tollway and saying something not supported location.

Also, certain area, Highway Assist will turns off itself. It turned off for me when I was on a tollway and saying something not supported location.
I would like to see the Highway Assist pause when the turn signals are on, so you don't have to fight with it to change lanes.

I would like to see the Highway Assist pause when the turn signals are on, so you don't have to fight with it to change lanes.
It's supposed to, so that is probably a bug also

It's supposed to, so that is probably a bug also
No, it pauses when you steer the wheel. Turn signal is optional (but use your turn signals, obviously).

This helps because you can still let it steer until you’re ready to make the turn / lane change.

No, it pauses when you steer the wheel. Turn signal is optional (but use your turn signals, obviously).

This helps because you can still let it steer until you’re ready to make the turn / lane change.
I have to fight with it to change lanes.

Back