Turn Radio Off

How do I turn the radio off?
Could you please clarify the question? Is it always on? You can go into the media app on the car and either switch stations, or pause the radio, or anything else you need to do.

“Pause” it using the steering wheel button or display.

I looked for pause in the media app but didn't find it. The steering wheel dial lowers the volume but it goes on again when I leave and return to the car.

Sound system is always on, I think, it is just a matter of whether you can hear it. Either pause it as previously suggested or mute it. Not sure sound system will remain muted/paused each time you get in the car.

I looked for pause in the media app but didn't find it. The steering wheel dial lowers the volume but it goes on again when I leave and return to the car.
Pause button is on the upper screen below the title whatever you are hearing. Does not survive a restart.

Thanks. Will pause keep it off. I don't want it to come on every time I get in the as it has been.
I found that anytime Highway Assist warned me to keep my hands on the steering wheel, the music would resume. I don't know if this bug was fixed in 2.0.35, I have not had a chance to try.

Thanks. Will pause keep it off. I don't want it to come on every time I get in the as it has been.
I have the same desire. And would prefer not to have to turn the volume all the way down. I used to have to do this with my Model S. And then I wouldn’t hear people on the phone when picking up calls b/c I forgot I had the volume down. Frustrating. Don’t know if Tesla has since updated.

Interestingly, the radio originally never automatically came on when I entered the car (volume set at mid range)…-until- I tried out the SeriusXM beta. Now the radio auto comes on when I enter…but not all the time.

I’ve tried the pause button, and sometimes it seems to “remember” it the next time I enter, but not always. I’ve also tried switching to something I haven’t yet set up an account for (e.g., Spotify or Tidal). But radio seems to sometimes kick over to Sirius when I enter and start playing.

Would love a fix for this, as I seldom listen to the audio (the near silent cabin is quite enjoyable for me).

I have the same desire. And would prefer not to have to turn the volume all the way down. I used to have to do this with my Model S. And then I wouldn’t hear people on the phone when picking up calls b/c I forgot I had the volume down. Frustrating. Don’t know if Tesla has since updated.

Interestingly, the radio originally never automatically came on when I entered the car (volume set at mid range)…-until- I tried out the SeriusXM beta. Now the radio auto comes on when I enter…but not all the time.

I’ve tried the pause button, and sometimes it seems to “remember” it the next time I enter, but not always. I’ve also tried switching to something I haven’t yet set up an account for (e.g., Spotify or Tidal). But radio seems to sometimes kick over to Sirius when I enter and start playing.

Would love a fix for this, as I seldom listen to the audio (the near silent cabin is quite enjoyable for me).
I have the same issue and the same desire to keep it off. The radio at times will begin even as I approach the car and it unlocks.
At times the toggle switch will silence it at others it will not. On one occasion after selecting music it showed " no media selected" and the pause button didn't present itself so there wasn't any method to stop it and could only reduce volume.
These occurrences are random and not everytime I get in the car. My wife calls it the ghost radio as it will suddenly engage as we are driving down the road.

I have the same issue and the same desire to keep it off. The radio at times will begin even as I approach the car and it unlocks.
At times the toggle switch will silence it at others it will not. On one occasion after selecting music it showed " no media selected" and the pause button didn't present itself so there wasn't any method to stop it and could only reduce volume.
These occurrences are random and not everytime I get in the car. My wife calls it the ghost radio as it will suddenly engage as we are driving down the road.
I “solved” this problem in my Tesla by always using my phone for all media over Bluetooth. Since my iPhone doesn’t auto play, I get into the car and — nothing.

I suspect I’ll do the same in the Lucid, only via CarPlay.

Because Apple, unlike many other companies, gets me.

Auto-play is one of the biggest annoyances in the known universe. Still ticks me off that due to other people’s laziness in pressing a stupid button, I have to suffer with music blasting at me whenever I start a car.

One of those things that makes me despise the human race, to be honest.

Auto-play is one of the biggest annoyances in the known universe. Still ticks me off that due to other people’s laziness in pressing a stupid button, I have to suffer with music blasting at me whenever I start a car.
It’s really funny because I couldn’t feel more differently. As a musician with ADHD, I can’t imagine driving silent - it would stress me out, haha.

I do hope they eventually make it an option, though, since choice is good.

Looking for ideas to adjust default volume. Every time I start up car the volume level of the audio system (spotify, radio, sirius, etc.) is playing and set to a louder level than I desire.
I have tried adjusting volume level in pilot panel/mechanics symbol/audio section, switching user profiles, and rebooting car with valet card but car always defaults back to same volume level which I must turn down before driving off.

Any ideas of other things to try?

Also unsure about how to adjust volume of navigation voice/aid (oddly that is to quiet in comparison).

Looking for ideas to adjust default volume. Every time I start up car the volume level of the audio system (spotify, radio, sirius, etc.) is playing and set to a louder level than I desire.
I have tried adjusting volume level in pilot panel/mechanics symbol/audio section, switching user profiles, and rebooting car with valet card but car always defaults back to same volume level which I must turn down before driving off.

Any ideas of other things to try?

Also unsure about how to adjust volume of navigation voice/aid (oddly that is to quiet in comparison).
I find it annoying as well, as the volume is higher than what I want. Should not have to turn it down every single time I get into the car.

I find it annoying as well, as the volume is higher than what I want. Should not have to turn it down every single time I get into the car.
My suggestion first and foremost is to file a complaint with Lucid. Let them know you’d like to be able to set a default start volume. And while you are at it, ask for an option to not auto play when you wake up the car.

I know I’ll be filing both once I get my car.

Reactions: NPN
My suggestion first and foremost is to file a complaint with Lucid. Let them know you’d like to be able to set a default start volume. And while you are at it, ask for an option to not auto play when you wake up the car.

OK.

I find that when I exit the car, if I press the Right toggle switch to mute it, upon returning, the radio is still muted.

That said, the volume doesn't stay where it was and I have to turn it down every time.

I find that when I exit the car, if I press the Right toggle switch to mute it, upon returning, the radio is still muted.

That said, the volume doesn't stay where it was and I have to turn it down every time.
I have tried that as well. However, at times, the toggle switch doesn't work to mute it then I'm stuck turning volume down or walking away from a locked car with music still playing.

New AGT owner here with the same issue about default startup volume. How exactly do I file a complaint (complaint is probably too strong a word in this case) with Lucid? thanks.

Back