track day...

Deisic

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT, Rivian R1S
Did a performance driving school today at the Utah Motor Campus. Had to cut it short because of a drive unit fault error. It cleared up after doing the blinker reset. But service told me I should probably just go home. Wasted $500 on the class and another $500 on track day insurance. I have a feeling it had to do with something overheating or getting near overheating as I got turtle mode, etc.

Anyone end up in a similar circumstance? Did you ever end up finding out what the issue was? If it was overheating, I really wish the error could indicate that as I would of just stayed and let the car cool down. Its such a beast on the track, especially on straightaways. And I really do want to take it out more...

As an update to this issue, service came and took a look at it and the internal error code indicated that there was a torque vectoring error, where both motors were no longer in sync on rotation or something to that effect. It happened while coming into/out of a corner...So must of took a corner too hard and the computer freaked out, which is why after I reset it, everything was fine.

Did a performance driving school today at the Utah Motor Campus. Had to cut it short because of a drive unit fault error. It cleared up after doing the blinker reset. But service told me I should probably just go home. Wasted $500 on the class and another $500 on track day insurance. I have a feeling it had to do with something overheating or getting near overheating as I got turtle mode, etc.

Anyone end up in a similar circumstance? Did you ever end up finding out what the issue was? If it was overheating, I really wish the error could indicate that as I would of just stayed and let the car cool down. Its such a beast on the track, especially on straightaways. And I really do want to take it out more...
Are you in Utah? We have a Utah thread here. Glad to see more Utah owners.

But also, I haven't had the issue, but I never pushed it very hard on track days.

That sucks. I hope you get to do it again and give us feedback on how it all went.

Back