Dead Pedal crunch

Keithmaj

Verified Owner
Cars
RX350, IB/Tahoe Touring
Referral Code
6EDNB149
Just received my Black/Tahoe last week and in general we're loving it! I did notice when getting into the car I put my left foot on the dead pedal area of the left side of the footwell to help me slide in. When doing so, I hear a crunching or crinkling sound and actually feel that area of the floor depress slightly. Is this normal?

Just received my Black/Tahoe last week and in general we're loving it! I did notice when getting into the car I put my left foot on the dead pedal area of the left side of the footwell to help me slide in. When doing so, I hear a crunching or crinkling sound and actually feel that area of the floor depress slightly. Is this normal?
Mine does not do that.

I had mine off when we did work on the nearby woofer. All that is behind it is carpet and then the aluminum body structure. It is held on by clips, no screws. If it is making a crunch, it may not be snapped in all the way. You can pull it off by giving it a sharp tug on the right edge. Take a look at the clios behind it and see if one isn’t engaging properly. Or, if that makes you squeamish, call service. I like taking things apart so it doesn’t bother me.

I had mine off when we did work on the nearby woofer. All that is behind it is carpet and then the aluminum body structure. It is held on by clips, no screws. If it is making a crunch, it may not be snapped in all the way. You can pull it off by giving it a sharp tug on the right edge. Take a look at the clios behind it and see if one isn’t engaging properly. Or, if that makes you squeamish, call service. I like taking things apart so it doesn’t bother me.

I noticed mine does that. More of a crunch feel than sound. I'm also guessing a clip not in place and might try what Bobby suggested as I like taking things apart as well. I also found the rubber boot around the base of the steering column was not fully clipped in place. Easy fix.

Pete

Mine also does that - just thought it was a quirk about the car. Will check it out.

Thanks!

Back