WANTED: Floor Mat "COVERAGE" Opinions from Owners of Tuxmat, 3D and LinerX

Worldwide Beagle

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
2023 AT Cosmos-Tahoe 21"
Trying to decide between Tuxmats, 3D and LinerX for the front. My concern is the exposed carpet area to the left of the dead pedal to the door frame.

3D Mats do NOT cover the carpet to the left of the dead pedal. There is exposed carpet and I tend to rest my foot on that carpeted area there (big feet). It seems the LinerX MAY have the same issue - exposed carpet to the left of the dead pedal.

In my experience, with Audis in COLORADO WINTERS, the carpeted area around the dead pedal gets caked with dirt and salt in the winter. When custom Weathertech came out for Audis, Colorado Audi owners were in heaven. It was the first floor mat that covered the entire accelerator pedal to dead pedal and area to the left of the dead pedal to the door frame - trapping a gallon of slush, dirt and salt.

From looking at photos, Tuxmats look like the best sidewall coverage - although there are some YouTubes that question Tuxmat fit and how they hold up as floor mats with heavy foot traffic.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Sorry for starting a new thread but the 38 page Floor Mats thread seemed to just die out. Apologies in advance, Bobby et al

I agree that the Tuxmat appears to have the best overall coverage however, I really question whether the material will hold up. I was really hoping WeatherTech would finally put out a Lucid option but for whatever reason they haven't done so. Given the choice of the three you mentioned, the LinerX seems to be the best one.

I agree that the Tuxmat appears to have the best overall coverage however, I really question whether the material will hold up. I was really hoping WeatherTech would finally put out a Lucid option but for whatever reason they haven't done so. Given the choice of the three you mentioned, the LinerX seems to be the best one.

Thanks @SaratogaLefty

Here is a photo of the LinerX. The area to the left of the dead pedal is totally exposed. and a stock photo of the 3D. I have tried the 3D in person and the same carpet area is exposed. And a Tukmat courtesy of @chinesejpl

Attachments

• Liner x 71I86cOMwcL._AC_SL1249_.jpg
    Liner x 71I86cOMwcL._AC_SL1249_.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 330
  • 3d matts 71vnUEbkP6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    3d matts 71vnUEbkP6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 302
  • Tukmat 20230628_232409.jpg
    Tukmat 20230628_232409.jpg
    887.8 KB · Views: 300
I just replaced my 3dmats with tuxmats and am much happier with the coverage.

I've had both Tuxmats and 3D Mats, and to me they are equally durable - that is, very durable. 3D mats in a Tesla Model 3 and my Air GT, and Tuxmats in our Volvo EV.
In general I prefer Tuxmat due to their better coverage, particularly around the accelerator pedal.

I also purchased the 3-piece trunk package from Tuxmat.
Beware that this package actually does not have the mat for the top level trunk.
Select the option for rear top-level trunk, instead of the 3-piece if all you want is the trunk, top level.
The 3 piece package has 2 pieces for the frunk and 1 piece for the lower level trunk.

I also purchased the 3-piece trunk package from Tuxmat.
Beware that this package actually does not have the mat for the top level trunk.
Select the option for rear top-level trunk, instead of the 3-piece if all you want is the trunk, top level.
The 3 piece package has 2 pieces for the frunk and 1 piece for the lower level trunk.
I ordered all 4 Tuxmat for frunk and trunk, and they are perfect fit and coverage for the GT. I really love these as they have the lip coverage. I have the 3D mats for interior coverage but I only have to worry about sand and a little mud in LA :) They too are a great fit for the GT, great material, and look great. Easy to clean and wash and put back. Highly recommended for both brands depending on coverage you're looking for.

Thanks @DeaneG @Genghis @EVCar and @hydbob

Just the advice I was looking for. As a newbie, I love this forum!

Tuxmats explained the various trunk mats, and I have all four coming. I will order fronts as well.

You CA and AZ sunshine flatlander people are VERY fortunate now to have to worry about mag chloride.

FYI, took wife to dinner in Vail last night. We were the only locals. All the tables around us were people from AZ and CA escaping the heat.

Do you have pics? I really liked the *material* of the 3d mats. How does tux’s compare?

Do you have pics? I really liked the *material* of the 3d mats. How does tux’s compare?
Feels more like a rubberized canvas. The 3dmats actually feel more rubbery.
20230717_100757.jpg
20230717_100812.jpg
20230717_100844.jpg

You're welcome to check the Tuxmats in our Volvo if you wish - same material and construction as @hydbob 's.

Hydbob and others: I just went online to check out Tuxmat and 3-d mats for Touring. Tux at Site said front mats they did not fit. I thought only the rear mat had to be customized for Touring/Pure. 3-d listed front but no rear for Touring/Pure. Who makes a good set for Touring/Pure? I don’t really need them until iv/Dec here in Central Jersey, so are there any others in the works?

Can anyone confirm the fit of tuxmat trunk mats on Pure/Touring? Website says doesnt fit

They fit perfectly. Frunk and trunk. I have a full set in my Touring. Only the rear seat mats differ between Touring and GT, I was told.
I was assuming that too. Are you easily able to fold the trunk mat if you need to access the trunk "basement"? cant remember the right word right now lol

Back