Enthusiast Canceling after the Launch event - in Depth Reasons/discrepancies noted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree completely. This is a luxury car. You need to pay extra for additional convenience
Actually the argument goes both ways.

Being a luxury car you expect a certain number of features to be standard. In 2022 (soon 2023) lane keep assist is one of those items that should be standard IMHO.

Being a luxury car you expect a certain number of features to be standard. In 2022 (soon 2023) lane keep assist is one of those items that should be standard IMHO.
Funny thing. I never use HA or cruise because I like to drive. I tried the massage seats once, they were fun. I turned off lane keep assist because it drives me nuts. And yet I still love my GT!

Both MB and BMW charges for these options.

Here are my questions on the Pure. Do I spin the wheel and hope for the best?
  1. Are the headlights the same as other trims
  1. Is there a heat pump?
  2. Are the wipers rain sensing?
  3. Is the steering wheel power tilt and telescope?
  4. Will 360 camera be available OTA later?
  5. Will other dreamdrive features be available OTA later for a fee?
  6. Will the frunk be power operated?
  7. Will the rear trunk be power operated?
  8. Is ambient lighting different from touring and grand touring?
  9. Will I get 2 key fobs?
  10. Are all the infotainment features the same as touring and grand touring?
  11. Will we have the same dividers in the frunk and trunk as the touring and grand touring?
  12. Will the floor mats be included? Are they the same quality as touring and grand touring?
  13. What ADAS hardware is included in Dreamdrive non-pro?
  14. How many airbags? It says on the website "up to 9."
  15. Will Soft close doors be included?
  16. Do the exterior door handles have lights in them?
  17. 4 zone climate? 2 Zone with some air going to back seats?
  18. Same suspension components as touring or grand touring? Lower grade components?
  19. RWD range?
  20. RWD 0-60?
  21. RWD HP?
I am hanging around with few folks who work at Lucid engineering for drinks & meal later today. My understanding is as follow:
Here are my questions on the Pure. Do I spin the wheel and hope for the best?
  1. Are the headlights the same as other trims?
YES - identical to all other models
  1. Is there a heat pump?
NO
  1. Are the wipers rain sensing?
  1. Is the steering wheel power tilt and telescope?
  1. Will 360 camera be available OTA later?
NO
  1. Will other dreamdrive features be available OTA later for a fee?
NO
  1. Will the frunk be power operated?
NO
  1. Will the rear trunk be power operated?
  1. Is ambient lighting different from touring and grand touring?
NO - because of the solid roof, it will be a tag different.
  1. Will I get 2 key fobs?
  1. Are all the infotainment features the same as touring and grand touring?
  1. Will we have the same dividers in the frunk and trunk as the touring and grand touring?
  1. Will the floor mats be included? Are they the same quality as touring and grand touring?
  1. What ADAS hardware is included in Dreamdrive non-pro?
NO
  1. How many airbags? It says on the website "up to 9."
identical to all other models
  1. Will Soft close doors be included?
NO
  1. Do the exterior door handles have lights in them?
  1. 4 zone climate? 2 Zone with some air going to back seats?
  1. Same suspension components as touring or grand touring? Lower grade components?
  1. RWD range?
Around 410
  1. RWD 0-60?
Around 4
In the mid 400s

Last edited:
I am hanging around with few folks who work at Lucid engineering for drinks & meal later today. My understanding is as follow:

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

Around 410

Around 4

In the mid 400s
Does touring have soft close doors?

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

Around 410

Around 4

In the mid 400s
Great post.

Funny thing. I never use HA or cruise because I like to drive. I tried the massage seats once, they were fun. I turned off lane keep assist because it drives me nuts. And yet I still love my GT!
I'm 100% with you on those options. I love to drive. By myself.

Both MB and BMW charges for these options.
Depends on the vehicle.

For BMW, the i4 M50 has it as standard equipment (but it's an option on the lower trims). That vehicle starts at 79K$ (CAD). And the iX xDrive40 also has it standard. That one starts at 83K$ (CAD).

For Mercedes the only available EQS here in Canada is the 580. And it's also standard on it. This is a 146K$ (CAD) vehicle, just a bit more than the 138K$ a Touring would cost.

I know longer feel like a pariah!!! Those features are great to have , but I agree with you 💯!!!

What is the weight of the Pure RWD?
No one knows. But it probably won’t be that much lighter than AWD. Those motors are pretty small.

No one knows. But it probably won’t be that much lighter than AWD. Those motors are pretty small.
Just speculating, I see a 20% in HV battery weight reduction dropping to 18 modules from 22. I see all kinds of 12 V motors being eliminated (soft closing doors, shades, massage seats, power front trunk, FWD components and associated cooling hoses etc. I am guessing around 700 pound weight savings for the FWD car.

Just speculating, I see a 20% in HV battery weight reduction dropping to 18 modules from 22. I see all kinds of 12 V motors being eliminated (soft closing doors, shades, massage seats, power front trunk, FWD components and associated cooling hoses etc. I am guessing around 700 pound weight savings for the FWD car.

When I had my test drive a few months back my CA told me about 400 pounds.

always appreciate seeing your posts
but I heard differently from a Lucid sales rep about the climate zones for the pure, they told me it was going to be a 3 zone climate system instead of a 4 zone? I'd be more than happy to see a 4 zone instead of a 3 zone

I was using the Taycan RWD vs a Taycan Turbo S for reference 4500Lb vs 6200Lb.
Wow, didn't realize such a huge difference.

The AWD pure will have the same size battery as the RWD Pure, no? Only the GTs have the 22 module.

You are right that sun shades, soft close, etc do add weight. Not sure about 700 lbs worth. Like I said, the extra wheel motor fits in a suitcase and can be lifted by a regular human.

There will be no FWD Pure.

always appreciate seeing your posts
but I heard differently from a Lucid sales rep about the climate zones for the pure, they told me it was going to be a 3 zone climate system instead of a 4 zone? I'd be more than happy to see a 4 zone instead of a 3 zone

Waiting on my RWD Pure. 3 zone is fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back