Standard Dream Drive doesn’t have lane centering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Dream drive pro is a $13,500 option here in Canada.

I can't understand that a $100K car doesn't have such a feature as standard.

I might very well cancel my reservation due to that. Still waiting on the final Air Pure specs, and a second test drive this winter, to take a decision.
I might cancel my reservation as well if the highway assist is not a standard feature in the DreamDrive. Not willing to pay $9k or $10 for something other competitors offer it for FREE.

360 view comes on Mercedes, BMW, Audi and it's not a $10K add on. You also don't need LiDAR for lane centering as very few cars on the roads today have LiDAR. For the more autonomous features yes the $10K hardware investment is probably justified but lane centering shouldn't be a DDP feature in my opinion especially when the competitors in the segment are offering it as standard or a significantly cheaper option to add on.
Agreed! As new company, they should attract most of the EV customers in the beginning by beating all other competitors. Their cars look very cool with great potential to be number one selling car.

Having driven both, I am sure. :) Let us know what you think after you’ve driven it. :)
You always add very helpful comments and are much appreciated! 🙂 Excited to drive a Lucid when I can (live in NE Ohio area) and compare to my Model S.

I am not sure about the handling statement. Model S has air suspension which is more expensive with auto adjustments. However, I haven’t test a Lucid yet as I am still waiting for my Lucid but scheduled for a test drive next week.
Excited to hear how your test drive goes. Please post a review. I have a test drive in Oak Brook 10/28 and will do the same. Obviously, that won't help everyone who already has their GT's and DE's. But, for the peeps with Touring and Pure reservations...

I am not sure about the handling statement. Model S has air suspension which is more expensive with auto adjustments. However, I haven’t test a Lucid yet as I am still waiting for my Lucid but scheduled for a test drive next week.
I don't think I've seen a single reviewer or owner who has compared both to pick the model s over the Lucid. But to each their own!

This is an interesting thread because my sales associate said that the only difference between DreamDrive and DreamDrive Pro is that the Pro version is able to drive itself on the highway without touching the steering wheel. Regular DreamDrive (not Pro) will have adaptive cruise and active lane centering, but like most other systems (with the exception of GM SuperCruise), you have to keep your hands on the wheel at all times. If that's not correct, I agree that paying $10k for a system that cost $1750 on my 2019 BMW 330i is a bit steep. If anyone gets further clarification from Lucid, please update!

Reactions: DBV
My sales advisor confirmed that "lane departure protection" is part of the standard Dream Drive. I really don't care about removing my hands from the steering wheel. I can do that briefly with my Honda Accord, but I prefer to keep my hands on the wheel. I do like feeling that hint from the car that I'm drifting out of my lane.

Just to clarify,

Lane departure assistance is NOT the same as highway assist.

Lane departure will nudge you back into you lane between clearly marked lines.

Highway assist actively steers your car in between the lines including curves.

DreamDrive has Lane departure assistance
DreamDrive Pro is required for highway assist.

Correct. Highway Assist (which includes lane centering) is a Pro feature. It’s also fantastic.
Question: Is Highway Assist now active? Since my car is in the shop, I didn't get the last big upgrade.

This is an interesting thread because my sales associate said that the only difference between DreamDrive and DreamDrive Pro is that the Pro version is able to drive itself on the highway without touching the steering wheel. Regular DreamDrive (not Pro) will have adaptive cruise and active lane centering, but like most other systems (with the exception of GM SuperCruise), you have to keep your hands on the wheel at all times. If that's not correct, I agree that paying $10k for a system that cost $1750 on my 2019 BMW 330i is a bit steep. If anyone gets further clarification from Lucid, please update!
Tons of misunderstandings are going on around here. And I fear Lucid employees don't always make matters better.

Lane departure protection will not steer the car for you. It will simply warn you, or gently nudge you back into the lane if you start to drift.

When the sales associate said "Keep your hands on the wheel at all times" what they should have said is that you need to keep steering. The car won't do it for you.

With Highway Assist in Dream Drive Pro, you still have to shake the wheel a bit now and then, but in between, regardless of whether you let go, it will steer the car for you. (On highways only, and only to keep you in your current lane.)

Seems we've got multiple threads going on with the same topic. I posted this in another DreamDrive thread. Highway Assist will come with DreamDrive, Highway Pilot (hands free) will be a future feature in DreamDrive Pro. This was taken off Lucid's Press Release

• DreamDrive™ system offers more than 30 driver-assistance features, including collision avoidance, Traffic Jam assist, and Highway Assist
  • System designed for ease-of-use with vibrant graphic displays
  • DreamDrive™ Pro expands computing and sensor hardware – including first automotive LIDAR in North America – and major new functions to be delivered with seamless over-the-air software updates
  • Highway Pilot, with conditional hands-free driving capability, on target for future introduction

Highway Assist and Auto Park
The Highway Assist group of features is designed to help drivers stay safe, while also making the Lucid Air even more delightful to drive. Highway Assist blends adaptive cruise control and lane centering control to help keep the Lucid Air right where it belongs on the freeway, at a safe distance from the vehicle ahead and other lanes. Traffic Jam Assist operates at speeds between 0 and 40 miles per hour, aiding in centering the vehicle when lane lines are occluded by close traffic. For vehicles equipped with DreamDrive Pro, further functions for Highway Assist are already in development.

Seems we've got multiple threads going on with the same topic. I posted this in another DreamDrive thread. Highway Assist will come with DreamDrive, Highway Pilot (hands free) will be a future feature in DreamDrive Pro. This was taken off Lucid's Press Release

• DreamDrive™ system offers more than 30 driver-assistance features, including collision avoidance, Traffic Jam assist, and Highway Assist
  • System designed for ease-of-use with vibrant graphic displays
  • DreamDrive™ Pro expands computing and sensor hardware – including first automotive LIDAR in North America – and major new functions to be delivered with seamless over-the-air software updates
  • Highway Pilot, with conditional hands-free driving capability, on target for future introduction

Highway Assist and Auto Park
The Highway Assist group of features is designed to help drivers stay safe, while also making the Lucid Air even more delightful to drive. Highway Assist blends adaptive cruise control and lane centering control to help keep the Lucid Air right where it belongs on the freeway, at a safe distance from the vehicle ahead and other lanes. Traffic Jam Assist operates at speeds between 0 and 40 miles per hour, aiding in centering the vehicle when lane lines are occluded by close traffic. For vehicles equipped with DreamDrive Pro, further functions for Highway Assist are already in development.
I'm curious about the date of this press release, and whether Lucid has changed anything since. They treat Highway Assist and Traffic Jam Assist as if they were already shipping in the current software, which they clearly are not.

I might cancel my reservation as well if the highway assist is not a standard feature in the DreamDrive. Not willing to pay $9k or $10 for something other competitors offer it for FREE.
I have the equivalent of highway assist on 2 of my cars and I have never used it except to experiment with it when I first got them. I like to drive the car myself!

You are missing the point. You can buy a Model S for $105, which includes lane centering and comparable options to a Touring. Touring has no lane centering unless you get Dream Pro. That is not competitive. Not sure how else to explain it.

I have a Touring on order, so I am not being a Tesla fanboy. Lucid needs to add lane centering as standard to be competitive, especially in this day and age. BMW has it part of package, that is less than 2k, as do other car manufactures.
I do agree that DD Pro should not be needed for lane centering when much cheaper cars have it as standard these days. This is one of the reasons I am waiting for Air Pure AWD. DD Pro, Surreal Sound Pro and not Touring. Also I don't want the glass roof and OK not having leather interior.

I have the equivalent of highway assist on 2 of my cars and I have never used it except to experiment with it when I first got them. I like to drive the car myself!
I have Adaptive cruise control in my 2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited and use it every time I go from Bay Area to LA on I 5 and I wished it had lane centering. Other than that drive, I never used Adaptive cruise.

I'm curious about the date of this press release, and whether Lucid has changed anything since. They treat Highway Assist and Traffic Jam Assist as if they were already shipping in the current software, which they clearly are not.
It was October 2021 and still on the website. If something has changed then Lucid should probably correct it or remove it. I think a lot of people assumed many things were going to come with the car day 1 that didn't. Keep in mind the poor Dream owners didn't even get ADAS until 3 months after launch so the messaging from Lucid had been a little misleading.

It was October 2021 and still on the website. If something has changed then Lucid should probably correct it or remove it. I think a lot of people assumed many things were going to come with the car day 1 that didn't. Keep in mind the poor Dream owners didn't even get ADAS until 3 months after launch so the messaging from Lucid had been a little misleading.
It sounds like this was a great find and clarification; if, indeed, Highway Assist is part of DreamDrive (not Pro) then that's fantastic.

Perhaps @Firstto520 or @mcr16 can put this to rest once and for all, if they see this.

Reactions: DBV
I also have the equivalent of highway assist on my commute car which I use every day. It helps a lot and I see this feature is needed at least for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back