When do we see 2.0?

What Lucid needs to understand is that 2.0 may have issues, but those of us stuck on 1.x have much worse issues.

Quite often, you just need to go into general release with a new version of software just because it's significantly better than an existing version. I think that statement safe to say that in Lucid's present situation. Lucid may be forgetting about how bad 1.x for most of us.

My software experience with this car is not good at present. Other potential buyers are turned off because of it. The car's 1.x software is negative to Lucid's brand, and or adds up every hour that 1.x is standard.

I think you have seen enough Lucid, let 2.x, go into general release. The 2.x experience is significantly better than 1.x.
I agree with this sentiment. I've been tolerating the second-rate software now for 6 months at this point with a car at price point that demands something better.

What Lucid needs to understand is that 2.0 may have issues, but those of us stuck on 1.x have much worse issues.

Quite often, you just need to go into general release with a new version of software just because it's significantly better than an existing version. I think that statement safe to say that in Lucid's present situation. Lucid may be forgetting about how bad 1.x for most of us.

My software experience with this car is not good at present. Other potential buyers are turned off because of it. The car's 1.x software is negative to Lucid's brand, and or adds up every hour that 1.x is standard.

I think you have seen enough Lucid, let 2.x, go into general release. The 2.x experience is significantly better than 1.x.
Sssshhhhhh …
Don’t anger the Beast!
I do find it interesting that there are “insiders” and some “group of 100” who got the update. But at this point, why not give it to anyone who asks? Or do we need to get put on a list by the Illuminati? Or taken off another list …?

2.0.x are not issue-free, they are releasing slowly and cautiously to Beta testers. There are new bugs to be squashed in controlled environment. They are getting very closed to release in the wild as stated in public announcement. Please be patient as we can see the software developers are working around the clock even in the weekend.

I was trying to be funny but ended up being not so much clear.

All I’m saying is that 100 people have received the update because they timely asked a forum moderator for access. Now that we have all seen the (unanimous?) praise for the update — can us plebes please appeal for access? Maybe let another 50 have a peak under the tent?

Of course 2.x is not issue free. The only question is this: is 2.x better than 1.x? If so, release it to the world.

1.x is turning off potential buyers and giving existing customers significant issues leading to dissatisfaction with the car. Every hour that 1.x is the standard software on this car is not good for Lucid customers, or the company.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. If 2.x is better than 1.x, which by accounts it is, let it be released generally.

Why not improve the software experience if you can? You can deal with issues that do arise, but let's make the experience better as soon as possible.

Somehow I would like to get on the list because my car is sitting at the service center waiting for software updates that are suppose to fix my turtle mode (according to my service rep.) They said they have requested it, but it has yet to be made available. @Firstto520 - is it somehow possible to my car to be expedited in the process? I won't get my car back until they can upload to the current release and do further testing.

You are absolutely right that no update is perfect, and at some point releasing with known issues is better than trying to fix every little thing.

But here's the thing: from where we are sitting, we have nowhere near enough data to make that judgement call.

From where the Lucid Digital team is, they do.

From a marketing perspective, releasing 2.0 and then having hundreds of bloggers and YouTubers report there are still big issues would be a catastrophe. That would be it, in terms of ever gaining anyone's trust again. They are lucky to even get this second shot at convincing people they can do this.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume they will make the correct determination when the time comes. From all reports, this current team knows what it's doing.

I disagree. The current build of the software is actually more bug free than the update. Releasing the current 2.0 software to the entire fleet would just wreak havoc on support. Lucid is working through it all, it's easy to say be patient but that's what it takes!

I disagree. The current build of the software is actually more bug free than the update. Releasing the current 2.0 software to the entire fleet would just wreak havoc on support. Lucid is working through it all, it's easy to say be patient but that's what it takes!
To add to this, there's presumably a large group of owners who are not on this forum and have no idea that this update is even coming.
For them to receive something that might have some of the issues we're seeing on 2.0.x might be annoying or confusing. They're just trying to polish it up for wider release.

I'm sure it'll go out for public release sooner rather than later.

It's not a good thing to say, but it's easier to generally release a new version of software when the prior version has poor quality.

I seriously doubt that based on reports here, 2.x is worse than 1.x.

Sometimes, development teams are so focused on the currently developed release branch that they forget about how bad the previous version is. And sometimes, there just needs to be one strong leader who says

"Let the new release go, it's better. We will deal with problems as they arise. Worst case scenario, we quickly revert."

If 2.x was worse, your would see users here saying "please, please revert me to the older software". Is there anyone here on 2.x who wants reverted? If so, I, and Lucid development too, would like to hear it

I was trying to be funny but ended up being not so much clear.

All I’m saying is that 100 people have received the update because they timely asked a forum moderator for access. Now that we have all seen the (unanimous?) praise for the update — can us plebes please appeal for access? Maybe let another 50 have a peak under the tent?
If you look at the list of bug reports, you'll quickly see that the response has been far from unanimous praise.

Beta testing is not a game. There are actual humans at Lucid who have to respond to every report, try to reproduce, track down a cause, implement a fix, and then test the fix. All while hoping that fix doesn't break something else.

Adding more noise to the mix is only going to make the whole process go much slower.

It's not a good thing to say, but it's easier to generally release a new version of software when the prior version has poor quality.

I seriously doubt that based on reports here, 2.x is worse than 1.x.

Sometimes, development teams are so focused on the currently developed release branch that they forget about how bad the previous version is. And sometimes, there just needs to be one strong leader who says

"Let the new release go, it's better. We will deal with problems as they arise. Worst case scenario, we quickly revert."

If 2.x was worse, your would see users here saying "please, please revert me to the older software". Is there anyone here on 2.x who wants reverted? If so, I, and Lucid development too, would like to hear it
It's possible you would get that later, but as is with humans, shiny new toys are great to keep us busy for a few days. It's only been less than 24 hours from the final 4 patch update....

They seem to be taking the reported bugs very seriously. A mobile service van is on its way to our house to try to reproduce a problem I reported.

I am in software business. I have been in the software business longer than the many of the Lucid development employees have been alive, I imagine.

I completely understand the software development cycle. And I understand what software with poor customer satisfaction means to a young company.

Software version 1.x on my Lucid Air GT is of mediocre quality. Many reviews point it out I doubt the beta of 2.0 is worse. If it is, than there needs to be a top-down review of Lucid development practices, including the regression testing process.

Sssshhhhhh …
Don’t anger the Beast!
I do find it interesting that there are “insiders” and some “group of 100” who got the update. But at this point, why not give it to anyone who asks? Or do we need to get put on a list by the Illuminati? Or taken off another list …?
Now you are on the naughty list 🤪

I think one of the major reasons why the new software is not yet released to the rest of the fleet, might be because there is highway assist. Can you imagine if they released the highway assist to everyone before having more real world user experience and it didn't work as intended. Worse yet have an accident? I think the real world feedback from a few brave enough selected individuals is what they need especially for this feature, than any of the other feature currently, to be working properly without fault.

Sure the other stuff would be nice for all users and maybe the first stage will get released sooner. But I trust their methodology with respect to this particular rewrite.

I think one of the major reasons why the new software is not yet released to the rest of the fleet, might be because there is highway assist. Can you imagine if they released the highway assist to everyone before having more real world user experience and it didn't work as intended. Worse yet have an accident? I think the real world feedback from a few brave enough selected individuals is what they need especially for this feature, than any of the other feature currently, to be working properly without fault.

Sure the other stuff would be nice for all users and maybe the first stage will get released sooner. But I trust their methodology with respect to this particular rewrite.
They need to limit amount of driving data to send back. If 100 testers need to upload 5 gig each of driving data for calibration, how much more is 2500 users on the wild with unknown issues to server collecting info?

Some already couldn’t use fob on fob firmware update. Software team is working around the clock fix critical ones before a PR disaster for CC and social media. They are already announcing publicly getting close to let out. It’s not even 24 hours for the last few Beta release to collect info. People just need to stop complaining and give them a little analytic tweaking.

All hail the 100! Willing brave souls ready to sacrifice their lives for us.

I am in software business. I have been in the software business longer than the many of the Lucid development employees have been alive, I imagine.

I completely understand the software development cycle. And I understand what software with poor customer satisfaction means to a young company.

Software version 1.x on my Lucid Air GT is of mediocre quality. Many reviews point it out I doubt the beta of 2.0 is worse. If it is, than there needs to be a top-down review of Lucid development practices, including the regression testing process.
I’ve spent my life in software too, and while I understand the impatience and desire to urge a release, you have to remember that while perfect is the enemy of progress, “move fast and break stuff” works a lot less well when it is a 5300 pound road rocket that you’re building the software for.

They are very close, and are squashing some final pre-GM bugs before going out to general release. With all due respect, and I really do mean that, a bit of calm is called for here. The software teams have been working literally around the clock to prep the release, and it is a herculean task and effort that they undertook over the last 11 months or so, amid constant (though not undeserved) complaining from owners, media, and everyone else.

2.0 is not worse than 1.0, you’re absolutely right. But where there are last minute bugs to be squashed, it is much more important to squash them now so that not every single owner inundates CS and the support teams with the same request. This is why there has been a multi-stage process for testing. This is, literally, that process working.

We’re almost there. Let’s not break their legs a mile from the finish line of the marathon. :)

I agree that the rollout should be measured, but I feel they jumped the gun with an official announcment. It sets unreasonable expectations for owners. Maybe after a period of testing with the 100 blessed individuals, an announcment at that time. Doesn't seem like they are rolling it out to anyone else at this point.

Back