Lucid Air Sapphire vs the Pininfarina Battista EV hypercar

Sapphire™

Just a little food for thought, look at these~

MPH Pininfarina Battista (2019 launch manufacturer claims they *may* have improved)~
0-60= 1.9 seconds.
0-100= 4.3 seconds.
1/4 mile= 9.1 seconds.
0-186= 11.8 seconds.
Top speed= 218MPH electronically limited.

These figures look incredibly impressive but SIMILAR to Lucid Air Sapphire!

Except~
Hp= 1,874hp.
Torque= 1,696lb-ft or 2299NM.
Weight= 4500lbs or 2041KG

I've also benchmarked the above times against Car and Driver Magazine test of the 2022 Bugatti Chiron Supersport available on their website. Times are slightly slower but then electric drivetrain hypercars will be faster!

So taking this into account the power to weight ratios and claimed manufacturer figures and verified independently tested figures getting the Lucid Air Sapphire to do those metrics the manufacturer is claiming (which I believe by the way, they've already proven the 1/4 at 9.245 seconds!) is going to require very serious horsepower and torque capabilities!

1200hp+ could mean literally anything! It'd be good to know what the triple motor pre production prototype cars were pushing out! The boss did tell Motortrend *1800hp!*. I think the final number will be 1MW minimum for hp.

Anyway regardless she's chasing down production hypercars that cost upwards of FIVE million dollars!

A fully equipped and featured and spaced 4 door five seater that's also good on racetracks? Steal of the century trust me I've followed performance cars for over 30 years!

I'll use this thread for updates and technical specifications and reviews and videos etc! My Space if you like LOL!

And finally 0-200MPH calculations show <15 seconds for the Lucid Air Sapphire!😯

Just a little food for thought, look at these~

MPH Pininfarina Battista (2019 launch manufacturer claims they *may* have improved)~
0-60= 1.9 seconds.
0-100= 4.3 seconds.
1/4 mile= 9.1 seconds.
0-186= 11.8 seconds.
Top speed= 218MPH electronically limited.

These figures look incredibly impressive but SIMILAR to Lucid Air Sapphire!

Except~
Hp= 1,874hp.
Torque= 1,696lb-ft or 2299NM.
Weight= 4500lbs or 2041KG

I've also benchmarked the above times against Car and Driver Magazine test of the 2022 Bugatti Chiron Supersport available on their website. Times are slightly slower but then electric drivetrain hypercars will be faster!

So taking this into account the power to weight ratios and claimed manufacturer figures and verified independently tested figures getting the Lucid Air Sapphire to do those metrics the manufacturer is claiming (which I believe by the way, they've already proven the 1/4 at 9.245 seconds!) is going to require very serious horsepower and torque capabilities!

1200hp+ could mean literally anything! It'd be good to know what the triple motor pre production prototype cars were pushing out! The boss did tell Motortrend *1800hp!*. I think the final number will be 1MW minimum for hp.

Anyway regardless she's chasing down production hypercars that cost upwards of FIVE million dollars!

A fully equipped and featured and spaced 4 door five seater that's also good on racetracks? Steal of the century trust me I've followed performance cars for over 30 years!

I'll use this thread for updates and technical specifications and reviews and videos etc! My Space if you like LOL!

And finally 0-200MPH calculations show <15 seconds for the Lucid Air Sapphire!😯
A> https://www.motortrend.com/news/peter-rawlinson-lucid-motors-interview/

Quote>"We can use one, two, or three of our motors, so the Air could have 600 hp, 1,200 hp, or **1,800 hp**. Currently, we have 1,100 hp at the battery pack and 1,000 hp from the two motors.

1,800 hp? Is that a three-motor configuration?

Rawlinson:
It's always been part of our plan, and that's a scoop for you, Kim. Meanwhile, since those Alpha cars, the battery has actually gotten smaller in terms of capacity, down from the original 130 kW-hr. You might say, hey that's a bad thing, but we've gained so much in efficiency, we can save some weight. Anyone can add dumb range."

Apr 14, 2020

B> https://www.motortrend.com/news/lucid-air-tri-motor-electric-car-laguna-seca-lap-time-video/

Quote>"Oh yes, Lucid has a tri-motor Air. Total horsepower? I'm never sure; I keep hearing numbers like 1,300 or 1,400 horsepower. Then **Peter tells me no, it's 1,300 horsepower for just the rear wheels.**"

Sep 30, 2020

Bench marking continues.

So Lucid Air Edition 1111hp and 1390NM torque so 22% rounded difference down higher for NM torque.

So 1800hp X22%= 2196NM or 1616lbs/ft for the triple electric motor Lucid Air Sapphire *POTENTIALLY* based on existing manufacturer specifications as per CEO and Sourced and Cited quotes from Motortrend.

Interesting. We will find out. These are NOT absolutes. They are however crushingly defiant number! Lucid Air Sapphire Defiant! LOL!

;)

MPH
0-60= <2 seconds.
0-100= <4 seconds.
1/4 mile 0-160-165MPH= <9 seconds.
0-186 (0-300km/h)= <13 seconds.
0-200= <15 seconds.
0-235= <TBA seconds although maybe electronically limited to 217MPH as per Alpha Series prototypes.

🙂🔥

ICE production hypercar vs electric production hypercar! Results seem pretty straightforward to me? Bring on the Lucid Air Sapphire!

It's also very obviously relevant to the above!

These are pertinent verified performance metrics. From two of the biggest rivals for the Lucid Sapphire Air!

download.jpeg

Lucid Motors do not make mistakes!

^^ So the above time and speed are seemingly incorrect at the 1/4 mile. I asked the current World Record holder and he confirmed it. That's the 2nd time in two years I've been caught out like this. Unbelievable.

Triple check the numbers and overlays. Shaking my head.

Back