Touring Delivery and Initial Impressions

Bnwbaron

Verified Owner
Cars
Touring
Hi, all.

Posting this for whatever it might be worth to the community. My advisor called me on 12/31/2022 and said he had a Touring for me. I had previously canceled my old Touring order and kept my Air order because the 2022 Touring deliveries HAD to come with bubble top, DDP, and SSP…..none of which I really wanted. The deal on 12/31 was that I get the Touring at my legacy pricing, a 90 trial of DDP/SSP (I have to pay to keep, which I wont), but I am stuck with the bubble top. The color and interior were good, so I did it. I got legacy pricing plus the $7,500 tax credit for taking deliver at 9pm on New Years Eve.

For those buyers nearing delivery. Search this site for the four page delivery checklist. That list was awesome. I have some very minor items for correction, so keep an eye out when you get your car—A squeaky window shade, the left rear seat doesn’t heat up much, and a small section of loose trim inside two wheel wells. All the panels lined up and everything else seemed tight. For ~100k, I would expect none of the issues I described, but for a new car company…..not bad.

The car has been in my garage for eight days. I have hardly driven it (25 miles), but I have played with it a lot. I have to say….I pretty much love it. Drives and handles like a dream. I have some irritation with me having to figure out the tech, but that is on me and not Lucid. One issue with the tech is how the car deals with reverse on a hill, and I’m working that out. Electrify America charging near me stinks, but with the range of this car, it’s not a major issue (my feelings may change after my first road trip).

Something bugging me is the mobile key. Most of the time when I walk in the garage (usually to get a water or do laundry) the car presents the handles and opens the mirrors. Today, I actually wanted to get in the car, and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t open the car with my cell phone :/. The fobs and cards seem to mostly work. Although, one of the fobs needed a new battery two days after I got it, and today I got a message saying the Lucid couldn’t connect the fob, which was in the car, but the car sorted that out in a few seconds. Makes me wonder if the fobs are bad.

Next step for me is to get a wrap or PPF. To help you budget, wraps in So. Cal. Seem to be running about 4K, and PPF is about 7k. I was pretty shocked by the cost of PPF.

All in all, this car is awesome and I am glad I bought it. No shade on Tesla, but I‘m glad I went Lucid-it is fresh. The Touring is a beauty.

Attachments

• 12905C66-E6B4-4E96-BC8B-CB6093DBBA87.jpeg
    12905C66-E6B4-4E96-BC8B-CB6093DBBA87.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 225
  • 449E109F-7886-4128-A4D1-9B7D307DF413.jpeg
    449E109F-7886-4128-A4D1-9B7D307DF413.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 233
I’ll never understand the fascination with digital/mobile keys. No matter the car, they seem to have more issues than key fobs. I never even activated mine in my i4. I would only use the fob with the Lucid.

I’ll never understand the fascination with digital/mobile keys. No matter the car, they seem to have more issues than key fobs. I never even activated mine in my i4. I would only use the fob with the Lucid.
It is my first "go-around" with a mobile key (and with a key fob, too). Thanks for the insight. I'll lean on the fob.

I am Team Fob, but hearing how the fob battery has potential lower life and that pillar unlock can also be spotty, I begrudgingly set up mobile key as well to have a backup for the backup for the backup.

I am Team Fob, but hearing how the fob battery has potential lower life and that pillar unlock can also be spotty, I begrudgingly set up mobile key as well to have a backup for the backup for the backup.
Tim, is there a way to have the Lucid app and deactivate the mobile key? That would save me the drama with the car waking up every time I walk in the garage.

Tim, is there a way to have the Lucid app and deactivate the mobile key? That would save me the drama with the car waking up every time I walk in the garage.
Yes. Mobile key is separate from being logged into the Lucid app.

For iPhone, go to Settings --> Privacy & Security --> Bluetooth ... from there you can deny access to bluetooth service for the Lucid app. That "should" allow you to disable BT access temporarily without having to disable BT on the phone. Now, if you don't have a need for BT on the phone in your home, you could simply swipe down on the Lock Screen and disable BT from there. YMMV for Android ... don't hav an Android phone to test out.

I believe you can just delete the mobile key from the pilot panel settings. It was paired as a part of your on-boarding, but you can just delete it and strictly use the fob. I don't have the pilot panel in front of me so I don't remember the exact menu settings.

Hi, all.

Posting this for whatever it might be worth to the community. My advisor called me on 12/31/2022 and said he had a Touring for me. I had previously canceled my old Touring order and kept my Air order because the 2022 Touring deliveries HAD to come with bubble top, DDP, and SSP…..none of which I really wanted. The deal on 12/31 was that I get the Touring at my legacy pricing, a 90 trial of DDP/SSP (I have to pay to keep, which I wont), but I am stuck with the bubble top. The color and interior were good, so I did it. I got legacy pricing plus the $7,500 tax credit for taking deliver at 9pm on New Years Eve.

For those buyers nearing delivery. Search this site for the four page delivery checklist. That list was awesome. I have some very minor items for correction, so keep an eye out when you get your car—A squeaky window shade, the left rear seat doesn’t heat up much, and a small section of loose trim inside two wheel wells. All the panels lined up and everything else seemed tight. For ~100k, I would expect none of the issues I described, but for a new car company…..not bad.

The car has been in my garage for eight days. I have hardly driven it (25 miles), but I have played with it a lot. I have to say….I pretty much love it. Drives and handles like a dream. I have some irritation with me having to figure out the tech, but that is on me and not Lucid. One issue with the tech is how the car deals with reverse on a hill, and I’m working that out. Electrify America charging near me stinks, but with the range of this car, it’s not a major issue (my feelings may change after my first road trip).

Something bugging me is the mobile key. Most of the time when I walk in the garage (usually to get a water or do laundry) the car presents the handles and opens the mirrors. Today, I actually wanted to get in the car, and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t open the car with my cell phone :/. The fobs and cards seem to mostly work. Although, one of the fobs needed a new battery two days after I got it, and today I got a message saying the Lucid couldn’t connect the fob, which was in the car, but the car sorted that out in a few seconds. Makes me wonder if the fobs are bad.

Next step for me is to get a wrap or PPF. To help you budget, wraps in So. Cal. Seem to be running about 4K, and PPF is about 7k. I was pretty shocked by the cost of PPF.

All in all, this car is awesome and I am glad I bought it. No shade on Tesla, but I‘m glad I went Lucid-it is fresh. The Touring is a beauty.
Is there some form of warning (car screen or app) that the fob battery is low?

I believe you can just delete the mobile key from the pilot panel settings. It was paired as a part of your on-boarding, but you can just delete it and strictly use the fob. I don't have the pilot panel in front of me so I don't remember the exact menu settings.
Settings > access and profiles > linked keys

There used to be, but i haven't gotten the warning in forever and my fob still works!

That is if you want to delete the mobile key. My idea was to temporarily deny BT access for the Lucid app so the key can't be used. But when necessary, allow BT access to be able to use the mobile key when you want. So far, in my few days of enabling Mobile Key, I've only woken up the car a few times inadvertently. As long as I keep the phone away from the garage, the vehicle stays asleep. I was worried that having the phone in my office (which is above the garage) would wake the vehicle, but so far it hasn't.

Same here

Hi, all.

Beautiful car. Good luck.

Mine just died after a month and I got no warning. I want sure if the problem was with a recent update or what until I changed the battery

Mine just died after a month and I got no warning. I want sure if the problem was with a recent update or what until I changed the battery
I recall my BMW would report on the screen that the fob battery is low; hopefully this is something that Lucid can add.

I just love mobile keys. That is all I use on my Tesla and do have a the key card in my wallet just in case, but have never had to use it since owning the car the last year. Just another thing I don’t have to put in my pocket. My Apple Watch can also work as a key too. Just awesome!

Many thanks for the dialogue. I don't know what to say about the mobile key. On my phone, in the Lucid app, there is a little fob icon in the upper right. When I tap icon, I get the mobile key. I can't find a separate mobile key. It's not in my phone's wallet either. I could disable Bluetooth, but then I'm having to turn it on again every time I do get in the car and want to connect to the phone. The mobile key in the app has an option to unlink, which I may end up doing. What am I missing? iPhone 14. Still freaking love this car!!

Many thanks for the dialogue. I don't know what to say about the mobile key. On my phone, in the Lucid app, there is a little fob icon in the upper right. When I tap icon, I get the mobile key. I can't find a separate mobile key. It's not in my phone's wallet either. I could disable Bluetooth, but then I'm having to turn it on again every time I do get in the car and want to connect to the phone. The mobile key in the app has an option to unlink, which I may end up doing. What am I missing? iPhone 14. Still freaking love this car!!
Go into your car itself. Go into settings. Go to access and profiles. Find your profile. See keys. Find your mobile key. Clock edit. Delete your mobile key. Then it won't open up using Bluetooth anymore.

Go into your car itself. Go into settings. Go to access and profiles. Find your profile. See keys. Find your mobile key. Clock edit. Delete your mobile key. Then it won't open up using Bluetooth anymore.
Roger...thanks!

Back