PPF & Decals

rmenon17

I just got my car in for PPF and ceramic and the installer was of the opinion that with the BEAR decals it might present a challenge to have the film o top of it as it might produce a small air pocket as it is uneven and can cause some bubbling. Have anyone of you run into the same feedback and removed the decals prior to PPF? When I asked Lucid they are saying Decals don't stick well on to the PPF. Please share your thought/tips.

I would have him remove the decals. The edges may or may not be an issue. Ask Lucid for replacements and have them put them back on over the PPF if you really want them.

I just got my car in for PPF and ceramic and the installer was of the opinion that with the BEAR decals it might present a challenge to have the film o top of it as it might produce a small air pocket as it is uneven and can cause some bubbling. Have anyone of you run into the same feedback and removed the decals prior to PPF? When I asked Lucid they are saying Decals don't stick well on to the PPF. Please share your thought/tips.
My installer said the same thing. I put my bear stickers on top of the PPF. They've been there about a year and are still sticking perfectly.

Take the decal off before PPF and replace it before the ceramic application, would be my suggestion. What did your detailer reccommend?

Installer is saying might be a challenge to get a perfect finish for the PPF with Decals on.

I think that removing the decal before PPF is the concensus - I meant apply the decal before ceramic or after? Ceramic layer may help affix it to the PPF

Installer says, it didn't look great, so they did a test piece overtop, and those air gaps are just not ideal, so they removed the decals. Lucid rips you off with a replacement $60+taxes

Installer says, it didn't look great, so they did a test piece overtop, and those air gaps are just not ideal, so they removed the decals. Lucid rips you off with a replacement $60+taxes
The first one is free. Replacements aren’t, because it takes labor to align them correctly (they have a template they use).

Also, consider getting a new rear badge if you’re getting PPF. The thin strip on the Air logo often breaks when removed for PPF application. Ask me how I know. :)

Back