0-150-0 car & driver

chinesejpl

Cars
Air GT
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a45765297/0-150-0-mph-speed-test-2023/

I wanted to share this as I can't believe how much faster a sapphire is vs a new 911 turbo S! Insane.

I realize it was a different environment but it beat the Porsche by almost 4 full seconds! A car that carries 5 people in luxury can out accelerate and brake (sort of, its braking was 1 sec longer for a car that probably weighs 2k lbs more) a dedicated sports car!

Bravo lucid!

I’m surprised with the crap brakes on the plaid, it somehow slows down faster than the sapphire and it’s beastly carbon ceramic brakes. If you notice in the test, sapphire is 1 second faster than plaid to 150, but after stopping, it’s only 0.7s ahead.

I’m surprised with the crap brakes on the plaid, it somehow slows down faster than the sapphire and it’s beastly carbon ceramic brakes. If you notice in the test, sapphire is 1 second faster than plaid to 150, but after stopping, it’s only 0.7s ahead.
The plaid is way lighter.

The issue with the plaid's stock brakes are not the actual performance. In fact, they are as good as the Lucid when you include the fact that it is lighter. The issue with the plaid is that it can not do those stops repeatedly.

CCB's are not (primarily) meant to have better stopping distances than regular breaks, they are made for track use when you need repeated hard stops.

The plaid is way lighter.

The issue with the plaid's stock brakes are not the actual performance. In fact, they are as good as the Lucid when you include the fact that it is lighter. The issue with the plaid is that it can not do those stops repeatedly.

CCB's are not (primarily) meant to have better stopping distances than regular breaks, they are made for track use when you need repeated hard stops.
Makes sense

The Plaid is generally designed to meet certain stats for bragging rights. Which is perfect for people who only care about bragging rights. Take it to the track. Get your numbers. Go home and tell your friends.

The Sapphire is more tailored to being an all around driver’s car. Take it to the track. Play all day. Take it back tomorrow. And the next day. And the next.

That doesn’t make the Plaid a bad car. It does make the Sapphire a better car.

This article (and others like it) make me want to upgrade to a sapphire but I don't know many tracks in the NW that have DC fast charging nearby or on track making it unfeasible to track this car :(

Back