Speaker locations

I totally understand! If you’ve already got a killer system then why chuck it?

The battery is 12v I believe from what @hydbob found

A sub in an infinite baffle through the ski pass could be a challenge. It isn’t that wide and it would stop you from using the fold down seats. You might have an easier time using the rear dash behind the seats.

There should be sufficient room in the front dash for midrange drivers. You could stick with Morel and use the MSW 144 or 114 (5” and 4” respectively). Both have excellent mids, large voice coils and are certainly shallow enough. This would avoid the kick panels and still get that amazing Morel sound. I’ve also been very smitten lately with BMR drivers for mids. Crazy good dispersion and some of the most realistic midrange I’ve ever heard, just not sure they could take the power you want to put through.

Two normal 12v batteries, yeah.

Are they regular AGM batteries or lithium’s?
Best pic I could take

20220221_190926.jpg

Anyone make progress with a proper sub installation?

There are supposedly 21 speakers, and I definitely haven’t found all of them yet.

Obviously the non-Surreal Sound will have a different layout and fewer.

I have the Surreal sound , I suspect the footwell subwoofers are not working , I saved some pictures from the forum , I counted this:

four height speakers for Dolby Atmos
six speakers in the dash board , 3 mids 3 tweeters (I suppose)
two 8 inch footwell woofers
two rear door , or maybe four in the rear door (mids and highs?)
three rear window in the trunk enclosure- one subwoofer and two for surround

So I am getting 17 or 19 speakers , not 21

I downloaded some pictures , is this the location of the footwell woofers , which is so difficult to access?. I circled those footwell woofers in red, and I circled the dash board mids and highs in blue. I found another picture, circled in yellow.

I suspect my two 8 inch woofers are not working at all, since the bass feels like is lacking ,it does not feel like a full bass, are those covered by carpet? I have not heard of speakers being covered like this before.
In the picture I downloaded, replacement 8 inch woofers are shown , not the original.
I had the distorted sound someone mentioned , and that was fixed ( some people mentioned tech Frank fixing it) but I am not getting enough bass , feels like all bass in coming from the sub in the trunk area. I had the problem mentioned on this link, when listening in the front: https://lucidowners.com/threads/resolved-does-your-front-footwell-woofer-work-properly.3326/page-2

Are my footwell woofers blown maybe?

Attachments

• footwell.png
    footwell.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 31
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 32
  • footwell yellow.jpeg
    footwell yellow.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
I was wrong , I looked at the invoice, they did not do anything about the rattle, the process is described here

Back