Sapphire, Taycan or E-Tron GT

Regarding the Sapphire, I don't think Lucid offers any test drives.
Buy me a good, a very good single malt and I'll let you test drive mine :)

I was going to take you up on the offer, but I got arrested in the process. Can you bail me out? 🤣
If that would be your only offense, driving without DL...always.

Probably fairer to say the E-Tron GT is a rebadged Taycan. But either way...the Audi is usually the less expensive way to go. Interestingly, I see a number of Taycans on the road but very few E-Tron GTs. Since they are essentially the same car, I would think that the difference is badge engineering.
VAGs production numbers, before the release of Taycan and E-Tron GT was 4x Taycan to E-Tron GTs.
As we have really dug into the J1 platform more, the only difference with the Taycan and E-Tron GT is software tuning. They are the exact same hardware

If you will only test drive the Sapphire on 800HP mode because you're worried that it will ruin the other cars, that means you have already made up your mind and consider the Sapphire to be the better car. All of these cars are a bad financial investment, so why not buy the one you want most?
If I had a lot more money, I wouldn't mind losing that much money on a car. I really want a GMA T50, but can't afford it.
I've been wholesaling cars for a while and all of these Evs including the Sapphire will only lose more value in time. I prefer to hedge this by leasing at a reasonable rate, but I would prefer the Sapphire over the Porsche and Audi

It's the exact same hardware. The new 2 chamber suspension is developed by Porsche, including the new hydraulic active suspension competent.
This suspension is for the luxury segment of VAG, including Taycan, E-Tron GT, Panamera, Bentley. It will make it's way into other VAG cars as well.

Interesting enough the J1 platform which is the EV sports sedan platform used by the Taycan and E-Tron GT, is a highly modified Panamera chassis, with a ZF 2 speed transmission

More R&D will be done by Porsche and will trickle down to the rest of VAGs products, including battery/electric propulsion development through Rimac

I know this is a factor for us. Walked into Porsche post-crash of our GT in a Kia Soul rental with the family. They made it abundantly clear that we were not wanted through complete disinterest of engagement.

I gave them a pass and came back several months later in our GT-P. They allowed me to sit in the Taycan 24'. That was about it. No offer of a test drive, and I didn't bother asking after almost 10-15 minutes in the car.

About ten years ago I was driving a Honda Odyssey when I decided to stop by a Mercedes dealership to check out a new AMG model I had read about. I was completely ignored by the sales people. A couple of weeks later I went back in my Audi R8 V10 Spyder. I could hardly get through the door for the sales people greeting me.

It's one of the reasons I love buying cars without having to deal with a dealer.

About ten years ago I was driving a Honda Odyssey when I decided to stop by a Mercedes dealership to check out a new AMG model I had read about. I was completely ignored by the sales people. A couple of weeks later I went back in my Audi R8 V10 Spyder. I could hardly get through the door for the sales people greeting me.

It's one of the reasons I love buying cars without having to deal with a dealer.
It also irks me when they ask you, "so what do you currently drive?"

If I had a lot more money, I wouldn't mind losing that much money on a car. I really want a GMA T50, but can't afford it.
I've been wholesaling cars for a while and all of these Evs including the Sapphire will only lose more value in time. I prefer to hedge this by leasing at a reasonable rate, but I would prefer the Sapphire over the Porsche and Audi

Yah I’d sell body parts and family members for a T.50. Speaking with Bruce Canepa a T.33 will really be the only possibility for the US. The T.50 is highly desirable and will require a Show or Display permit which from my experience takes the patience of a saint to acquire. Really none of this matters as there’s nothing available. My guess is after they’re delivered in 2025/2026 you’ll be able to acquire one for 2-3x on the secondary market. Which given the likely appreciation would still be a sound investment.

Before PC I’d tell them their mom last night. JK of course. If I don’t have a goto sales person I’ll show up in one of my work vehicles in work clothes. This usually allows me to avoid all the Jr staff and head right for a manger.

Answer: a car.

I would march straight to the sales manager and tell him that I didn't want or accept bullshit and wanted a sales associate who would respond to me and not try to direct me. If he refused, or failed, I would walk (too hot right now to run) right out of the dealership.

If I were a serious buyer at the time, I would try emailing the sales manager in advance to set forth my expectations and requirements. If a dealership can't meet those requirements on the purchase of an expensive luxury item, I know I can't trust the same company to take care of me once I bought the car.

Or, of course, one could buy a Lucid (or similar) and avoid the dealership. But for many people that poses different problems as there may be no convenient service center for them. Here in Scottsdale, and some other cities, we are fortunate that we have both a design studio and a service center so we have the best of both worlds and the worst of neither!

tbh, I never felt bothered, I do not expect to be treated one way or the other. If can I afford the car, I'll approach someone and get it done. I think it's just a script they follow. Eitherway I am thick skinned and don't care about judgement from others :) Never really cared what other folks thought about me ever. Lol

Back