SSP Sound Pro sound signature

MGRMLN

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
AGT/570S Spider/Cayenne
Referral Code
Y5OFBG6Z
For those fellow owners who also happen to be audiophiles, I think I figured out the sound signature of our SSP systems.
To me, our systems sound very "KEF". Accurate, brilliant imaging but not the strongest in the lowest octaves.
What do you think? I have a pair of KEF LS50 Metas in my desktop system and I feel SSP shares similar traits.

You may be right. Certainly the sound signature is "refined". I have Kef at home and can definitely say that the open, clear sound in the Air isn't too dissimilar. Alas, I only have SS and not SSP, so can't really comment on the additional speakers for comparison.

I have KEF 104/2 from the early 90s that I still use and yes I would agree with the notion of accuracy and precise sound stage without the need for thumping bass.

I have a pair of KEF R500s, which I quite enjoy, and I can see the similarities. They both have detailed but not sibilant highs, airy mids, and detailed lows. I do wish I felt bass more in the car than I do from my floorstander pair. I prefer a car audio system to be a touch warmer.

I have a pair of KEF R500s, which I quite enjoy, and I can see the similarities. They both have detailed but not sibilant highs, airy mids, and detailed lows. I do wish I felt bass more in the car than I do from my floorstander pair. I prefer a car audio system to be a touch warmer.
I do wish the car had an actual subwoofer too. I may add a powered sub at some point to fill out the bottom end.

What do you think? I have a pair of KEF LS50 Metas in my desktop system and I feel SSP shares similar traits.

Baller!!! lol

I've been contemplating the KEF LSX II + KC92 subwoofer combo or go full-on bonkers with the LS60 Wireless
to replace my current PC/workstation speakers (Bose Music Monitor (M2) + AudioEngine S8 Subwoofer).
Well, depends on my 2024 tax return. lol

To me, our systems sound very "KEF". Accurate, brilliant imaging but not the strongest in the lowest octaves.

It's good to know that you feel that SSP sounds close to KEF in terms of clarity.
It's not on my top priority list, but at some point, I might add a dedicated subwoofer to the Air. Even just having an 8" subwoofer would elevate that slightly missing rich, deep bass I desire.

For those fellow owners who also happen to be audiophiles, I think I figured out the sound signature of our SSP systems.
I have KEF LS50 Wireless ii with KC62. Yes, my Lucid’s SSP sound like LS50 without KC62.

I have KEF LS50 Wireless ii with KC62. Yes, my Lucid’s SSP sound like LS50 without KC62.
Ironically, I'm considering BOTH of your moves! Adding a KC62 sub to my LS50 Metas and a small 8" powered sub to my Air. 😁

Kef make awesome speakers, not so much on the sub front for the $$. You can get way better subs for the $$
I have a Martin Logan for my Home Theater system. But I need speaker level inputs given the way my desktop system is configured with the KEFs. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I have a Martin Logan for my Home Theater system. But I need speaker level inputs given the way my desktop system is configured with the KEFs. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Everybody has their favorites and ultimately it'll come down to what you like, but start looking up HSU and SVS.

I just had a custom upgrade installed in my GT SSP. It was done by Reus Systems out of southern CA. I had them work on previous Model S's for me. They added a tweeter behind the rear view mirror, replaced the 2 speakers in the A pillar and added a 12" sub in the rear well. Sounds amazing, really fills out the bottom. I actually had Peter Rawlinson sitting in my passenger seat listening to it with me. He was blown away. They will come to your home & install it in your garage.

Agree 100%. I have the LS50 Wireless IIs with the KC62 as well, and SSP on my Air Pure AWD. SSP does indeed sound like the LS50 without the KC62. The only caveat I would add is that the tweeters in the LS50 are without parallel. To my ears, acoustic guitar and live recordings in general sound sensational on the KEF setup. SSP gets about 75% of the way there in terms of detail.

Agree 100%. I have the LS50 Wireless IIs with the KC62 as well, and SSP on my Air Pure AWD. SSP does indeed sound like the LS50 without the KC62. The only caveat I would add is that the tweeters in the LS50 are without parallel. To my ears, acoustic guitar and live recordings in general sound sensational on the KEF setup. SSP gets about 75% of the way there in terms of detail.
Totally agree. That's what captivated me about the KEF meta tweeters. So clear and clean. I'll be exploring subs though. 😁

Back