Website for OTA Updates, Software Features Wishlist, and Bugs!

Question. The latest update was released on July 1, 2023 (Rel 2.1.1). It hasn't autoinstalled (or indicated that an update was pending). When checking for updates it shows that I'm at the 068 level and no updates are pending. Any thoughts on whey?
Updates are released incrementally. Typically, you will see the update within a week of its release. Be patient, it will come your way. Please do not call customer service about this. It puts an undo burden on them.

Question. The latest update was released on July 1, 2023 (Rel 2.1.1). It hasn't autoinstalled (or indicated that an update was pending). When checking for updates it shows that I'm at the 068 level and no updates are pending. Any thoughts on whey?
It takes time for any new update to reach the entire fleet. The release date is the date that the first known cars received the update. It could take a week or more after that before your car gets the update.

Updates are released incrementally. Typically, you will see the update within a week of its release. Be patient, it will come your way. Please do not call customer service about this. It puts an undo burden on them.
One of the problems with 2.1.2 is that to use the new easy entry feature, some percentage of people have to call service after they get the update to have their seat rehomed. I'm sure this isn't helping the service team right now. I'd never call them for an update to be sent my way, but since this update actually broke the seat automatically going to my driving position on entry, I had to call them.

Thanks for the post Bobby. I had no intention of calling customer service for the update, I can wait. But most recently, updates were released and within hours of notification of release, there it was waiting for install. The easy entry feature is very attarctive to as I have bad knees and I have to manually adjust the seat upon each entry and exit.

It's a fair question, given that I haven't seen any statements about deployment philosophy. I was told by sales that Lucid doesn't want to release things prematurely and waits until they get things right. It was in the context of Tesla releasing things and then having to issue subsequent fixes. I don't think that any company can guarantee anything to be bug free if it has any features that are situation dependent.

I would like to add a real “important” item in the wish list. Haha

On the pilot panel and on the highway assist, I see a photo of someone else’s Lucid Air. My car is black and has 19 inch wheels. My Bmws always showed a picture of my car with the correct color and options.

So please have the car on pilot panel match the current VIN car model, color and options.

On the pilot panel and on the highway assist, I see a photo of someone else’s Lucid Air. My car is black and has 19 inch wheels. My Bmws always showed a picture of my car with the correct color and options.

So please have the car on pilot panel match the current VIN car model, color and options.
Yeah the app does it correctly, just not the car.

My Tesla does that correctly. Yet I'm buying a Lucid anyway. Go figure. Yes, it would be nice, simply for style...or for people with multiple Lucids with the same interior but in different colors who forget which one they are driving.

I agree that it should be there, but I wouldn't put it high on the list. Then again, I'm all in favor of the car's infotainment system knowing the full specs of the car so you can pull it up on a screen, to see if it has Dream Drive, what sound system it has, etc. Once the data is there it might be a simple matter of getting a fill color value from a table with a key that's already in the data, and displaying the correct car color could be trivial.

@Bobby , the website lucidupdates.com is not working properly. It seems to keep refreshing on the home page thereby not allowing the viewer to navigate to it. Please take a look when you have a chance.

@Bobby , the website lucidupdates.com is not working properly. It seems to keep refreshing on the home page thereby not allowing the viewer to navigate to it. Please take a look when you have a chance.
It works well for me. One solution I would give is to press shift + the close button if you are on a PC, as this clears the cache. Could you try this?

It works well for me. One solution I would give is to press shift + the close button if you are on a PC, as this clears the cache. Could you try this?
The issue is on my iphone. I have not checked on my computer. I tried rebooting and deleting the previous sessions/tabs and I still get the issue on iphone.

The issue is on my iphone. I have not checked on my computer. I tried rebooting and deleting the previous sessions/tabs and I still get the issue on iphone.
In that case, go to the settings app, select "safari" (or search it), scroll down, and press clear history and website data. Confirm it, close the old tab, and open a new tab. This clears cache the same way on iphone.

In that case, go to the settings app, select "safari" (or search it), scroll down, and press clear history and website data. Confirm it, close the old tab, and open a new tab. This clears cache the same way on iphone.
that worked. Thanks!

BLIND SPOT WARNING LIGHTS: I wish the blindspot lights also showed up on the center monitor in each lower corner.

Please forgive me if this is something that I missed when reading my Purchase Agreement. Has Lucid gone on record specifying how long any particular year/model Lucid vehicle would be eligible to receive OTA updates? Thanks!

Please forgive me if this is something that I missed when reading my Purchase Agreement. Has Lucid gone on record specifying how long any particular year/model Lucid vehicle would be eligible to receive OTA updates? Thanks!
They have never stated as such. My guess is they will continue to send your car OTAs until whatever new features they want to build simply can't be done on your car. And even then they might still send maintenance updates to older cars, just to keep them in the best shape possible.

Thanks! That would be a great approach for them to take from a customer satisfaction perspective. You certainly can't argue when hardware changes get in the way, but enhancements that get the most out of the existing hardware would be hugely beneficial. I tend to take good care of the things I buy, and it's frustrating when I have to upgrade something simply because technical/update support has ceased. On a related note... When the time comes for a battery replacement, hopefully many years down the road, won't it be great to see Lucid's newest battery technologies made as backward-compatible as possible?

...When the time comes for a battery replacement, hopefully many years down the road, won't it be great to see Lucid's newest battery technologies made as backward-compatible as possible?
Generally you'll want to replace the car before the battery in an EV. Like replacing the motor in a gasoline car. It's not surprising to have an EV battery last 200K+ miles.

Thanks! That would be a great approach for them to take from a customer satisfaction perspective. You certainly can't argue when hardware changes get in the way, but enhancements that get the most out of the existing hardware would be hugely beneficial. I tend to take good care of the things I buy, and it's frustrating when I have to upgrade something simply because technical/update support has ceased. On a related note... When the time comes for a battery replacement, hopefully many years down the road, won't it be great to see Lucid's newest battery technologies made as backward-compatible as possible?
It’s a shame that they changed the CPU twice. Once in the sapphire and again in the Gravity. My guess is we’ll get left behind on the latest features pretty soon. Tesla kept the same intel atom processor in their cars for almost 10 years.

It’s a shame that they changed the CPU twice. Once in the sapphire and again in the Gravity. My guess is we’ll get left behind on the latest features pretty soon. Tesla kept the same intel atom processor in their cars for almost 10 years.
They have said they care very much about making sure Air owners do not feel left behind. I have no reason to suspect they’re lying.

I’m very glad they are keeping things fresh and updated. I’d much rather that than a ten year old chip - the original chip in the Air is already 8-9 years old.

Back