WANTED: Floor Mat "COVERAGE" Opinions from Owners of Tuxmat, 3D and LinerX

I have the 3d mats. Dont tempt me!
3d mats look more elegant but definitely less coverage
True, but with my the Santa Cruz interior, I had to do it. With snowy and rainy winters, the car 'gently" suggested I do so, otherwise it could be bad for me...and it kept mentioning that it knew where I lived :D

I have never seen elegant and floor mats in the same sentence. When your boots are covered in slush, sand mud and mag chloride, the last thing we think about in Colorado is elegance. Function over all else.

Last edited:
Are you easily able to fold the trunk mat if you need to access the trunk "basement"? cant remember the right word right now lol
Not really. I usually use the top trunk or bottom, but not both at the same time. If using the bottom trunk, I leave the cover and very well made Tuxmat cover at home.

I have never seen elegant and floor mats in the same sentence. When your boots are covered in slush, sand mud and mag chloride, the last thing we think about in Colorado is elegance. Function over all else.
True, but with my the Santa Cruz interior, I had to do it. With snowy and rainy winters, the car 'gently" suggested I do so, otherwise it could be bad for me...and it kept mentioning that it knew where I lived :D
In that case tuxmat would be no brainer. No snow in my area and rarely rains here so I can afford some exposed areas though it gets really hot here. A panel by the windshield driver side already partially detached

Not really. I usually use the top trunk or bottom, but not both at the same time. If using the bottom trunk, I leave the cover and very well made Tuxmat cover at home.
Hmmmm.. I sometimes need to grab items from the bottom but rarely. How flexible is the mat? Do you need to completely remove it to access the bottom or can force it to fold slightly?

Hmmmm.. I sometimes need to grab items from the bottom but rarely. How flexible is the mat? Do you need to completely remove it to access the bottom or can force it to fold slightly?
You can't fold, but you can bend it or get to the bottom, or pulling it out is easier. But it is flexible enough

Hydbob and others: I just went online to check out Tuxmat and 3-d mats for Touring. Tux at Site said front mats they did not fit. I thought only the rear mat had to be customized for Touring/Pure. 3-d listed front but no rear for Touring/Pure. Who makes a good set for Touring/Pure? I don’t really need them until iv/Dec here in Central Jersey, so are there any others in the works?
I got the Tuxmat for the front and they fit perfectly in my touring. Since the rears only fit the GT I ordered the LinerX for the rear and it works great.

Hello picking up my Air Touring tomorrow live in Seattle. If I am following this chat correctly it looks like TuxMats have won over LinerX for better coverage and fit? TIA.

Tuxmats have the best coverage, then 3D mats, then LinerX and factory mats, last are the mats that are flat and cut to order.

For anyone with a Touring or Pure, Tuxmat finally has mats available for you.

I had the LinerX briefly, sent them back and got the Tuxmats. They are great.

I had 3D mats for one day, sent them back and got Tuxmats. For Colorado, they are perfect. The best part of Tuxmats is the dead pedal and tunnel coverage near your right foot. Colorado ain't sunny southern California. 6 months of use and they look new. AND GOOD NEWS, they are just now back in stock (the rears were out of stock for Touring.)

I have the front tux mats and they are great. They didn’t have the tears so I got liner x for the rears. Is it worth getting the rear tux mats?

My tuxmat rears just came back in stock today, and were just shipped today. They look like great custom and deep and side coverage - but I think i have had ONE person in the rear for the last six months. Depends if you have rug rats with muddy or snowy or mag chloride encrusted shoes. Seeing you are from Toronto, you might go that way. Like you, I was looking at the LinerX as a backup, but held out for the Tuxmats

My tuxmat rears just came back in stock today, and were just shipped today. They look like great custom and deep and side coverage - but I think i have had ONE person in the rear for the last six months. Depends if you have rug rats with muddy or snowy or mag chloride encrusted shoes. Seeing you are from Toronto, you might go that way. Like you, I was looking at the LinerX as a backup, but held out for the Tuxmats
It may be worth it but you are right about the limited use. No longer have rug rats so not much use of the back seat. Thanks.

You might need more friends. 🤣

Tuxmat for the Touring came in stock last week. Installed them last night. I am pleased with the coverage, look, and feel. Pictures with the Tahoe interior.

Attachments

• IMG_3996.jpeg
    IMG_3996.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_3995.jpeg
    IMG_3995.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_3997.jpeg
    IMG_3997.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 90
Back