Weather Tech Floor Mats

Weather Tech web site states:
FloorLiner are not yet available for your 2022 Lucid Air, but they will be soon! Sign up to receive an update when they become available.

COMING SOON!
Unfortunately I think this is a generic message for cars that they don't have products for.

Speaking of WeatherTech, where they say the windshield sunscreen also is "coming soon," has anyone found a decent sunscreen for use until a custom-fitted aftermarket one is available? I hate to have to buy one of those generic "one size fits all" (or more likely one size fits none!) at Walgreens or some other drug store.

Temporarily, I guess I'm looking for the equivalent of the Motor Trend floor mats, but in a windshield sunscreen.

By the way, I've emailed WeatherTech for a status report. Will report back here if I hear something.

If anyone is in Chicago, please reach out to Weathertech. They came to the Oak Brook Mall location but they weren't allowed to let them scan it because it would close down the shop too long and they didn't want to be responsible if the scan didn't work out.

I got an email response from WeatherTech that said "10-14 weeks" for the floor mats (liners) and "14-16 weeks" for the sunshade. I was hoping they'd be available sooner.

I got an email response from WeatherTech that said "10-14 weeks" for the floor mats (liners) and "14-16 weeks" for the sunshade. I was hoping they'd be available sooner.
@LRSIII That's better than what I've gotten. It go by quickly...at $35 the motor trend mats (which I'm installing in my car today) are a cheap and easy temporary solution.

If I buy the Motor Trend mats, lay them out on the garage floor, set two aluminum lawn chairs behind the front set and three aluminum lawn chairs behind the second set and then sit in each chair for a bit will it alleviate my impatience waiting for my VIN?

If I buy the Motor Trend mats, lay them out on the garage floor, set two aluminum lawn chairs behind the front set and three aluminum lawn chairs behind the second set and then sit in each chair for a bit will it alleviate my impatience waiting for my VIN?
No because the seats are all the same color, obviously not a Lucid.

It depends on what you are drinking while sitting.

I see our good friends at Motor Trend also offer windshield sunshades in three different sizes (from the WalMart website): 58x24 inches, 58x28 inches, and 66x27 inches. Anyone with a car want to measure the inside of their Air's windshield to see whether any of these sizes will work? Because the Air is Grey for me (very sad), I'm not expecting my car for at least a month, so I can't measure it. I am going to be in Miami on May 6, so I'll bring a soft tape measure and check out the car there. Also, managed to finagle my second test drive! I know, a poor substitute for actually getting my own car.

E4A7B670-129B-41F7-970B-73F4E639DD52.jpeg

At least they match in color, motortrend floor mats are a good temporary option for those rainy days. Ugly as hell but is all we got for now.
E30EFC2E-7F21-4923-8ECE-60C0CBF45D43.jpeg

If anyone is in Chicago, please reach out to Weathertech. They came to the Oak Brook Mall location but they weren't allowed to let them scan it because it would close down the shop too long and they didn't want to be responsible if the scan didn't work out.
I emailed them and offered them to take my car in for measuring. They never responded.

I had changed my order from Santa Cruz to Tahoe, solely based on the posts about keeping the carpets presentable. My car is due for delivery next week, but there was a miscommunication with my DA and it has the Santa Cruz interior. I am pretty upset, but if I am forced to take the Santa Cruz option, I am looking for some way to mitigate the carpet issue. I talked to Weathertech in Chicago, and they plan to offer a floor liner - but they need a car to get measurements from. If anyone in the Chicago area is interested, they could be the first to receive the product. Also, they are subject to the level of interest. Their customer service number is (630) 769-1500 if interested. If anyone else has located a solution to this, including a universal kit that does not clash with the Santa Cruz interior, please let me know. I have to either sign papers or reject the car. I will lose my financing if I don't take it and ultimately will end up not getting a Lucid at all.

I had changed my order from Santa Cruz to Tahoe, solely based on the posts about keeping the carpets presentable. My car is due for delivery next week, but there was a miscommunication with my DA and it has the Santa Cruz interior. I am pretty upset, but if I am forced to take the Santa Cruz option, I am looking for some way to mitigate the carpet issue. I talked to Weathertech in Chicago, and they plan to offer a floor liner - but they need a car to get measurements from. If anyone in the Chicago area is interested, they could be the first to receive the product. Also, they are subject to the level of interest. Their customer service number is (630) 769-1500 if interested. If anyone else has located a solution to this, including a universal kit that does not clash with the Santa Cruz interior, please let me know. I have to either sign papers or reject the car. I will lose my financing if I don't take it and ultimately will end up not getting a Lucid at all.
This sounds concerning, but wasn't the Santa Cruz listed in your purchase order? And wouldn't you have had a new purchase order with Tahoe listed instead?

If it is any consolation, the Tahoe is fairly difficult to keep clean also. Maybe better than Santa Cruz but both require work.

I bought cheap Walmart "See Through" mats which allows the Lucid Rugs show through. They work just fine.

If it is any consolation, the Tahoe is fairly difficult to keep clean also. Maybe better than Santa Cruz but both require work.
I ended up with Tahoe and as you said, they are somewhat difficult to keep clean.

Back