Enthusiast Canceling after the Launch event - in Depth Reasons/discrepancies noted

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just found Pilot Assit on Polestar 2. We didn’t even know it exists after 2000 miles driven. 🤣 It works just like Air Highway Assist, when you want have lane change, use signal to temporary disable it to change lane just like AGT. It does stop all the way to zero on freeway when congested and accelerate back. In one instance, we were at a construction area where the lane markings was erased, the car went in between current lane to next lane to drive center of two lanes. I don’t know how Lucid Air will respond in that situation in its Highway Assist, I will experiment that area later again with AGT. But if DD doesn’t offer HA, is it a deal breaker? My son and I don’t think so. Lucid has so many attributes outbeat Polestar 2, and primarily is that remarkable range.
Took me a while to find out about it as well ! More luck than anything else. Hmmmm…looked here…no feet Ma ! Of course the Lucid is in the top tier of luxury with the Polestar 2 being in the entry to mid tier depending on how you configure it….imho.

This is funny. We have both Lucid Pure and Rivian R1S ordered as wife’s next EV and see whichever comes first. This week Lucid called to finalize Pure design for later 2023 production. We are in dilemma to keep this order or not. My son pleading me to keep Pure and sell PS2 instead. I asked him why since he gospel P2 over M3. He said his head clearance is not high enough in both compare to Air and overall cabin is just very tight. He said even the most basic Air is a lot better than fully loaded PS2 and Tesla MY at similar price range. We locked in Pure before price hike. So it’s 13k price difference between the two. Dilemma… Dilemma…
what's your pure configuration and when did they call to confirm order? is there any expected delivery dates?

what's your pure configuration and when did they call to confirm order? is there any expected delivery dates?
Fathom Blue and other basic options. So just later 2023. I was told if I’m in a hurry, I can get all the recommended options for Q1 2023 but they know I already got GT and not in a hurry.

BMW has a long history of publishing specs that are very, very conservative. For example, BMW cars tend to run on the dyno at the wheels at or about their published numbers whereas most cars lose 10-20% of their HP from the crank tot he wheels. In addition, both Lucid and Tesla used the less conservative EPA testing method.

But having said all that, there are cars that have better more efficient electrical systems than others. I would be very tempted by the I4 M50 if it only had a bit more range and I carefully selected my color scheme to mitigate the effect of the totally unnecessary Bugs Bunny grille. But it doesn't so I won't.
Bugs will be arriving for my wife next week. "What's up Doc".

I’m not sure if this was meant to be clever or funny, but referring to Airdoll as a dolt was uncalled for. Considering how far the l is from the t, I can’t assume it’s a typo. Hoping there’s a better explanation. 😬
You are ignoring the other possible reason: I just had cataract surgery so my eyesight is not yet poifect.

You are ignoring the other possible reason: I just had cataract surgery so my eyesight is not yet poifect.
Hope you’re healing well, I like that answer much better than the fact you might have thought I actually was a “dolt”.

I honestly think it's a shame that car companies have convinced a lot of people that some of these automated features are "must haves" in luxury cars, when in reality they provide little actual value to the driver.

I totally agree with what some others have written about Highway Assist - it's a really "neat" feature, but considering I don't really trust it 100%, and I have to have my hands on the wheel at all time, it doesn't really make my drive any easier. And this goes for other versions of this in other cars.

I'll give another simple example. The ultimate "first world problem" I know, but I hate auto windshield wipers. Reason being where I live we often get light, "misty" rain, and auto wipers suck at this - by the time they turn on my windshield is covered with rain drops, so I always need to flick in manually anyway. My point is that I think "old school" wipers with low, medium, high and, importantly, adjustable intermittent speed, worked better in every way. I feel that auto wipers are basically a "parlor trick", and now they are almost expected on high end vehicles because they are more advanced tech, but, at least for me, they provide a far worse experience.

For long road trips, a lane centering system does help reduce fatigue. I really hope the basic dream drive offers at least just a basic lane centering system that can be found on a base rental spec $25k kia k5. Thats really all you need. I dont trust these full self driving systems to navigate within cities without me constantly being paranoid but on a long stretch of highway during a road trip, I like that many modern cars can just reduce fatigue from concentrating on the mundane task of staying within lines.

We just found Pilot Assit on Polestar 2. We didn’t even know it exists after 2000 miles driven. 🤣 It works just like Air Highway Assist, when you want have lane change, use signal to temporary disable it to change lane just like AGT. It does stop all the way to zero on freeway when congested and accelerate back...
The same Pilot Assist works great in our Volvo EV. With it, three hours of stop and go traffic through LA become reasonably safe, as long as the car behind you is a more recent model with stopped-trafffic alert or automatic braking.

hmp10: Ankle Weight on the steering wheel. No hands, no problem. Worked great on the Tesla. Not as good on the Lucid, that is, when highway assist feels like working. Frequently, it’s just not feeling it.

Clarity from Lucid would be good. I hope they figure that out quickly.

hmp10: Ankle Weight on the steering wheel. No hands, no problem. Worked great on the Tesla. Not as good on the Lucid, that is, when highway assist feels like working. Frequently, it’s just not feeling it.

Are you complaining that trying to bypass a safety mechanism on the Lucid isn't as easy as it was on your Tesla???

Clarity from Lucid? How about just common sense should tell ya “DON’T. DO. THAT.” What highways do you drive on? I’d like to make sure none of my friends or family is on them.

Sure puts that "Tesla is way ahead of everyone else" argument into perspective.
Don't forget, $15,000 to join?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back