Website for OTA Updates, Software Features Wishlist, and Bugs!

Please forgive me if this is something that I missed when reading my Purchase Agreement. Has Lucid gone on record specifying how long any particular year/model Lucid vehicle would be eligible to receive OTA updates? Thanks!
That's something that Lucid will have to figure out, and the company, as well as the general concept of OTA updates for automobiles, is generally new. Tesla has been doing it longer, and their general philosophy is to support even the oldest vehicles in the fleet, but as cars get older, there's a lower likelihood of getting new features, especially if they rely on newer hardware. In Tesla's case, it's been possible to upgrade the MCU and get new features. I did that primarily because mine was failing and it took too long for Tesla to address the general problem, but had I not, I wouldn't have had whatever my older hardware couldn't support.

A big difference between Tesla and Lucid is that Tesla's is a more closed system. Eventually, there's less likelihood of new features or bug fixes being needed for older cars, and it becomes like traditional cars where you are stuck at a certain level. Since features such as Android Auto or Carplay are or will be supported by Lucid, there are external factors, and there might be a possible need to upgrade to support newer features, be compatible with newer smartphones, or anything else that the future might throw at it that's beyond Lucid's control but not beyond their ability to keep up with.

Time will tell, and I can't see Lucid failing to react if people find that their new phones aren't compatible with their cars in five years. But it's harder to say what will happen decades from now.

Subsequent to posing my question, I was happy to find this text within Lucid's 07/28/20 DreamDrive announcement...
"As with the vehicle's other software systems, upgrades will be delivered over-the-air throughout the lifetime of the car, including new ADAS functionality and service offerings." Nice!

Subsequent to posing my question, I was happy to find this text within Lucid's 07/28/20 DreamDrive announcement...
"As with the vehicle's other software systems, upgrades will be delivered over-the-air throughout the lifetime of the car, including new ADAS functionality and service offerings." Nice!

They also said Highway Assist would be part of basic DreamDrive back in 2020 and 2021, but then they removed it. so upgrades AND downgrades can be delivered through OTA 😂

They also said Highway Assist would be part of basic DreamDrive back in 2020 and 2021, but then they removed it. so upgrades AND downgrades can be delivered through OTA 😂
It doesn't quite mean that. It means that they can change what is offered with any given package prior to selling any given car. That being said, Tesla has taken away features, or broken features that customers paid for and were using, so the notion is not unheard of. I don't see Lucid as a company that would engage in seat of the pants decision making like that.

out of curiosity, like what?
The first thing they took away since 1994 was the ability to roll down the windows with the fob. It's not a big deal, and they did it after a customer sat on his fob, it rained and his car got soaked. But years later when they added Summon, they inexplicably used that same button press on the fob. It's something where it would have made more sense to let the driver turn it on or off in the configuration.

An example of something they broke was USB support. After many years of it not working, they recently fixed it on the Model 3, but left the bug on the Model S. It was never a great feature, and Lucid has the same limitations that Tesla has, except that the part that's broken on a Tesla works on a Lucid. So that's a feature that I lost, in terms of sufficient functionality, that they are in no hurry to fix. Whether or not most drivers see it as a big deal isn't the issue. If I can't have a practical way of listening to my own media, considering that I paid for a car that could do that, I consider it a big deal.

out of curiosity, like what?

When we bought our first Tesla in 2015 (Model S P90D), I paid $3,000 for Enhanced Autopilot, the highest level of ADAS Tesla offered at the time. Over the ensuing four years, as Tesla began to push FSD, they began to deactivate features. Some were removed altogether, and some were migrated over to FSD. Originally, lane keep assist would work on any road that had clear center and side markings. It was later limited only to certain roads such as interstates and other multi-lane thoroughfares. Originally, adaptive cruise control could be set for any speed (at least any I was willing to use). Then it became limited to 5 mph over the speed limit -- something that would almost get you rear-ended on Florida highways and that made the feature utterly useless. Then automatic lane change was introduced (a feature originally promised to come with Enhanced Autopilot), but it was subsequently removed.

By the time all this was over, our $3,000 Enhanced Autopilot left us with nothing but speed-limited adaptive cruise control and lane keeping assist on few of the roads we regularly drove. In short, the features that were included at no additional cost in our 2018 Honda Odyssey . . . and that worked in more situations.

In the salesroom, Tesla never mentions what is in the fine print: you are only licensing Tesla software features when you pay their stiff fees, and Tesla can remove them at any time for any reason. And they do.

When we bought our first Tesla in 2015 (Model S P90D), I paid $3,000 for Enhanced Autopilot, the highest level of ADAS Tesla offered at the time. Over the ensuing four years, as Tesla began to push FSD, they began to deactivate features. Some were removed altogether, and some were migrated over to FSD. Originally, lane keep assist would work on any road that had clear center and side markings. It was later limited only to certain roads such as interstates and other multi-lane thoroughfares. Originally, adaptive cruise control could be set for any speed (at least any I was willing to use). Then it became limited to 5 mph over the speed limit -- something that would almost get you rear-ended on Florida highways and that made the feature utterly useless. Then automatic lane change was introduced (a feature originally promised to come with Enhanced Autopilot), but it was subsequently removed.

By the time all this was over, our $3,000 Enhanced Autopilot left us with nothing but speed-limited adaptive cruise control and lane keeping assist on few of the roads we regularly drove. In short, the features that were included at no additional cost in our 2018 Honda Odyssey . . . and that worked in more situations.

In the salesroom, Tesla never mentions what is in the fine print: you are only licensing Tesla software features when you pay their stiff fees, and Tesla can remove them at any time for any reason. And they do.
That's interesting. I had a 2014 P85 (the first iteration of AP hardware with lidar!) and I could do lane assist cruise control at any speed - and I never had enhanced autopilot or whatever it was called later on. Crazy that an older car had a better feature set for less money...

@Bobby Do you happen to know why the only options for remaining battery are miles or percentage? Is there a reason we can't/shouldn't be able to see remaining kWh?

Obviously it's not a big deal. But it would save some of the math many of us do in our heads

@Bobby Do you happen to know why the only options for remaining battery are miles or percentage? Is there a reason we can't/shouldn't be able to see remaining kWh?

Obviously it's not a big deal. But it would save some of the math many of us do in our heads
Hard to know why. I wish it would show miles remaining based on actual usage versus EPA.

Ask Alexa to do the math for you.

Ask Alexa to do the math for you.
I just do it in my head. It was more of a curiosity as to why it's not an option. And I'm not a big Alexa fan. If I could disable it or reprogram that button on the steering wheel, I would.

Hard to know why. I wish it would show miles remaining based on actual usage versus EPA.
Yeah, that would be even better. But I feel like changing % battery to remaining kWh should be an easy switch for Lucid to make/allow.

Yeah, that would be even better. But I feel like changing % battery to remaining kWh should be an easy switch for Lucid to make/allow.
Options are good but I suspect most people would want miles or %. The general public does not think in terms of kwh.

I just do it in my head. It was more of a curiosity as to why it's not an option. And I'm not a big Alexa fan. If I could disable it or reprogram that button on the steering wheel, I would.
You *can* disable it. Just log out of Alexa, or turn off hands free mode.

If you have CarPlay, it uses Siri instead (short press vs long press)

Soo any rumors or leaks or timeline of the next update? Feels like it’s been a while…seems like .42 was the last update with real improvements. Almost 1.5 months now right?

It has been 19 days since .47 and 28 days since .43. I posted on another thread that Lucid has not issued any updates the last two years the last week of december or first week of january. So my guess is between jan 8th to the 19th for the next update.

It has been 19 days since .47 and 28 days since .43. I posted on another thread that Lucid has not issued any updates the last two years the last week of december or first week of january. So my guess is between jan 8th to the 19th for the next update.
I’m still at version 2.1.43. I don’t bother to check anymore. I’m on Switzerland trip and doing vampire test on all EVs to compare improvement on their OTA updates to plug in their vampire drain.

Back