Vampire Drain

Are you near the car with your phone a lot? That would be the only reason Bluetooth would make a difference.

If so, you can turn off Bluetooth just for the Lucid app. You don't have to switch off Bluetooth for the entire phone.
That has to be it. I am within 15 ft from the car. 🙏

My car is loosing about 2% every day parked in the garage, garage temp is about 50 degrees. I Keys see are away from the car and I checked Bluetooth, on the phone it is disconnected. Any suggestions on what can I do, to stop the drain.

My car is loosing about 2% every day parked in the garage, garage temp is about 50 degrees. I Keys see are away from the car and I checked Bluetooth, on the phone it is disconnected. Any suggestions on what can I do, to stop the drain.
Are you constantly opening the app to check the status of your car? Also 50 degrees is a bit cold, it would be normal for it to be draining to keep the batteries warmer.

I know others are reporting this. I charged this morning At home on a L2 charger, as I posted in another thread, to 80%. The charge completed about 10am this morning. I unplugged, locked the car and it slept for about 3 hours. At about 1pm I go to the car for a short trip. The reading is down to 77% and the “since last charge” says I used 2 kWh. Really? In 3 hours? That is a rate of 16 kWh per day. Some rounding errors as 3% of the battery is 3.36 kWh. Tjhat is the equivalent to 24% in a day or about 27 kWh. This should not happen. Way too much drain on the batteries.
This used to happen to me, but my garage is on the other side of my bedroom.

I'll turn off my Bluetooth or exit the Lucid app completely, this made it only have a drain of 2 mi over the course of an entire day, and my garage is around 55 F

So that made a big difference for me, I didn't realize how often it would wake up due to the app or phone

Are you constantly opening the app to check the status of your car? Also 50 degrees is a bit cold, it would be normal for it to be draining to keep the batteries warmer.
I love my car so I do open couple of time a day to check on it. Guilty as charged. I will not open for next couple of days and post here how it goes

My garage is in the mid 50s overnight and I certainly don’t see this drain. I think you’re right about checking the app though.

Keep keys away or in a faraday pouch. Disable BT on your phone or change the security permission. Don't open the Lucid app. Keep you car in a garage at 70 degrees and your drain will be less than a mile per day.
Which Bluetooth on phone should I turn off? BT to lucid app? Lucid Air xxx? Lucid-xxxxx?Does that disable the phone key?

I just came back from a 2 week vacation in Palm Desert California. Our garage was in the mid 50 degrees.

We left with both my Lucid AGT and our new BMW i4M50 set at a 80% charge without being plugged into my garage charger.

While gone, I downloaded the latest software update to the Lucid.

Came back last night. The Lucid showed a 76% charge(losing only 4% in 2 weeks even with downloading the OTA 2 days ago and the BMWi4M50 showed 79% losing only 1% in 2 weeks.

A 4% loss for 2 weeks including a OTA software update is much better than I expected. I believe most of the losses are from the key fob waking up the car.

With the BMW, the car doors open only if you are about 3-5 feet away, with the Lucid it seems about 10-15 feet away.

I would not have any problem leaving the car without the charging cable plugged in for a 2 month trip if that is all it is losing.

Would be curious if anybody has left for long periods of time and what their results have been.

I just came back from a 2 week vacation in Palm Desert California. Our garage was in the mid 50 degrees.

We left with both my Lucid AGT and our new BMW i4M50 set at a 80% charge without being plugged into my garage charger.

While gone, I downloaded the latest software update to the Lucid.

Came back last night. The Lucid showed a 76% charge(losing only 4% in 2 weeks even with downloading the OTA 2 days ago and the BMWi4M50 showed 79% losing only 1% in 2 weeks.

A 4% loss for 2 weeks including a OTA software update is much better than I expected. I believe most of the losses are from the key fob waking up the car.

With the BMW, the car doors open only if you are about 3-5 feet away, with the Lucid it seems about 10-15 feet away.

I would not have any problem leaving the car without the charging cable plugged in for a 2 month trip if that is all it is losing.

Would be curious if anybody has left for long periods of time and what their results have been.
We are out of town for 5 days with car not plugged in and happy to report it last 2%. So it does look like we are waking it up too often for no reason.

I'm having quite a bit of drain as well. I set the charge to 65% and it always loses at least 1% after it's done when I unplug the next day. So I use the car, park in the garage and leave it. Today I checked (24H later) and I lose 35km (22 miles);it's 7C (45F) in the garage. I'm more than 15ft away from the garage separated by two walls so I don't believe I'm inadvertently unlocking the car.

I'm having quite a bit of drain as well. I set the charge to 65% and it always loses at least 1% after it's done when I unplug the next day. So I use the car, park in the garage and leave it. Today I checked (24H later) and I lose 35km (22 miles);it's 7C (45F) in the garage. I'm more than 15ft away from the garage separated by two walls so I don't believe I'm inadvertently unlocking the car.
22 miles is a lot for one night. Did you get an update? I think 2.0.50 just came out. Also, is your phone a registered FOB and if so is it anywhere near the car with Bluetooth on? Are you opening the Lucid phone app? That wakes the car up.

You may want to buy a Faraday bag and keep your FOBs inside the bag in your house. They are inexpensive and you can find them on Amazon. I just bought one, which I'm keeping in the glove box so that I can actually sit in my car with it turned off. I wish there was some way to turn off the lights and just sit in the car.

Let us know in another day or two if the drain continues.

I'm getting ready to park the Lucid at an airport in Cleveland parking deck for the week and our average temp this time of year is ~35 degrees. Has anyone left the car unplugged for the week at these temperatures and can advise on vampire drain?

Interestingly enough my charging session, which I set to daily going from 20% to 80% (I’m assuming Daily should be 80%) finished at 4AM. When I got in the car at 6AM, SOC was 75%, so that was a 5% vampire drain in only 2 hours, which is a lot more than I normally get (usually 1-2%). I did not lock the car with the Fob when I started charging overnight, so I wonder if the vehicle wasn’t appropriately asleep after charge finished. It was 71% SOC when I got to work which fits with my commute, so I’ll keep an eye on it and see what happens in the next 24hr. I did just do the software update so that’s probably gonna add drain to do the update.
I believe I have the same issue. This is my first electric car and I'm disappointed in the energy consumption when the car is standing still. It would be great if I could "turn the car off". What happens if the battery goes completely dead? How do I start a charge if I can't open the charging port?

I believe I have the same issue. This is my first electric car and I'm disappointed in the energy consumption when the car is standing still. It would be great if I could "turn the car off". What happens if the battery goes completely dead? How do I start a charge if I can't open the charging port?
How much phantom drain are you seeing? Most people see much less than 0.5% per day.

If you have auto lock set to “on” the car should go to sleep. I really wish they would implement a second press of the park button to put the car to sleep, so you could leave unlocked and yet let the car know you want
It to sleep.

How much phantom drain are you seeing? Most people see much less than 0.5% per day.
I bought the car in winter and didn't want to drive in the snow. The car sat for 4 months in the garage and went from full charge to 30%.

On a recent trip, I was driving to a charging station and initiated the pre-conditioning mode. Unfortunately, the charging station was non-functional when I arrived, and as I sat in the parking lot, trying to decide where to go, the car went from 18% to 15%.

Does the pre-conditioning mode use up a lot of power?

I turned off the lucid app Bluetooth and then put away the key in a faraday box. Vampire drain was reduced significantly.

I bought the car in winter and didn't want to drive in the snow. The car sat for 4 months in the garage and went from full charge to 30%.
That is a bit high but not a lot higher than most people are seeing. Were you checking on the car with the app to wake it up? That will use more energy.

On a recent trip, I was driving to a charging station and initiated the pre-conditioning mode. Unfortunately, the charging station was non-functional when I arrived, and as I sat in the parking lot, trying to decide where to go, the car went from 18% to 15%.

Does the pre-conditioning mode use up a lot of power?
If it is cold out, preconditioning is heating the battery and it will use a lot of energy.

Back