Turn Radio Off

I have a very odd issue that is not a Lucid issue but interesting, nonetheless. When I'm listening to a news channel on SXM and one of those annoying commercials comes on, I press the mute button on the steering wheel. Assuming the commercial is still playing while muted, when I unmute, it picks up the commercial where it left off! I've resorted to just manual lowering the volume (thank goodness for the wheel on the dash). That does not pause the annoying commercial.

I have a very odd issue that is not a Lucid issue but interesting, nonetheless. When I'm listening to a news channel on SXM and one of those annoying commercials comes on, I press the mute button on the steering wheel. Assuming the commercial is still playing while muted, when I unmute, it picks up the commercial where it left off! I've resorted to just manual lowering the volume (thank goodness for the wheel on the dash). That does not pause the annoying commercial.
Yes, and I think it's because this is the streaming version and not the live feed. So it'll just pause your program.

The pause button on the music screen should stop the music playing. I only have music on about a third of the time, so I know it works. Music will not come back on when restarting.

Now there is a bug where the music comes on when you come out of a dead zone, but the pause button stops it.

Hit pause for the commercial, then when you go back to the music hit the FF to skip the commercial and go live.

Auto-play is one of the biggest annoyances in the known universe. Still ticks me off that due to other people’s laziness in pressing a stupid button, I have to suffer with music blasting at me whenever I start a car.

One of those things that makes me despise the human race, to be honest.
The wife's Mazda does this with a time delay. Every. Single. Time. I get in the passngr seat and in about 30 seconds I'm ambushed with
"Hamilton ! ..." (when will she get sick of that music?). I ask could you please make that not play every time I'm with you...it hurts!" She says can't be done. Now I've learned to put my left hand on the volume knob before I even click the seatbelt.

I have noticed a change in the radio with the recent updates. One of my problems is the Lucid volume control over the phone works differently from the way it works in the E63s ... I have to do it from the phone... the volume knob on the wheel does not have enough range...this hasn't been an issue with just over the air broadcasts. Good news is I got my podcasts to link to the car...and it's wonderful because the car is so quiet. I would love to be able to play my CDs ... sigh. I haven't tried any of the weird icons that come up -- they are all subscription? They ask me to go on line or something and I"m not interested in that much immersion for something I don't know what the heck it is.
The source quality of the FM broadcasts is not up to the quailty (I suspect from what others say) of the audio system, but I would love to hear the full range and power of the audio from a hi-fidelity source. I used to be a high-end audio geek...sold it all off when I realized how much rock concerts ruined my hearing range...I paid a small fortune tuning my listening room and collecting exotic gear, and have ears that can barely reach the range of a transistor radio from the early 60s. Still, somehow, despite the tinnitus, I can still tell high fidelity when I hear it.

I have the same desire. And would prefer not to have to turn the volume all the way down. I used to have to do this with my Model S. And then I wouldn’t hear people on the phone when picking up calls b/c I forgot I had the volume down. Frustrating. Don’t know if Tesla has since updated.

Interestingly, the radio originally never automatically came on when I entered the car (volume set at mid range)…-until- I tried out the SeriusXM beta. Now the radio auto comes on when I enter…but not all the time.

I’ve tried the pause button, and sometimes it seems to “remember” it the next time I enter, but not always. I’ve also tried switching to something I haven’t yet set up an account for (e.g., Spotify or Tidal). But radio seems to sometimes kick over to Sirius when I enter and start playing.

Would love a fix for this, as I seldom listen to the audio (the near silent cabin is quite enjoyable for me).
Might be better to select the bluetooth rather than pause. That should survive restart.

I have the same issue and the same desire to keep it off. The radio at times will begin even as I approach the car and it unlocks.
At times the toggle switch will silence it at others it will not. On one occasion after selecting music it showed " no media selected" and the pause button didn't present itself so there wasn't any method to stop it and could only reduce volume.
These occurrences are random and not everytime I get in the car. My wife calls it the ghost radio as it will suddenly engage as we are driving down the road.
I have the same problem with my radio. As soon as I unlock the vehicle, it often (but not always) comes on even if I had turned it off when last exiting the vehicle. It's annoying and distracting especially if I am trying to have a conversation with someone.

Unless you pause the streaming or lower the volume, it will be where you left off. Rivian is the same. These new vehicle device has no on/off or start button.

I have found a good way to "Turn off" music. With the music active, I "pull" the Audio panel down to the Pilot Panel, which brings up the screen "audio source" looking screen. I click on Bluetooth and the music stops (because I'm no streaming music from my phone).

For example, I listen to Tidal. I pull down the pilot panel, and select Bluetooth. Now, the stream coming from Tidal is no longer being directed to the audio amp & speakers.

Problem solved.

I have the same problem with my radio. As soon as I unlock the vehicle, it often (but not always) comes on even if I had turned it off when last exiting the vehicle. It's annoying and distracting especially if I am trying to have a conversation with someone.
See my workaround to this problem

I have the same issue and the same desire to keep it off. The radio at times will begin even as I approach the car and it unlocks.
At times the toggle switch will silence it at others it will not. On one occasion after selecting music it showed " no media selected" and the pause button didn't present itself so there wasn't any method to stop it and could only reduce volume.
These occurrences are random and not everytime I get in the car. My wife calls it the ghost radio as it will suddenly engage as we are driving down the road.

How do I turn the radio off?

It's very easy for me - I just set my audio source to SXM and, since it hasn't worked with the last 2 updates, voila, no sound!
Same solution I use but WHY in this price point luxury car. Same with lights.... need to be able to turn them off and keep car live...hell, they might bring back great drive-in theaters. That said and done, I do believe Lucid will continue to update the Air until it has all the creature comforts we keep asking for. I tend to give more patience to Lucid since the car is so damn much fun to drive.

It’s really funny because I couldn’t feel more differently. As a musician with ADHD, I can’t imagine driving silent - it would stress me out, haha.

I do hope they eventually make it an option, though, since choice is good.
I would usually agree. But yesterday was a good example, for me, of why it is useful. I was spending the afternoon with my young grandkids (3 & 1) and then the entire family and I went out for dinner. I had DVR'd the Super Bowl game and didn't want to see or hear what was happening so I could watch it later that evening when I got home. We found a restaurant that had no TV and I kept the radio off so I wouldn't hear a random DJ comment. It worked for me and I was able to enjoy the game last night.

I would usually agree. But yesterday was a good example, for me, of why it is useful. I was spending the afternoon with my young grandkids (3 & 1) and then the entire family and I went out for dinner. I had DVR'd the Super Bowl game and didn't want to see or hear what was happening so I could watch it later that evening when I got home. We found a restaurant that had no TV and I kept the radio off so I wouldn't hear a random DJ comment. It worked for me and I was able to enjoy the game last night.

We are very different people. 🤣

Back