Touring Delivery Tracker [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enough with all the guessing. Surely management can let everyone know the current situation. It can’t be a guessing game.

Enough with all the guessing. Surely management can let everyone know the current situation. It can’t be a guessing game.

Good luck getting a straight, or accurate, answer.

However, if you do not like all the notifications, you can turn off email notifications in the top-right.

I think they were just referring to Touring. My guess is that Touring is the least ordered trim.
The website still claims Q4 2022 availability for the Pure trims though. Maybe they will try to push some Pures out before end of year (to detriment of some GT / Touring orders) so they can say they are now producing all models, but if they did that they would surely fill the old Pure reservations first. I.e ordering a Pure today will definitely not come in Q4.

I guess Lucid could say if they are being produced they are technically “available” to someone… but going through the configuration and seeing “available Q4” when prompted to reserve means, to me, expect delivery in Q4.

Big difference between production date and delivery, as I’m sure you know all too well. I’m thinking this person is likely going to be proven wrong, but the one thing that gives me hope is that there might not be that many Touring preorders. Feels like people with the money would go GT, and the vast majority of the rest of the orders are very likely Pure. Touring is sort of this odd ball in the middle. Perfect for my needs, but maybe not so popular?

There are only 15 people ahead of me on our tracker here who didn’t order Grey or Silver. And my order date was early February this year.

Figure on a good number of those not wanting a glass roof, Dolby Atmos, or Dream Drive. Should bump me up a few more slots.

I don’t want 20-inch wheels, so I’m good there.

So I like my chances for at least a VIN by January. Maybe delivery in Feb or March?

Whatever production issue caused this current backup of cars has to be resolved in the next batch coming off the line. So the inspections will clear the backlog eventually.

And at some point, they’re going to want to switch over to Touring, anyway. Even if all GTs aren’t done yet. Because the optics of not getting any Tourings or Pure out the door this year might be worse than the hit to the bottom line on cheaper average sales price.

But who knows? Any number of disasters could happen between now and then.
The website still claims Q4 2022 availability for the Pure trims though. Maybe they will try to push some Pures out before end of year (to detriment of some GT / Touring orders) so they can say they are now producing all models, but if they did that they would surely fill the old Pure reservations first. I.e ordering a Pure today will definitely not come in Q4.

I guess Lucid could say if they are being produced they are technically “available” to someone… but going through the configuration and seeing “available Q4” when prompted to reserve means, to me, expect delivery in Q4.
I find the PR coming out of Saudi Arabia oddly reassuring for the Lucid buyer, but not so much for the shareholder.

First, Buyer--there's a lot of machismo here about "early adopters"...so be it..it's your $. But to me the risk that Lucid fails (a la Fisker) needs to be accounted for in the Buy decision. (e.g. will our 140k car become a doorstop?) I found the Saudi-produced press and video (albeit with the unctuous, preening Peter) reassuring. I've dealt with Saudis and they don't take failure/embarrassment well. I don't think they would release this stuff unless they're prepared to hang in for the long haul---meaning standing behind our warranties.

But Shareholder, beware--Lucid has +/- $2B in cash (Rivian has $16B) that's burning rapidly (read: minuscule revenue/much higher costs--and the new Saudi factory??). With rising interest rates, a weakening economy, quarter over quarter misses, major warranty expense---the debt markets are going to be tough to crack. With the stock price now approaching a hat size, a secondary equity offering looks unlikely.

Cue the Saudis--unless the whole enterprise is an air-ball (which I don't believe) they will step up with the inevitably-needed new capital to keep the ship afloat...diluting all other shareholders in the process (nota bene: Peter alluded to this in one of the (unctuous) videos wherein he professed that reaching profitability isn't nearly as important as growing the business--because the Planet needs to be saved!).

Hey--no one talks that trash unless the Crown Prince says OK---FUN STUFF!

Unfortunately 2,000 YTD at end of May might be a little out of reach. Q1 was 360 and April 300 So that would require 1,340 in May. I think (+ hope) they could definitely be producing at that rate but from accounts on this forum there seems to large delays from production to delivery.

FWIW I don’t see 2,000 by end of May but…. 360 and 300 were deliveries not production. In Q1 they did 700 cars produced. They supposedly ramped up in April, though May looks grim.

October 12, 2021
Stellar White, Santa Cruz Interior, 19” Aero Range Wheels, Glass Canopy Roof and AWD Drivetrain

Reserved Air Touring - May 25, 2022
Stellar White, Santa Cruz interior

With one month and four days until Q3, and zero confirmations made so far - I find it hard to believe (if not impossible) for them to produce every car reserved before the website was updated.

With one month and four days until Q3, and zero confirmations made so far - I find it hard to believe (if not impossible) for them to produce every car reserved before the website was updated.
Were they promising production on all of those, or just confirmation sometime in Q3? I wasn't clear on that.
If I get a confirmation by the end of Q3, I'll be good with that. I expect the lag between confirmation to VIN to delivery will shorten over time. (Assuming whatever is holding up the current batch has been resolved on subsequent runs.) My res wasn't until the beginning of Feb.

Were they promising production on all of those, or just confirmation sometime in Q3? I wasn't clear on that.
If I get a confirmation by the end of Q3, I'll be good with that. I expect the lag between confirmation to VIN to delivery will shorten over time. (Assuming whatever is holding up the current batch has been resolved on subsequent runs.) My res wasn't until the beginning of Feb.

Here is what my SA said, which implies a production start date in Q3. Despite no one converting their reservation to an order:

Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 10.13.44 PM.png

Here is what my SA said, which implies a production start date in Q3. Despite no one converting their reservation to an order:

View attachment 2389
You also have a January reservation. Maybe they were talking only about your reservation? Those of that reserved later may not get it this year?

You also have a January reservation. Maybe they were talking only about your reservation? Those of that reserved later may not get it this year?

His wording says “a reservation holder from prior to the update” which to me implies 2019 to late May 2022.

His wording says “a reservation holder from prior to the update” which to me implies 2019 to late May 2022.
I agree the implication is all reservations before the “update” meaning the May web site update. And it’s pretty clear “production” should start in Q4. That could be Dec 31st, but still this year.

That could be a lot of cars. Or maybe my theory is right, and there aren’t that many Touring reservations. It does seem like a stretch. But publicly, all Lucid has said is Touring will ship by the end of the year. So they only need to deliver 1 Touring to make that goal. Literally every other car could start on the line by Dec 31st and this rep would still be accurate. That could still mean delivery in Feb or March for many of them. That’s possible? But getting less likely every day.

I expect confirmations for Touring to be in full swing by mid July. If they miss that, they are definitely way behind.

I recently an email from my Lucid contact that states, We have started to invite our Turing early reservation holders to place their orders. I reserved March 17,2021. Hope this is not more company hoping for a miracle.

I recently an email from my Lucid contact that states, We have started to invite our Turing early reservation holders to place their orders. I reserved March 17,2021. Hope this is not more company hoping for a miracle.
That would be the first of anyone here hearing about Touring starting confirmations. Hope that is true.

When I was in Millbrae several weeks ago, the rep there told me he expected Touring to begin confirmations around now, so that tracks. But I just figured the recent snafus with the extra GT inspections would have put a damper on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back