Charging panel cover gone

Magellanic

Verified Owner
Cars
LR3, LR4, Touring
I went to take a pic of my sweet bear decal to share with you all, when I noticed the cover for the charging port is missing. Probably flew off around Mach 3.1 or so on the 101. This is my biggest complaint thus far, and is quite minor compared to how much I love my Lucid.

Service is on it. You all might want to check for loose panels, if you, like me, are occasionally prone to pushing the the electron pedal from time to time.

I went to take a pic of my sweet bear decal to share with you all, when I noticed the cover for the charging port is missing. Probably flew off around Mach 3.1 or so on the 101. This is my biggest complaint thus far, and is quite minor compared to how much I love my Lucid.

Service is on it. You all might want to check for loose panels, if you, like me, are occasionally prone to pushing the the electron pedal from time to time.
Thanks. I still wanna see the decals tho...

This happened to me within the first couple of weeks of ownership, but hasn’t happened since it was replaced. It’s a simple fix, but it is embarrassing when people ask about it.

It’s possible to loosen these charge covers if you pull down when unplugging at EA. I’m pretty sure that’s how most get loose and come off.

Yes I think I may have bumped it or something wrestling with the EA hose, that thing is like a giant squid...

I almost always open the charge port via the left cockpit panel button and let it auto close. Never feels right pushing in on the panel to make it open.

Didnt know that it was an option to push on it, I will stick to the buttons, though I obv also need to watch my cable mgmt at EA.

There's a post somewhere on one of the EV boards (possibly Audi or VW forum) that the charging ports need to have a cap so that the metal posts can be protected from moisture, dust, rain, etc.
The explanation, if I remember correctly, has something to do with protection from corrosion and therefore preserving the conductance.
MB, Hyundai, and VW, among others, have the cap for the CCS 2 pin port

This happened to me too. I got the panel replaced by Lucid, but after driving away it became clear that it was still not attached well. I poked at it a bit - not prying, just wiggling - and it came right off. There's just one piece of 3M double-sided tape holding it on in the bottom left corner. It has some hooks too, but they're all facing the same direction, so it just slides right out if the adhesive fails.
Any suggestions from here? I can obviously take it back in, but since I actually have the panel this time I'm tempted to just get more 3M tape myself and attach it on more than one corner.

This happened to me too. I got the panel replaced by Lucid, but after driving away it became clear that it was still not attached well. I poked at it a bit - not prying, just wiggling - and it came right off. There's just one piece of 3M double-sided tape holding it on in the bottom left corner. It has some hooks too, but they're all facing the same direction, so it just slides right out if the adhesive fails.
Any suggestions from here? I can obviously take it back in, but since I actually have the panel this time I'm tempted to just get more 3M tape myself and attach it on more than one corner.
I'd take some pictures, re-attach yourself, e-mail CS to get it on record and just wait for your next service tbh.

Back