Taycan Turbo GT: 0-60 in 2.1?

The point to the Sapphire reviews is that it is a total package...not a one horse pony (0-60 in a straight line). Having said that, Porsche typically delivers in all regards (other than price). Great to see competition.

The point to the Sapphire reviews is that it is a total package...not a one horse pony (0-60 in a straight line). Having said that, Porsche typically delivers in all regards (other than price). Great to see competition.
The thing is, this one is meant for the track as well but is missing the daily and space aspect of it. I too expected the price to be way more, but it is actually cheaper. Then again, the option pricing should fix it being cheaper very quickly...

The thing is, this one is meant for the track as well but is missing the daily and space aspect of it. I too expected the price to be way more, but it is actually cheaper. Then again, the option pricing should fix it being cheaper very quickly...
They said starting at 231, which doesn't include the package they added to reduce the weight, or the 11k for that purple paint 😁

We walked past a Taycan recently, and my wife said to me “I can’t believe you didn’t want to go for that.” And then I showed her the back seat. “Oh yeah. That wouldn’t have worked.”

When Porsche makes an electric Boxter/Cayman, that’s when it’ll get interesting.

If your back seat is going to be useless, don’t have one.

We walked past a Taycan recently, and my wife said to me “I can’t believe you didn’t want to go for that.” And then I showed her the back seat. “Oh yeah. That wouldn’t have worked.”

When Porsche makes an electric Boxter/Cayman, that’s when it’ll get interesting.

If your back seat is going to be useless, don’t have one.
The turbo Gt doesn’t even HAVE a back seat… never mind. The lucid is not threatened at all.

Porsche didn't go for a tri-motor in the Turbo GT so I expect it's 0-60 time will not match the sapphire or plaid, but I don't think they care about that all.

I think the benefit is that they were able to save 400-500lbs compared to adding a third motor which helps them significantly with track performance.

I would like to know if Lucid will ever publish track times for the Sapphire. Or is track usage not the purpose of the Air Sapphire?

Porsche didn't go for a tri-motor in the Turbo GT so I expect it's 0-60 time will not match the sapphire or plaid, but I don't think they care about that all.

I think the benefit is that they were able to save 400-500lbs compared to adding a third motor which helps them significantly with track performance.

I would like to know if Lucid will ever publish track times for the Sapphire. Or is track usage not the purpose of the Air Sapphire?
Wait, wtf? If it does all of that with two motors, that would be seriously impressive.

Wait, wtf? If it does all of that with two motors, that would be seriously impressive.
Yup! And I think that's the impressive piece, they sacrificed on the 0-60 flexing of their rivals so they could make it faster on track.

The other thing that I think a deep dive would be interesting on is how they actually shaved 20 seconds off their ring time. Usually overpowered EVs don't do well on the Ring because they overheat too quickly. The Plaid for instance overheats 3 minutes in.

They said starting at 231, which doesn't include the package they added to reduce the weight, or the 11k for that purple paint 😁
Not quite!

The Weissach Pack is free and the purple paint is also free. It's nice that they offer more than one color for $230k isn't it? The configurator is live btw
1710180751861.png

Not quite!

The Weissach Pack is free and the purple paint is also free. It's nice that they offer more than one color for $230k isn't it? The configurator is live btw
View attachment 19147
That was my mistake, when I was looking at the configurator I think I clicked on the Turbo GT.

Also, isn't this kind of cheating? Removing the rear seat? And a bunch of other weight reduction stuff?

Also, isn't this kind of cheating? Removing the rear seat? And a bunch of other weight reduction stuff?
This is the Porsche way...you want lots of options and luxury you get the Turbo/Turbo S...you want mind bending track performance, you buy a GT car...but the GT cars provide that but with lots of option deletes and weight reduction. $300,000 GT3 RS doesn't have comfort access, memory seats, any type of frunk/trunk, etc...

I wouldn't call it cheating because they sell it this way. It's cheating when they remove seats and do weight reduction for the ring run, but then put the seats back in when they put it on sale.

This is the Porsche way...you want lots of options and luxury you get the Turbo/Turbo S...you want mind bending track performance, you buy a GT car...but the GT cars provide that but with lots of option deletes and weight reduction. $300,000 GT3 RS doesn't have comfort access, memory seats, any type of frunk/trunk, etc...

I wouldn't call it cheating because they sell it this way. It's cheating when they remove seats and do weight reduction for the ring run, but then put the seats back in when they put it on sale.
I guess, since you can configure it this way and they will sell it counts as a production vehicle. Lucid should do the same with a Sapphire. This Taycan is roughly 1,000 lbs lighter than the Sapphire I think?

I guess, since you can configure it this way and they will sell it counts as a production vehicle. Lucid should do the same with a Sapphire. This Taycan is roughly 1,000 lbs lighter than the Sapphire I think?

I think the Taycan is about the same weight as a GT. Sapphire is 500lbs more and this new turbo GT is 150lbs less. So probably 600-700lbs less i think is probably realistic.

With the Turbo GT, you have two options. You can get the one with the rear seats and all the luxury options but without the aero or weight reduction, or you can get the WP which is all stripped out.

Porsche can afford to sell these kind of ultra-niche low-volume Halo cars, but Lucid should focus on other priorities to sell cheaper volume cars and become profitable. At some point, they could absolutely build some track monsters with their Formula E experience. I'd love to see that

And space/luggage, I don't find Porsche to be very suitable for creature comfort.
Only the driver and maybe the 1 passenger. Rest is usually pretty bad

Yeah, Porsche usually has a billion options, you could probably spec it to be 400k

Ran out of time to edit. above message was supposed to say makes a plaid S look like a deal at 85K all things considered comparing with the Taycan
A deal for sure, but in a different class of car.

Back