May 28, 2022SilverMojave@DRWHO42
May 30, 2022RedTahoe@jackie.long
May 31, 2022RedSanta Cruz@Dr Chill
May 31, 2022. White. Santa Cruz

Reactions: Joe
Reserved Touring March 17, 22. Gray, Mohave

Air Touring Not configured. Ordered 10/27/2020. Confirmed 8/11/2022
When you say confirmed, are you saying that Lucid Motors confirmed your order and started the (long) process of delivery???

Touring, stellar white, Mojave interior no DD Pro, and upgraded surreal sound. Ordered June 2021

I confirmed my 2 touring reservations today. No reason not to as far as I'm concerned. If I don't want to keep either car after I take delivery, they'll be sold. The recent price increase and scarcity of the cars should prevent losing $.
Has anyone been able to see any activity on secondary markets? I’ve been monitoring OVE, Mannheim, eBay, and only found 3 AGT’s that have bills of sale…I was planning to flip mine if worse came to worst but I’m not sure the secondary market wants them…

When you say confirmed, are you saying that Lucid Motors confirmed your order and started the (long) process of delivery???
Sorry for the confusion. No, I confirmed my reservation by converting (confirming) to an order and making my deposit nonrefundable in an attempt to save the tax credit. That's a whole separate story on another thread. Some folks have been tapping their CPA's to see if it actually will work. Jury is still out.

Sorry for the confusion. No, I confirmed my reservation by converting (confirming) to an order and making my deposit nonrefundable in an attempt to save the tax credit. That's a whole separate story on another thread. Some folks have been tapping their CPA's to see if it actually will work. Jury is still out.
Got it, ya I guess I was just hopeful that there was one Touring rsvp holder that had started the process

I wish! But there's at least a few people with reservations earlier than mine that should start the process before I do. I'm still pretty new to the forum and obviously don't even know how to get added to the main list lol

I wish! But there's at least a few people with reservations earlier than mine that should start the process before I do. I'm still pretty new to the forum and obviously don't even know how to get added to the main list lol
Of course the production queue depends on the confirmation date and not the reservation date. I am sure Lucid will start production of the Tourings (if they have the right options) for those already confirmed before they send Out additional confirmations.

Of course the production queue depends on the confirmation date and not the reservation date. I am sure Lucid will start production of the Tourings (if they have the right options) for those already confirmed before they send Out additional confirmations.
Maybe I’m missing something but why would they do that? The confirmation date is only referring to locking the tax credit, maybe some people just didn’t care about that part but are just focused I. The fact they have a super early rsvp date…

Maybe I’m missing something but why would they do that? The confirmation date is only referring to locking the tax credit, maybe some people just didn’t care about that part but are just focused I. The fact they have a super early rsvp date…
Yeah, I wasn't under the impression that "ordering" your Touring would make a difference in terms of production / delivery. In fact, Lucid said as much when we ordered. It was strictly about the Hail Mary play to save the tax credit.

On the other hand, it does make sense to say "These are committed customers who were willing to make their deposits non-refundable. So it's much more likely they will take delivery than people who may have reserved two years ago and since have moved on to something else that got delivered. So why reach out to those people and offer them a car they may no longer want, when you have this group of people who you know still want to take delivery?"

And then, of course, anyone who wants a metal roof or non Surreal Sound Pro is also going to get pushed back as well, regardless of reservation or order date.

I don't know. I still think there are few enough Touring reservations that it won't matter much, anyway. I suspect they will run through the entire reservation backlog in under six months, once they get going.

Yeah, I wasn't under the impression that "ordering" your Touring would make a difference in terms of production / delivery. In fact, Lucid said as much when we ordered. It was strictly about the Hail Mary play to save the tax credit.

On the other hand, it does make sense to say "These are committed customers who were willing to make their deposits non-refundable. So it's much more likely they will take delivery than people who may have reserved two years ago and since have moved on to something else that got delivered. So why reach out to those people and offer them a car they may no longer want, when you have this group of people who you know still want to take delivery?"

And then, of course, anyone who wants a metal roof or non Surreal Sound Pro is also going to get pushed back as well, regardless of reservation or order date.

I don't know. I still think there are few enough Touring reservations that it won't matter much, anyway. I suspect they will run through the entire reservation backlog in under six months, once they get going.
Obviously if someone is no longer interested in moving forward with a purchase this whole conversation is irrelevant. But I disagree with your premise that if you have two rsvp holders one who reserved in Jan 2021 and another who reserved in July 2021 but the July locked in the tax credit they aren’t going to give priority over the January holder IMO.

But another thing I’ve been wondering since following this forum, why is there an assumption that there are so few touring rsvp’s?

Obviously if someone is no longer interested in moving forward with a purchase this whole conversation is irrelevant. But I disagree with your premise that if you have two rsvp holders one who reserved in Jan 2021 and another who reserved in July 2021 but the July locked in the tax credit they aren’t going to give priority over the January holder IMO.

But another thing I’ve been wondering since following this forum, why is there an assumption that there are so few touring rsvp’s?
I’m just repeating what Lucid themselves have said. That ordering in no way guaranteed any priority in production.

Low Touring reservations is not an complete assumption. Lucid have stated a large majority of reservations are Pure. And that Touring reservations is the smallest of the three. How small a group is anyone’s guess, sure. But we know way more than 15k are Pure. Probably 20k. Then, even if you split GT and Touring somewhat evenly, we’re talking maybe 5k Touring? Probably less.

I’m just repeating what Lucid themselves have said. That ordering in no way guaranteed any priority in production.

Low Touring reservations is not an complete assumption. Lucid have stated a large majority of reservations are Pure. And that Touring reservations is the smallest of the three. How small a group is anyone’s guess, sure. But we know way more than 15k are Pure. Probably 20k. Then, even if you split GT and Touring somewhat evenly, we’re talking maybe 5k Touring? Probably less.
Ok got it, I think where we are getting crossed is the “in production” the timing of the reservation 100% determines where and when you’ll be in the queue but the caviot to that is specs on the order so now that all makes sense as does the determination of touring rsvps! I grow more impatient everyday!!

Ok got it, I think where we are getting crossed is the “in production” the timing of the reservation 100% determines where and when you’ll be in the queue but the caviot to that is specs on the order so now that all makes sense as does the determination of touring rsvps! I grow more impatient everyday!!
I agree with both of you on this. And, although I may regret it, the reasons I upgraded my reservation earlier this year were:

A) Get my car sooner
B) Not a huge price difference between Pure AWD and base Touring
C) (ashamedly) I am a snob when it comes to AC in the seats

Having stated those reasons, I also will be getting Surreal Sound Pro, glass canopy, and Dream Drive Pro largely for those reasons AND potential resale value. I thought I was in pretty good shape also getting the tax credit but our elected officials likely screwed that up for all of us who don't have our cars yet.

That's not the way I understand it. I think production is based mostly on the reservation date and secondarily on options (glass canopy for example). If I remember correctly, the email regarding confirming (to try and keep the tax credit) will not affect your place in line for production. Please correct me if I am mistaken on this.

That's not the way I understand it. I think production is based mostly on the reservation date and secondarily on options (glass canopy for example). If I remember correctly, the email regarding confirming (to try and keep the tax credit) will not affect your place in line for production. Please correct me if I am mistaken on this.
OK, I will correct you on this. The confirmation date is the primary priority factor on the delivery of your vehicle. Read the Delivery paragraph on the terms and conditions of your purchase order that clearly states this. There is no mention of reservation date at all. The reservation date is only for Lucid to get your deposit and put you in a priority queue to get an invitation to confirm your order. Numerous customers have gotten invitations to confirm their order but declined to until a later date. They then have a later confirmation date than someone who confirmed as soon as they got their invitation to confirm. And then they will have a later date of delivery, all things being equal.

OK, I will correct you on this. The confirmation date is the primary priority factor on the delivery of your vehicle. Read the Delivery paragraph on the terms and conditions of your purchase order that clearly states this. There is no mention of reservation date at all. The reservation date is only for Lucid to get your deposit and put you in a priority queue to get an invitation to confirm your order. Numerous customers have gotten invitations to confirm their order but declined to until a later date. They then have a later confirmation date than someone who confirmed as soon as they got their invitation to confirm. And then they will have a later date of delivery, all things being equal.
From the Lucid email regarding ordering:

"To be completely clear, you don’t have to place an order now and your reservation will remain in place — we’re doing this to help those who want to do everything possible to maintain eligibility for the federal tax credit. If you don’t wish to place an order now, you’ll still have the opportunity to do so closer to your vehicle’s production date. Please note that placing an order now will not alter the expected delivery timelines for Touring and Pure."

I mean, that's pretty straightforward, as far as I'm concerned.

Happy to be wrong about this. But I think it's likely our "orders" are not considered "confirmations" in the way they have meant for the GT and Dream thus far. After all, they weren't followed up with finalization of options, etc.

I think it more likely Lucid will reach out to everyone in reservation order to do an actual confirmation. Anyone who does not respond or who indicates they want a metal roof, 20-inch wheels, Surreal Sound (not pro) will be pushed back, while everyone else will be put in the queue as they confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back