Wall Charger

Good point. I may still use the saddle/holster if I find moisture in there, just need to find one that can hold the plug at a right angle to the wall.
Could just loop it facing up and use a velcro strap to secure it in the up position.

Could just loop it facing up and use a velcro strap to secure it in the up position.
That could work too. I’ve plenty of time to test it before my car arrives :p

I posed this question in another thread but did not get a response. Many Dream Edition owners also own Tesla and probably have Tesla wall chargers installed in their garage. How are you charging your Lucid?

Upon delivery of my Lucid, I am considering use of my Tesla wall charger with a Tesla Tap mini adapter ( http://www.umc-j1772.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=17&product_id=160).

Thoughts?
Yes, I have Model S and Dream Edition.

I have 240V/50AMP outlet in the garage.

I ordered a Y connection and has both charger connected.

I use either or or for charging, as long as you charge one car at a time.

The Y connection is available in Amazon and it has to be for 240V/40AMP outlet.

A lot of people use these smart splitters, which are available for 30 amp and 50 amp circuits:

If anything wouldn't you want the plug to be facing up instead of hanging down? As tight as that plug is, in the current position moisture will probably get into that cap hanging like that. Just my $0.02
Sooooo....you were absolutely spot-on about this happening, no matter how tight the seal is on the charger plug. Went to check on it after the latest round of (fairly light) rain and it was filled.

Time to go install the holster...

Back