Hello from Long Island!

racerx2095

Hey guys … my name is Leo, I’m a former Tesla owner M3P (Model 3 Performance) and MYP (Model Y Performance); the M3P was totaled when I got T-boned hence the MYP which I sold for a bit more than I paid for during Elon’s crazy seesaw pricing back in late 2022.

I’m debating whether or not to get a MSP (Model S Plaid) but the Tesla forum has horrific threads about a damning vibration while going 30-60mph and above 85mph; I test drove a 2021 MSP and confirmed the vibration, such a disappointment for a 120k.

I’ve started researching the Lucid, and if the company survives 2023 I may lease a Lucid Air Pure in 2024; won’t buy at first from a company that may die in a year or so down the line. I couldn’t find used Lucid’s for sale on major websites to find out resale value either.

The lack of SC (Service center) on Long Island is concerning; they may open one in Plainview, NY by the end of 2023, early 2024. Tesla has several SC’s on Long Island and the mobile service was very efficient and easy to schedule it.

Tesla has opened their superchargers to other EV’s so their only advantage is gone and I will be able to use it … kudos to Elon for his vision.

There are few threads on this forum about the car; to be honest I’m looking for issues that may arise and decide whether or not to get a Lucid; I’ve definitely not getting the MSP because that vibration while driving is very serious, plaguing the cars since 2021.

Cheers,
Leo

This has to be a joke right? Pick a forum sub topic and just read...

Hey guys … my name is Leo, I’m a former Tesla owner M3P (Model 3 Performance) and MYP (Model Y Performance); the M3P was totaled when I got T-boned hence the MYP which I sold for a bit more than I paid for during Elon’s crazy seesaw pricing back in late 2022.

I’m debating whether or not to get a MSP (Model S Plaid) but the Tesla forum has horrific threads about a damning vibration while going 30-60mph and above 85mph; I test drove a 2021 MSP and confirmed the vibration, such a disappointment for a 120k.

I’ve started researching the Lucid, and if the company survives 2023 I may lease a Lucid Air Pure in 2024; won’t buy at first from a company that may die in a year or so down the line. I couldn’t find used Lucid’s for sale on major websites to find out resale value either.

The lack of SC (Service center) on Long Island is concerning; they may open one in Plainview, NY by the end of 2023, early 2024. Tesla has several SC’s on Long Island and the mobile service was very efficient and easy to schedule it.

Tesla has opened their superchargers to other EV’s so their only advantage is gone and I will be able to use it … kudos to Elon for his vision.

There are few threads on this forum about the car; to be honest I’m looking for issues that may arise and decide whether or not to get a Lucid; I’ve definitely not getting the MSP because that vibration while driving is very serious, plaguing the cars since 2021.

Cheers,
Leo
Hi Leo! Very satisfied owner here for almost a year now. I’m not afraid the company is going anywhere at all. My nearest service center is about two hours away, which is also not a concern. Lucid has taken very good care of me and my car when needed. They’ve towed it in for me from my house when there was an issue (wasn’t a Lucid issue for the record). The car is fantastic! I’d suggest you drive one and then make your decisions. You can also read through any of the threads on the forum, but remember that mostly frustrated people take to forums with questions and complaints. Most of us are out enjoying the car and not reporting back every time they have a successful and fun drive!

Are all users on this forum as “nice” as you are? good morning to you too hydbob or whatever your name is.
Depends on the time of day, but I apologize for my previous comment as this is a Lucid owners forum I'd say 90% of the content here is about the car.

Cheers,
Leo
Welcome! To my knowledge, the plain view center just opened and some people from NJ(my location) have appointments there already.

Lucid does have 3 years of cash flow, but I understand your concern. Anybody would be extra careful with a big car purchase.

In addition, have you considered a touring? That is closer in price to a plaid.

I don’t really understand this, as almost all content here is about the car. If you tell what kinds of issues you want to know about(hardware, software), I could list some common ones here.

About your used car concern, what sites have you checked? Most seem to have a couple of lucids for sale..

Cheers,
Leo
Hello fellow Nyer just FYI the Plainview center is open. They opened on the 5th. I've been there just to pick up screws for the license plate.

Welcome! To my knowledge, the plain view center just opened and some people from NJ(my location) have appointments there already.

Lucid does have 3 years of cash flow, but I understand your concern. Anybody would be extra careful with a big car purchase.

In addition, have you considered a touring? That is closer in price to a plaid.
I’m considering buying either the Touring or Grand Touring if all goes well after leasing the entry level “Pure”, i.e. if Lucid makes it a a company, they should if the “Gravity” SUV is a success and depending on how many and how serious of issues I’d encounter during the 3 year lease, otherwise just return it, no harm done.

I’ll be test driving one at the Manhasset Studio next week … will even take my road bike to see what the deal is to put it in the trunk ;-) the opening seems a bit low but we’ll see … I will also stop by the Plainview SC, just read here they opened on 8/5, and talk to an owner there …

I’m considering buying either the Touring or Grand Touring if all goes well after leasing the entry level “Pure”, i.e. if Lucid makes it a a company, they should if the “Gravity” SUV is a success and depending on how many and how serious of issues I’d encounter during the 3 year lease, otherwise just return it, no harm done.

I’ll be test driving one at the Manhasset Studio next week … will even take my road bike to see what the deal is to put it in the trunk ;-) the opening seems a bit low but we’ll see … I will also stop by the Plainview SC, just read here they opened on 8/5, and talk to an owner there …
You are right in that the bike may be a bit of a squeeze, specifically the handles. However, I am sure with the rear seats folded it could possibly fit.

Your lease strategy seems great(funny how the lease ends when lucids cash flow ends) but dont forget that leasing will always be more expensive, especially with a unknown residual.

I’ll be test driving one at the Manhasset Studio next week … will even take my road bike to see what the deal is to put it in the trunk ;-) the opening seems a bit low but we’ll see
It’s doable, if a bit tight. Also keep in mind Lucid sells roof crossbars and a bike roof mount.

It's hard to avoid any financial drama when buying a state-of-the-art EV. I bought my tent-built 2018 Model 3 as Tesla was a month or two away from possible bankruptcy, six full years after their introduction of the Model S.

My model 3 had a terrible vibration at any speed over 80. I tried to get Tesla to address it, but since the speed limit is 75 where I live, they claimed they were not allowed to drive my car fast enough to experience it themselves. Which was one of the lamest excuses I’ve ever heard.

Got a Lucid a month before my Tesla lease expired. Turned the Model 3 in and never looked back.

It was probably just bad wheel balance causing that vibration. But I wanted nothing to do with the company once I experienced that “service.”

Cheers,
Leo
Who told you Lucid isn't going to be around in a year or so Elon? 😂😂

Also, Tesla's current "Super Chargers" are useless for charging a Lucid. Might be a good idea to get that Plaid after all.

Cheers,
Leo
"and if the company survives 2023 I may lease a Lucid Air Pure in 2024; won’t buy at first from a company that may die in a year or so down the line"

Why are you even thinking about buying a Lucid if you feel that way???

Lucid is miles better than any Tesla. Ride, handling, luxury, looks, pleasant CEO. Software not there yet and of course the charging network. But that may not be a problem if you charge mostly at home. Its a drivers car!!!

I had the Model S and got the same vibration at 60mph- got rid of the lunchbox!

"and if the company survives 2023 I may lease a Lucid Air Pure in 2024; won’t buy at first from a company that may die in a year or so down the line"

Why are you even thinking about buying a Lucid if you feel that way???

Lucid is miles better than any Tesla. Ride, handling, luxury, looks, pleasant CEO. Software not there yet and of course the charging network. But that may not be a problem if you charge mostly at home. Its a drivers car!!!

I had the Model S and got the same vibration at 60mph- got rid of the lunchbox!
Are you taping yourself in the back? 🤦🏻‍♂️ I said lease not buy, because that’s what I want to do and because Lucid may or may not die in 3 years from now, when the Saudi money runs out.

I had 2 Teslas before too, if you read my original post, with same issues as everyone, and while Lucid seems to have a better fit and finish, I see tons of threads on this forum with same issues that plagued early Teslas.

Having said that, Tesla survived, will Lucid? hard to tell.

Enjoy your car. I just started researching about the Lucid a week ago or so … I have more cars and motorcycles that I can drive and ride …

Back