Powering off car when work being done on it.

bill1745

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Pure
I am going to have my windows tinted in a few days. I anticipate the shop wanting to know how to turn the car off while they install the tinting, which will take a couple of hours. Is it possible to power off the car in such circumstances? I thought perhaps if they just put the remote where the car cannot sense it (maybe a Faraday bag), then the car would power down with the doors unlocked. I looked around in the owner's manual, but couldn't find the answer. Thanks in advance.

Bill

A faraday pouch for them will work. Assuming they've done other Lucids before (which I sure hope they have so you aren't their first as the window tint process has a few extra steps in it from what ive heard compared to other cars), they should have their own pouch or method of keeping the fob far away.

I don't exactly recall as I'm not an installer, but I just recall reading somewhere on the forum that there were some extra steps necessary when taking the door apart or whatever the terminology was to get like "in" the window, so to say? I think my installer (Chicago Auto Pros) also told me something about that but it kind of went over my head 😅 The shop I went with was quite pricey on the quote but they have one of the best reputations in the industry in my area. If anything goes wrong with the install, Lucid will not cover damages/fixes under warranty (which makes sense), so it was important to me to find someone who had experience doing other Lucids (they had done 7 or so back in 2023, Feb when I got my Touring). Best of luck!

The door trim must be removed to get the tint to the bottom of the window itself. A good shop knows to do this and you should never know it was done after they finish.
I called three Lucid Service Centers in SoCal, all said that door disassembly is not required to properly tint, and one laughed and said a few tint shops are saying that to justify expensive tint jobs.

I called three Lucid Service Centers in SoCal, all said that door disassembly is not required to properly tint, and one laughed and said a few tint shops are saying that to justify expensive tint jobs.
Technically, you do not need to remove the door trim. You can do it without. You will fine it does not go all the way to the edges if you do that, due to the weird frameless / semi-framed windows on the Air.

A good, reputable shop will disassemble the door trim to make it perfect; that’s not a scam. I’ve seen the difference because I had it done both ways.

If you’re fine with “good enough,” then by all means go to the shop that will do it out without any disassembly. :)

Technically, you do not need to remove the door trim. You can do it without. You will fine it does not go all the way to the edges if you do that, due to the weird frameless / semi-framed windows on the Air.

A good, reputable shop will disassemble the door trim to make it perfect; that’s not a scam. I’ve seen the difference because I had it done both ways.

If you’re fine with “good enough,” then by all means go to the shop that will do it out without any disassembly. :)
Thank you. I will take a look at the windows again.

Back