Touring Delivery Tracker [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Lucid email regarding ordering:

"To be completely clear, you don’t have to place an order now and your reservation will remain in place — we’re doing this to help those who want to do everything possible to maintain eligibility for the federal tax credit. If you don’t wish to place an order now, you’ll still have the opportunity to do so closer to your vehicle’s production date. Please note that placing an order now will not alter the expected delivery timelines for Touring and Pure."

I mean, that's pretty straightforward, as far as I'm concerned.

Happy to be wrong about this. But I think it's likely our "orders" are not considered "confirmations" in the way they have meant for the GT and Dream thus far. After all, they weren't followed up with finalization of options, etc.

I think it more likely Lucid will reach out to everyone in reservation order to do an actual confirmation. Anyone who does not respond or who indicates they want a metal roof, 20-inch wheels, Surreal Sound (not pro) will be pushed back, while everyone else will be put in the queue as they confirm.
Davey & Joe,
As a new member to the LUCID Owners Forum and one of the earliest reservation holders [Mar '20] for the Touring trim, I have been monitoring order placement & delivery scheduling attentively and I believe both of you have points of interest that equate to who is prioritized to receive the Touring [and/or Pure] trims first. I reside in the Phoenix market and spoke with a couple of the LUCID reps at the newly completed Scottsdale Service Center [previously the HQ for Barrett/Jackson] and the conversation centered around when the Touring trim would be delivered to those of us that had reserved early on, optioned to convert our reservation to an [contract] order, and identified options/features to the Touring trim consistent with the GT production life cycle (e.g., opting for glass canopy, etc.).
And I walked away from the conversation understanding the prioritization of assembly & delivery will evaluate the reservation holders': date of reservation, reservation conversion to order [contract], Touring [and/or Pure] options, and other identifying factors (e.g., location of delivery, etc.).

I, like so many forum members, are eager to take possession of our cars [as my wife & I ordered two] as we have been waiting well over 2 1/2 years. However there are pragmatic factors involved with which "contract order" holders will be prioritized first to receive their Air. Although I believe several factors have been discussed [here] there are some business operation factors that have not. As LUCID assesses all factors I am hopeful to see early reservation holders notify [us] across the Owners Forum of their Airs going into assembly and issued [tentative] delivery dates (hopefully before Christmas).

What is unknown at this point is how your "options" will impact your place in the queue. For the GT, they come fully optioned, thus your car delivery was impacted as follows
(PURE SPECULATION ON MY PART)
1. Earliest people to plunk down their deposit would get the "first call" to confirm their order and do their final car configurations.
2. If they opted to delay their confirmation, Lucid would call the next people in line and so on. If they later decided to confirm, they would get slid into the earliest open slot available.
3. You choice of color impacted when you'd get your car. My rudimentary knowledge would be that they paint cars all the same color for a defined period of time (week? 2 weeks? ) and then switch to the next color. So, maybe for 10 days, nothing but red cars are coming off the line, then black cars for 10 days, then white cars for 10 days etc.
4. Silver.....sorry you are still waiting - totally not fair for you, but I hope it is worth it in the end.

For Touring - this will be the first trim where your options may impact your delivery date. We know that metal roofs, 20" wheels, and non upgraded stereos will put you back in the queue and likely no sooner than 2023. It is not clear if Dream Drive vs Dream Drive Pro will impact your place in line. We do know that if you want to get that tasty "Stealth" upgrade, you definitely will be getting the car in 2023 (too bad, it is very nice....).

I read the gov't website on the tax credit and am a bit concerned about the written binding contract definition.
Cut/Paste here

What Is a Written Binding Contract?​

In general, a written contract is binding if it is enforceable under State law and does not limit damages to a specified amount (for example, by use of a liquidated damages provision or the forfeiture of a deposit). While the enforceability of a contract under State law is a facts-and-circumstances determination to be made under relevant State law, if a customer has made a significant non-refundable deposit or down payment, it is an indication of a binding contract. For tax purposes in general, a contract provision that limits damages to an amount equal to at least 5 percent of the total contract price is not treated as limiting damages to a specified amount. For example, if a customer has made a non-refundable deposit or down payment of 5 percent of the total contract price, it is an indication of a binding contract. A contract is binding even if subject to a condition, as long as the condition is not within the control of either party. A contract will continue to be binding if the parties make insubstantial changes in its terms and conditions.

So, does this mean that because our non-refundable deposits are ONLY $1,000 (or $300) that they will not be considered for the transition, because they are not at least 5%. There was some discussion that it was EITHER a non-refundable deposit OR a down payment of 5% that qualified. But, given the context of the previous sentence in blue, is it really a non-refundable deposit of 5% OR a downpayment of 5% that qualify.

My poor Orky brain hurts with legaleez.

All valid points Cody! Thanks for airing out your thoughts on the tax & contract implications. I see these as additional contributing business and/or operational factors used to prioritize who's Air begins the production assembly cycle first, next, etc.
As a side note, one of our Touring editions [mine] will be silver, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the last few GTs are painted silver.

Ordered my Pure on May 27, 2022 and upgraded to Touring Cosmos Silver, Mojave Interior, 20” Aero Lite - on Aug 12, 2022. Decided to upgrade with all the options and was able to get my Touring pricing before the price increases. Also confirmed my order before the IRA was signed. Seems there aren't many ordering Cosmos Silver. Would appreciate anyone's thoughts and guesses on when to expect delivery. Maybe a long way off.

Ordered my Pure on May 27, 2022 and upgraded to Touring Cosmos Silver, Mojave Interior, 20” Aero Lite - on Aug 12, 2022. Decided to upgrade with all the options and was able to get my Touring pricing before the price increases. Also confirmed my order before the IRA was signed. Seems there aren't many ordering Cosmos Silver. Would appreciate anyone's thoughts and guesses on when to expect delivery. Maybe a long way off.
Ya I’m in the same boat, I ordered my touring on June 2021, and talked to my DA, two weeks ago who said they would be reaching out in a matter of weeks to confirm the order so everyday I’m checking my email…

Look at the current pace of gt March confirmed Aug VIN and Sep or Oct potential delivery. I hear that interest in touring is less than gt. lucid announced intent to start production of Touring and pure in Dec, i am waiting for fully loaded pure with every option except the larger wheels. I am guessing that you and I will be invited to confirm order in November, vin assigned April and delivery in June. We have to wait till Nov quarterly report to see if my guess is close

Look at the current pace of gt March confirmed Aug VIN and Sep or Oct potential delivery. I hear that interest in touring is less than gt. lucid announced intent to start production of Touring and pure in Dec, i am waiting for fully loaded pure with every option except the larger wheels. I am guessing that you and I will be invited to confirm order in November, vin assigned April and delivery in June. We have to wait till Nov quarterly report to see if my guess is close
I will loose my sh*t and pull out if this goes until April

I will loose my sh*t and pull out if this goes until April
I know the feeling. I don't like it either. What other choice do we have? If we order Model S even that will take 6 to 8 months from order. That would be Feb to April. If you believe that Lucid is better than Model S, what is the harm if it takes 2 to 3 more months than Model S? See examples like this for GT "zenith red confirmed 3/9, VIN on 8/16". So far VIN to delivery has been 4 to 6 weeks . Lucid in the last quarterly report only mentioned that production will start in Dec for T and Pure. What does that mean if you think back? Will they accept confirmed orders more than 2 months before production? BTW, so far in every quarterly report, they guided down the production targets. To meet their 12k target in 2022 they need to ramp up for 1400 in the 1st 6 months to a whopping 10600 in the 2nd 6 months. In Nov when they report the numbers, let us see if they even report 4000 for Q3 and forecast 6000 in Q4. So, we cannot be too optimistic. That said most Lucid owners seem happy that they waited.

I know the feeling. I don't like it either. What other choice do we have? If we order Model S even that will take 6 to 8 months from order. That would be Feb to April. If you believe that Lucid is better than Model S, what is the harm if it takes 2 to 3 more months than Model S? See examples like this for GT "zenith red confirmed 3/9, VIN on 8/16". So far VIN to delivery has been 4 to 6 weeks . Lucid in the last quarterly report only mentioned that production will start in Dec for T and Pure. What does that mean if you think back? Will they accept confirmed orders more than 2 months before production? BTW, so far in every quarterly report, they guided down the production targets. To meet their 12k target in 2022 they need to ramp up for 1400 in the 1st 6 months to a whopping 10600 in the 2nd 6 months. In Nov when they report the numbers, let us see if they even report 4000 for Q3 and forecast 6000 in Q4. So, we cannot be too optimistic. That said most Lucid owners seem happy that they waited.

I don’t ever recall seeing production for touring in December, they always said Q4 can you show me where this was mentioned?…and even so, assuming 4-6 weeks that would put us at February assuming the end of December. Q4 starts in October so they should be able to produce and deliver routings in quarter especially since production is ramping quickly. I have a deposit on a R1S too, and it’s basically up to who can call me first at this point.

I don’t ever recall seeing production for touring in December, they always said Q4 can you show me where this was mentioned?…and even so, assuming 4-6 weeks that would put us at February assuming the end of December. Q4 starts in October so they should be able to produce and deliver routings in quarter especially since production is ramping quickly. I have a deposit on a R1S too, and it’s basically up to who can call me first at this point.
BY the way the reduced the guidance to only 6k by end for 2022 and produced 1400 in the first 6 months. https://topelectricsuv.com/news/lucid/lucid-air-updates/ "Manufacturing of the Touring and Pure variants will start by the end of 2022." In their Q2 report they said "Deliveries of Aire Pure and Touring later this year" Their current track record is 5 months confirmed order to VIN for GT and then 2 to 6 weeks for delivery. Given the fact that you do not have confirmed order now, I find it very hard to believe that 4 months from now they will deliver a single Touring or Pure in any configuration. 20k guidance of Q4 21 became 12k in Q1 22 and 6k in Q2 22. I will be very surprised if I am invited to finalize my order in October. I will not be surprised if they deliver 5k total in 2022 and most of them will be GT.

Totally makes sense completely can see that happening; I’m just praying to God it doesn’t…I’m choosing to be optimistic that they had that stoppage in June, to really iron it out in the processes; their delivery lots have been very full for the last few weeks as they continue to push out deliveries, so the thought is they are going to continue to increase. 7k sounds like an awfully low target, I used to hope they would be under promising and over delivering because I know that is important to them (despite their misses) they HAVE TO DELIVER. I totally believe in the company and the leadership here way more than Rivian, and I still think Lucid will be much bigger. But Rivian, only had a couple of months of a jump on production on Lucid and they had the same extended shut down and now they are running 3 different production models out of that facility at a target of 25k that I think they are actually going to beat…There is a lot of pressure and they have to execute.

BY the way the reduced the guidance to only 6k by end for 2022 and produced 1400 in the first 6 months. https://topelectricsuv.com/news/lucid/lucid-air-updates/ "Manufacturing of the Touring and Pure variants will start by the end of 2022." In their Q2 report they said "Deliveries of Aire Pure and Touring later this year" Their current track record is 5 months confirmed order to VIN for GT and then 2 to 6 weeks for delivery. Given the fact that you do not have confirmed order now, I find it very hard to believe that 4 months from now they will deliver a single Touring or Pure in any configuration. 20k guidance of Q4 21 became 12k in Q1 22 and 6k in Q2 22. I will be very surprised if I am invited to finalize my order in October. I will not be surprised if they deliver 5k total in 2022 and most of them will be GT.
Lucid's official written statement is that they "anticipate beginning initial production of Touring and Pure trims in Q4 2022 with deliveries likely to occur in 2023," as per their email back in August when converting order to non-refundable order.

It would be optimistic at this time to presume February for delivery. Although, if anything, initial deliveries would likely comprise of early reservation holders of the Touring/Pure trim and favoring certain configurations. Unless they quickly fix their logistics issue and dramatically ramp up production soon, I'd anticipate a mid-late Q2 delivery like HariK forecasts.

Totally makes sense completely can see that happening; I’m just praying to God it doesn’t…I’m choosing to be optimistic that they had that stoppage in June, to really iron it out in the processes; their delivery lots have been very full for the last few weeks as they continue to push out deliveries, so the thought is they are going to continue to increase. 7k sounds like an awfully low target, I used to hope they would be under promising and over delivering because I know that is important to them (despite their misses) they HAVE TO DELIVER. I totally believe in the company and the leadership here way more than Rivian, and I still think Lucid will be much bigger. But Rivian, only had a couple of months of a jump on production on Lucid and they had the same extended shut down and now they are running 3 different production models out of that facility at a target of 25k that I think they are actually going to beat…There is a lot of pressure and they have to execute.
Rivian uses almost entirely off the shelf parts, so has much less in terms of things to design and get right for the first time. Not an excuse, but the problems are different.

Rivian uses almost entirely off the shelf parts, so has much less in terms of things to design and get right for the first time. Not an excuse, but the problems are different.
I would think of rivian rather than wait for lucid gravity but then I decided to get Fisker Ocean extreme projected to be delivered starting late July 23. What I don't like about rivian even if it were to be available right now is barely 2 miles per KWh and it takes a long time to get to 80% on a DC fast charger. Also I don't need a 7 seater. Not a fan of trucks because I need 5 seats plus 2 dogs in the passenger cabin.

I’ve been banging the same drum for months on this, but Lucid HAS to increase production speed at some point. When that happens is anyone’s guess, but assuming that it will take them just as long to produce a car a year from now as it has taken them this year is extraordinarily pessimistic. With zero ramp up, they will end up delivering under 3k cars this entire year. That would be a complete disaster for them, after dropping estimates twice already.

The people who confirmed way back in March sat through a few months with basically zero production going on. So shave those months off your estimates immediately.

I don’t expect many Touring deliveries this year, either. But I also don’t think the first ones will be delivered in June.

My guess is the bulk of the Touring reservations will be delivered BY June (if there are indeed as few of them as I think). With a chunk of them showing up as early as February or March.

I still expect confirmations for Touring to begin in September or October.

I’ve been banging the same drum for months on this, but Lucid HAS to increase production speed at some point. When that happens is anyone’s guess, but assuming that it will take them just as long to produce a car a year from now as it has taken them this year is extraordinarily pessimistic. With zero ramp up, they will end up delivering under 3k cars this entire year. That would be a complete disaster for them, after dropping estimates twice already.

The people who confirmed way back in March sat through a few months with basically zero production going on. So shave those months off your estimates immediately.

I don’t expect many Touring deliveries this year, either. But I also don’t think the first ones will be delivered in June.

My guess is the bulk of the Touring reservations will be delivered BY June (if there are indeed as few of them as I think). With a chunk of them showing up as early as February or March.

I still expect confirmations for Touring to begin in September or October.
Yes. I think so too.

Ya I’m in the same boat, I ordered my touring on June 2021, and talked to my DA, two weeks ago who said they would be reaching out in a matter of weeks to confirm the order so everyday I’m checking my email…
Please keep us posted if/when that happens. I reserved back in Oct 2020 and I haven't heard anything other than I will likely hear from them by the end of the year to confirm my order.

Please keep us posted if/when that happens. I reserved back in Oct 2020 and I haven't heard anything other than I will likely hear from them by the end of the year to confirm my order.
Bummer. If anyone including those who ordered Touring or even base Pure has to wait till December that could mean delivery in June. Back in Nov 21 when I heard that the production target was 20k in 2022, I thought that dream edition would well under 1000, gt would 6000 T would be 2000 and the rest would be pure. They had 17k reservations back then which led me to believe that all the deliveries could be completed by Dec 2022. Now it is a very different story on top of so many software issues which may affect the basic functions. I really like Peter Rawlinson but he is cto and not meant to be ceo. Supply chain issues were well known back in Nov 21 due to covid.

I reserved in March of 21. I also talked to Lucid & they told
me the same thing. I will not hold my breath for the next few weeks. Why should we believe anything they say. Sounds like they are Spending their energy on building new plants & developing new super models. Before you run you must Learn to crawl. They haven’t learned to WALK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back