what are you watching right now?

I forget...probably nobody will see it, but if you are near and can: worth it. Here's a pretty darn accurate review from the NY Post.
https://nypost.com/2022/11/10/kimberly-akimbo-review-a-weird-but-sweet-broadway-musical/

If you've never experienced a full house held in silence ... happens three times . the music ... you can see the band !
I have musical bug for years, I will check this one out next time I go visit Big Apple. I may take kids to watch Phantok Of The Opera last time before curtain closes permanently.

Watching on seasons 1-2 of Yellowstone as well as the current season, finally succumbing to everyone telling me to watch it. Very well written, acted and shot

Working my way through the 3 seasons of The Boys
I hope you don't mean trailer park boys ... was revolted when first looked ... then couldn't stop. have no idea why.

Watching on seasons 1-2 of Yellowstone as well as the current season, finally succumbing to everyone telling me to watch it. Very well written, acted and shot
really ? I watched a few minutes, saw Cosner, decided I did not want to watch another Cosner. Should I give it more time ?

really ? I watched a few minutes, saw Cosner, decided I did not want to watch another Cosner. Should I give it more time ?
Give it a chance. Lots of violence and the Beth Dutton character is a hoot ( and easy on the eyes)

I just watched Mel Gibson’s Apocalypto (2006) again. So brutal, graphic and real. One of best movies imo.

I just watched Mel Gibson’s Apocalypto (2006) again. So brutal, graphic and real. One of best movies imo.
Agree. Avoided it bc Gibson but then caught bits of it late nights then one night watched a big hunk and then had to see the whole thing.
It really is a stunning film. I avoid violence but some films ...it's the story. Also technically...how did they do that ? You forget there's a whole film crew somewhere...
Seen Black Robe ? I love when a film obliterates any chance of romanticizing the past. I haven't felt warm since I saw that in a theater.

Take away the brutality of the past and what have you? Life of Brian ... Holy Grail ... people are just silly without violence.
Follow the gord !
Convert or the Sword ?
hard to take "faith" seriously after Python. Film that obliterates a point of view... dangerous stuff. Like Bobby's key fob video ...

I am not generally a fan of westerns but this is some seriously gripping drama with a mix of mafia-like groups, politics, violence and power struggle. Not a big Costner fan either but he really shines through in this role. Binge watched the whole thing in a few weeks and the 1883 prequel. Great screenwriting from Taylor Sheridan. Not so sure about Harrison Ford in the 1923 prequel though..

Give it a chance. Lots of violence and the Beth Dutton character is a hoot ( and easy on the eyes)

I am not generally a fan of westerns but this is some seriously gripping drama with a mix of mafia-like groups, politics, violence and power struggle. Not a big Costner fan either but he really shines through in this role. Binge watched the whole thing in a few weeks and the 1883 prequel. Great screenwriting from Taylor Sheridan. Not so sure about Harrison Ford in the 1923 prequel though..
F4E86F43-B067-4ED0-B0FD-27B5675E1F93.jpeg

Agree. Avoided it bc Gibson but then caught bits of it late nights then one night watched a big hunk and then had to see the whole thing.
It really is a stunning film. I avoid violence but some films ...it's the story. Also technically...how did they do that ? You forget there's a whole film crew somewhere...
The camera was so good before time of drone. The crane into jungle. Most importantly, cast spoke Yucatán Mayan to make it so real. I’ve heard there is Apocalypto 2 coming in 2024 about Spanish Inquisitor encounters Mayan where first film left off.
Seen Black Robe ? I love when a film obliterates any chance of romanticizing the past. I haven't felt warm since I saw that in a theater.
Just checked out the preview. Look good, added that to my future list.

I watched Will Smith’s “Emancipation” last night on AppleTV+. That movie is another Oscar performance by Will and cinematography. I love these historical fiction stories based on real characters.

Just finished Season ONE. Another greatest after Game of Thrones.

Watching Cung On Earth. So stupid, put it scratches my Borat itch.

Second season of Perry Mason on HBO is good so far.

Take away the brutality of the past and what have you? Life of Brian ... Holy Grail ... people are just silly without violence.
Follow the gord !
Convert or the Sword ?
hard to take "faith" seriously after Python. Film that obliterates a point of view... dangerous stuff. Like Bobby's key fob video ...
Black Robe remains one of my favorites. And Holy Grail is the greatest comedy in all history, and they do make you think...good ideas

Back