What about 2023 models??

SaaSManKS

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Pure
I’m assuming that with the confirmed orders they will carry those 2022 orders thru until they are executed, but other car companies are starting to push out 2023 models starting next month so I guess I’m just wondering “when” they will release and introduce the newer model. I’d hate to take delivery on a brand new car like this and have it’s value destroyed by an imminent release of a newer model….thoughts??

I’m assuming that with the confirmed orders they will carry those 2022 orders thru until they are executed, but other car companies are starting to push out 2023 models starting next month so I guess I’m just wondering “when” they will release and introduce the newer model. I’d hate to take delivery on a brand new car like this and have it’s value destroyed by an imminent release of a newer model….thoughts??
I’d say there’s a zero percent chance of any model changes between 2022 and 2023.

Lucid seems to be following in Tesla’s footsteps here, with model years being essentially meaningless. Technically, they will eventually be stamping cars as “2023” but that will be a mere formality.

I don’t think it will even make much difference in resale value. Teslas seem to sell mostly on condition, mileage, and included options. The year seems to make little difference.

I wouldn’t worry about this at all.

It will likely be a good while before Lucid makes any actual changes to the current Airs that are shipping. Just newer software, for the most part. Which all model years will get.

Well there’s definitely a financial impact; if you have two GT’s for sale same color/options/mileage and one is a 2022 and one is a 2023, for sure the 2022 will be less expensive

Well there’s definitely a financial impact; if you have two GT’s for sale same color/options/mileage and one is a 2022 and one is a 2023, for sure the 2022 will be less expensive
I wouldn’t count on it. It’s not necessarily true in the used Tesla market. And I certainly wouldn’t place any value on a newer year Tesla, even with all other things being equal.

If I were looking for a Model 3, for instance, I wouldn’t care if it were a 2019 or a 2020, as there was zero difference between those cars. I would care if it had the power trunk and the new interior changes, which came somewhere in 2021.

I’d say there’s a zero percent chance of any model changes between 2022 and 2023.

Lucid seems to be following in Tesla’s footsteps here, with model years being essentially meaningless. Technically, they will eventually be stamping cars as “2023” but that will be a mere formality.

I don’t think it will even make much difference in resale value. Teslas seem to sell mostly on condition, mileage, and included options. The year seems to make little difference.

I wouldn’t worry about this at all.

It will likely be a good while before Lucid makes any actual changes to the current Airs that are shipping. Just newer software, for the most part. Which all model years will get.
If produced next year, is mine going to be a 2023 model, or will it be a year old when I get it?😳

Back