When do we see 2.0?

When you turn on the turn signal and turn the steering wheel in the direction of the intended lane change:
  • The Highway Assist indicator will gray out
  • The lane will not be highlighted
Oh wait a minute, I think this isn't happening for me at all. I always have to "snap" it out of HA to complete the lane change.

Is the 1-touch indication sufficient or am I supposed to fully click it in the direction of the change?

Oh wait a minute, I think this isn't happening for me at all. I always have to "snap" it out of HA to complete the lane change.

Is the 1-touch indication sufficient or am I supposed to fully click it in the direction of the change?
From the times I've used HA and done lane changes, if you do a full signal, it SEEMS to be easier to change lanes whereas if you don't signal, then it will fight you to stay in your lane. I always use full signal to change so not sure how the 3 click signal works with HA.

From the times I've used HA and done lane changes, if you do a full signal, it SEEMS to be easier to change lanes whereas if you don't signal, then it will fight you to stay in your lane. I always use full signal to change so not sure how the 3 click signal works with HA.
Okay I'll try a full indication next time. I never fully click it over when changing lanes because it requires a second action to cancel it.

Is anyone else also still waiting on 2.0? I am still on 1.2.21
I'm still on 1.2.21. My car downloaded a few gigabytes yesterday, so I was expecting an update notification soon, but haven't seen one yet.

I am on v.2.0.15. Here are two problems I found:

• The Hold Function no longer works.
• The Average mi/kwh no longer displays.

Have these been brought back in the latest version of the software?

I am on v.2.0.15. Here are two problems I found:

• The Hold Function no longer works.
• The Average mi/kwh no longer displays.

Have these been brought back in the latest version of the software?
For me since 1.2.21 and I am now on 2.0.18 the Hold Icon shows up a couple of ticks slower than before. I have to check if the brake light still comes on. There are no issues with the car staying still once I take the foot off the accelerator and it comes to a full stop.

Reactions: Ned
For me since 1.2.21 and I am now on 2.0.18 the Hold Icon shows up a couple of ticks slower than before. I have to check if the brake light still comes on. There are no issues with the car staying still once I take the foot off the accelerator and it comes to a full stop.

Thank you windscar911

Sam:

I just received 2.0.18 and I still don't have the HOLD Function. I never see HOLD light come on, and the car rolls at intersections, hills etc. I'm not sure what that is all about. I will keep my fingers crossed for a fix on the next update.

Highway Assist seems to work well. (On freeways, tap the Dream Drive button. Then you can then press and hold to switch between Adaptive Cruise Control and Highway Assist.) Lane centering appears good as well.)

Updates seem to be coming fast and furious now.

I still don't have the HOLD Function. I never see HOLD light come on, and the car rolls at intersections, hills etc. I'm not sure what that is all about.
I assume you've triple checked that you have Hold turned on in settings and not the Roll setting? Sometimes settings get reset with updates

I assume you've triple checked that you have Hold turned on in settings and not the Roll setting? Sometimes settings get reset with updates
Maybe the update turned it off. I will check it again just to be sure. I hope you are correct. Thanks.

I am in software business. I have been in the software business longer than the many of the Lucid development employees have been alive, I imagine.

I completely understand the software development cycle. And I understand what software with poor customer satisfaction means to a young company.

Software version 1.x on my Lucid Air GT is of mediocre quality. Many reviews point it out I doubt the beta of 2.0 is worse. If it is, than there needs to be a top-down review of Lucid development practices, including the regression testing process.
I was not a software engineer, but my aerospace contracts always wound up with software being the main monetary and timeline point. I love the organizational skills and top down or bottom-up development of software to complete a program. I fought hard to hire software people, losing some to the many game development companies. My software teams ran many " what if scenarios" to find the bugs and enhance the software. Was it always perfect...well in the missile world, it better be. I know some programs were simple but fulfilled all the basic functionality required, then the team worked on the enhancements. Hats off to this skill set group...they rule.

Are new cars shipping with this update (2.0 minimum)? Any communication from service agents if Touring models have the same firmware capable of running 2.0?
I received my GT last Tuesday. It was ready for 2.0.13. I installed Tuesday. Got notification on Wednesday for 14. Installed. Have not heard anything about 15 which is supposed to change a lot.

Yep. You’re not alone!
For what it is worth, I have 2.0.18 Release on my car. I'm not sure what version is the latest version. That is a complaint I have for Lucid. They often claim (through the car) that the software is "up to date" when I know perfectly well that there is a later release currently in the process of being released, so the software is not up to date.

In my opinion, Lucid should post the current release on their website so we all know where we stand at any given moment. A list of the changes in each update would be nice as well.

Back