Using Fob, App & Card

rbbarry

What if you walk around using the fob, app and the card all the time? Is that not recommended? Will the car explode from overheating? o_O

i walk around my garage quite a lot with my phone in my pocket. if i use my phone as a key, is it going to unlock/awake the car every time my phone is nearby?

i walk around my garage quite a lot with my phone in my pocket. if i use my phone as a key, is it going to unlock/awake the car every time my phone is nearby?
Yes

So its funny cause in the "early days" of this forum members used to complain it took too long for the car to unlock and they had to get too close. Now my car unlocks as soon as I open the door from the house to the garage (three car garage and my Lucid is on the far side). As noted if I have my iPhone with me the car immediately unlocks and starts waking up. So if I'm just taking out the garbage or checking the mail, I quickly lock the car so it doesn't go through the entire waking up scenario.

So its funny cause in the "early days" of this forum members used to complain it took too long for the car to unlock and they had to get too close. Now my car unlocks as soon as I open the door from the house to the garage (three car garage and my Lucid is on the far side). As noted if I have my iPhone with me the car immediately unlocks and starts waking up. So if I'm just taking out the garbage or checking the mail, I quickly lock the car so it doesn't go through the entire waking up scenario.
I disabled my phone key for that exact same reason. Would run out to the garage for something and the car would fire up immediately. Actually, I disabled the fob proximity as well. I sorta like knowing that I have to lock/unlock using the fob, and it has never not worked-- feels like every other car.

One thing I have noticed is that if I lock the car with my fob, I can stay in the vicinity and move around and it doesn't unlock again, even if I re-approach the car. I find this very smart. I have to move 20' or so away for it to automatically open again upon approach.

One thing I have noticed is that if I lock the car with my fob, I can stay in the vicinity and move around and it doesn't unlock again, even if I re-approach the car. I find this very smart. I have to move 20' or so away for it to automatically open again upon approach.
Similar
I spent the day working in the garage the car literally just outside the garage - so within 20’
I locked it after I moved it, and although I had the phone and fob it stayed locked / off

You can do that? How?
I don't recall the exact screen but it is under Settings (gear icon) --> Profiles. There is a toggle button for "Detect Keys" or something similar to that. Hopefully, that's right (or gets you close enough). Let me know if not, and I'll look when I'm in the car next.

Back